Home Cinema Pod

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Home Cinema Pod

Postby Adam on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:30 am

As with quite a few things unveiled at CEDIA Expos, the Ovei is also aimed squarely at folks with wallets so fat they can hardly contain themselves. This home cinema pod made its most recent debut at the CEDIA UK show, where the creators explained that users could slip into the air-conditioned capsule and control their home theater and / or gaming experience via the built-in touchscreen. We are told that it was designed by Lee McCormack and engineered by McLaren Applied Technologies, but aside from that, pretty much everything else remains a mystery. The Ovei can be ordered up now for around £50,000 (that's 100,000 of those depreciating greenbacks), but if you get 'em to toss in some foot pedals and a steering wheel (or whatever else you dream up), count on that figure heading north in a hurry.

Source: Engadget

US$100,000. Why?! You could start your way to a new house with that kind of money! Or an awesome new car! OR be really outrageous, and just spend a fifth on that on a 15 seater full size home theater. It's not like this thing is portable anyway. If you have enough money to blow $100,000 on a home cinema pod, you probably live in a pretty big house, so it won't be like space is scarce - making it pointless being small.
Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Home Cinema Pod

Postby IChangedTheRules on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:53 pm

That's a scary chair! I don't want to be locked in a teenytiny room as I watch movies, I want to watch movies with friends and family, hard to do that in a little pod with the door closed. :?
If LOST is crack then I don't want rehab!

IChangedTheRules
Guest Star

Postby Adam on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

IChangedTheRules wrote:That's a scary chair! I don't want to be locked in a teenytiny room as I watch movies, I want to watch movies with friends and family, hard to do that in a little pod with the door closed. :?
Another brilliant reason for why this is a pointless waste of money. Yay!! Plus it looks so damn cramped in there too!
Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Postby IChangedTheRules on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:17 pm

It wouldn't be a very comfortable watching experience if you want to stretch you need to open the door. Plus what does it say about a person who wants to lock themselves in a cocoon just to watch a movie? Creeeeepy...
If LOST is crack then I don't want rehab!

IChangedTheRules
Guest Star

Postby Joshjb on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Wow. I can't believe there is actually a market for these things. Crazy.
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Return to Science & Technology