iPhone 5

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

iPhone 5

Postby Adam on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:07 pm

So I've been reading about the iPhone 5 for a while now, which has made me really keen to jump on the iPhone bandwagon and get rid of my crappy, slow and expensive Nokia.

Apparently the announcement should be coming within the next couple of weeks with a release a few weeks after that. Features are likely to include:
  • A5 Dual Core Processor
  • Bigger screen
  • Improved Camera
  • Larger Hard Drive
  • iOS 5 (definite)

There's also many rumours regarding other features such as NFC, LTE, and 4G technologies, as well as the possibility of a physical shape change, or even 2 models - one to appeal to those looking for a cheaper smartphone, as well as a higher end model with all the bells and whistles.

So, are you interested in the iPhone 5? Let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below.
Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: iPhone 5

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm currently liking my process of getting an iPhone: I got the 3G, skipped the 3GS, got the 4. So I won't get 5.

But it does look cool, with a bigger jump in features than the 3G->3GS. I especially like the better camera. An 8 MPX camera in a phone?! Sounds crazy to me. But, oh well, I'll wait for the iPhone 6.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby DarkUFO on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 pm

DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Adam on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 pm

I sort of wish I was in the same rotation as you Drey, because the chance of this iPhone being a major upgrade is pretty unlikely really, apart from the screen. So the iPhone 6 is bound to filled with awesome stuff. At least you have the 4th one which seems to be a great phone to stay with for a while! Personally, I need to upgrade ASAP cos my phone sucks!

But yeah, really looking forward to it! The 8MP camera is going to be so cool, hopefully it'll record in full HD too!
Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Postby Michelle on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Saliva wrote:The funniest thing about iPhone 5 for me is that it was jailbroken in a few days after the official release, inspite of all secuirity improvements...

Aren't hackers always quick to find a way to jailbreak the iPhone?
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:09 pm

I guess I need to update myself on the iPhone - I'm from Droidland where we look forward to hacking our phones and rooting them. Is this not the case with the iPhone? I personally enjoy the customization factor myself.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Return to Science & Technology