Today i see.....

Chat about all the general off-topic stuff here - News, Advice, Opinions, etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Today i see.....

Postby dutchie on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Notice wrote:
dutchie wrote:Twin Peaks

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol:

Mr. Jackpots, I love that scene.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Notice on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Fear the Walking Dead got really good :O
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Let's see...

I recantly rewatched Outlander and I am caught up on the first three episodes of season 3! I love John Gray (I have read 2 of The Lord John novels also).

I am now rewatching Alias--am in the first third of the third season!

As soon as I am done, I will be either rewatching Frontier before the new season, or Stranger Things before the new season!

I watched almost all of Midnight Texas. As a book fan, I love the cast, but they breezed way to fast through plots and spelled way to much out for the audience. I don't think it's going to get a second season.

I'm also still watching Ray Donovan. I wasn't too happy when they cast Susan Surandon, given some of her political allegences, but a: she hasn't been in it too much. b: her characters is very different looking/behaving than most other roles she has been in. C. the season as depressing as it has been, has made great use of it's "flashback" story line -- and I haven't enjoyed Ray Donovan this much since season 2 or 3.

For new shows, I have seen Star Trek: Discovery 1.01/1.02. I love it. Even though Bryan Fuller walked away, I can still see his genius and darker-deeper philosophical tones. It's a nice update that has Fuller's edginess, a bit of Abrams/Kelvenverse sense of adventure or flash (just a smaller amount), and yet there is still something very prime star trek at it's core in Michael's character. (She reminds me of Kirk and Spock mashed-together).

I have seen the Pilot for The Gifted (X-Men spin off) and really liked it. Though Bryan Singer did a good job making it feel like an X-Men film. I'm looking forward to new episodes!

I also watched the Pilot for Young Sheldon, despite that I don't really watch TBBT. It reminded me so MUCH of the Wonder Years--and as it turns out, TWY was an influence. So I will probably watch it in chunks. It has a nice heart of gold at it's center.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to General Discussion