Dreaming

Chat about all the general off-topic stuff here - News, Advice, Opinions, etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Dreaming

Postby Woongo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:41 pm

We all have dreams from time to time. I want you to share your scariest, happiest, weirdest dreams you had in your life. You can also say if you have any recurring dreams, you know, the ones which you keep dreaming often :)
I'll start :)

I very often dream something about the sea and those dreams usually end in waves taking me away to the sea. For example:

1. My family was in some cold and snowy place, maybe Antartica or something, we were walking there until we reached the ocean. I wanted to take a swim in that ocean, but waves took me away and I couldn't do anything about it.

2. I was flying in a helicopter and as we reached the sea, I had to jump into the sea with a parachute. I jumped, and well, you know the rest...

Also, I often dream about me being in my home city, but that city is always kinda different from what it is in reality. Those dreams are often pretty scary to be honest. For example in one there was a huge black angel statue near the church. :scared:

Another reccuring dreams I have (not so often, though) is something about skeletons. These dreams are the real nightmares :(. For example, not too long ago I had this dream:

Me and a few of my friends were digging a hole somewhere in a small village and we found a skeleton buried in there. My friends somewhy started laughing about it "Haha, it's a skeleton!", but I got really freaked out about it and also, the stench coming from it was really bad. :O

Your turn. ;)
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Dreaming

Postby Finli Otego on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:58 pm

I try to keep dream journals but I always forget my dreams before I can write them down.

I do remember one from last night:
I was at a BBQ/Party or something, and my father-in-law was all excited to show me this old grenade that he found. Someone asked him how they work, so he pulled the pin, and started to explain that once he releases the trigger it explodes in a couple seconds.
But before he could finish it just went off in his hand! :scared:
Everyone was freaking out and screaming, but he just calmly came up to me and asked me to help him find his finger (the grenade had taken off one finger and left his hand half-off at the wrist).
So we're searching around the street for his finger, and we keep finding fingers but every time he says "No, that's not mine. It won't do." Finally, the fifth or sixth finger, he accepts.
I go to call 911, and the dream shifts, like they often do, to where now it's my WIFE who's blown off her finger.

And that's all I remember. :|

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:54 pm

O.o

I had this strange dream last night about Hiroworship actually. She had written this long story on some internet page about the different seasons. But she stopped at Fall and refused to finish it or Winter. She told us just to figure it out for ourselves, she was in a bad mood and didn't care.

Weird.

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:58 am

once I had a dream that I was having a vacation in Hawai and I auditioned for Lost!! I got a part as Richard's daughter!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
but I ALWAYS dream flying!! like twice a week... :hmm:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Brewski on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:10 am

Miss Ford wrote:but I ALWAYS dream flying!! like twice a week... :hmm:

I always WANT to dream of flying but it never happens!! :( .
My dreams usually involve situations with people ive been talking to that day or thinking about generally.
I used to work in a call centre , and i knew I had to leave the job when I started dreaming about taking calls. I remember one week , i worked shifts of half 3 to midnight and when I went to sleep all i dreamt about was taking calls. Nothing exciting, just answering calls about the same crap i dealt with that day.
Then when I would wake up , I might have a few short hours before I would have to go into work and do the exact same thing. It cracked me up!!! :lol:
Has an iphone that belongs to some of you! :P
Brewski
Star Billing

Postby fingersplints on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 am

I've had reoccuring dreams about chickens since I was little. Sometimes it's real chickens. Other times it's gigantic claymation chickens. I am to this day terrified of chickens.

Sometimes I have realistic dreams, and then I wake up all confused. But mostly I have really odd dreams.
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby Brewski on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:51 pm

fingersplints wrote:I've had reoccuring dreams about chickens since I was little. Sometimes it's real chickens. Other times it's gigantic claymation chickens. I am to this day terrified of chickens.

Aww poor fingersplints! claymation is really crappy special effects also!! You should try dream awesome CG chickens. Big budget dreams are always more fun :lol:
Can't believe your scared of chickens....what are you, chicken?? :lol: (sorry I couldnt resist!)
Has an iphone that belongs to some of you! :P
Brewski
Star Billing

Postby dutchie on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Last night I was walking in my town with a bag full of chopped heads. I went to the aquarium shop and I got myself another chopped head O.o

I always have these weird, gory, violent dreams when I sleep on my left side, which I do very often, so most of my dreams are like this.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Two Sides on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:11 pm

My mums face was eaten by a werewolf on the way to the shops.... i was only about 8.
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Woongo on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 pm

2 nights ago I've dreamt that I was explaining the smoke monster to someone. :lol: (to my friend maybe?)
I remember telling that his body died, but his subconcious survived and I told some nonsense that the smoke was his subconscious, lol :D But it totally made sense in the dream!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby Gary Troup on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:58 pm

I had a verrrrry strange dream last night about somebody from this forum (who shall remain usernameless)'s mother. At least I think it was their mother, since I've never actually seen their mother :hmm:

We were stood outside WH Smith on Fargate in Sheffield city centre. She said to me "Hi, how are you?", I said "Fine, thanks". Then she launched into me about how I don't move my lips properly when I talk and then taught me how to speak correctly. I was actually glad for this help :O

Then, I spoke to the forum member. I said "What have you done today?" and then they said "Not much, but I'm making an apple pie later! :w00t: "

Yeah..... :hmm: :hmm:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Two Sides on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:01 pm

What the fudge! O.o

Also, I had the best dream ever last week... I won't describe it. It involved a musician :|
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Woongo on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Lol Gary :rofl:

I have also had a dream with STV member in it once. I can say it was Two Sides, and we were playing basketball O.o I just know that he is good at playing basketball... That's why I had this dream I guess.

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby Two Sides on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Woongo wrote:Lol Gary :rofl:

I have also had a dream with STV member in it once. I can say it was Two Sides, and we were playing basketball O.o I just know that he is good at playing basketball... That's why I had this dream I guess.

:O I'm honoured... and I am actually quite good at baksetball :O

:scared:
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Gary Troup on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 pm

I had a dream "set" before Lost S6 had started and I was watching the 6x01 and there was a scene on top of this mountain and there was loads of tvs everywhere and Jacob was on them saying "You can't save them all" :scared: :scared:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Next

Return to General Discussion