Google

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Google

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:04 am

NOTE: I wasn't sure if I should merge the Chrome thread with this one. If anyone believes so, don't bother asking, just do it ;)

Google. Another company that wants to take over the world, but unlike Microsoft, we like it :P

I personally use a lot of Google stuff.

Everyday use of GMail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google (the search engine). And I've got downloaded Google Earth, and Google Chrome, and use them sporadically.

In short, I love Google. Do you?

Btw, if anyone uses GMail, have you checked out the themes? I'm using the Space one, and it looks awesome :P
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Google

Postby frecklesLOVESdimples on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:19 am

I adore google and i use everything.what u said and i can add blogger,alertss,analytics,igogle,orkut,picasa web album,reader,notebook,talk,web history........lol. when my site will grow im gonna use adsense too.................so im HUGE google fan.thanks for this thread.
"If anything goes wrong,LOST will be my constant!"-Sally Ford
HUGE thanks to Miss Ford and Isabelle for these AMAZING signatures!!!
TEAM S.K.A.T.E!!!
frecklesLOVESdimples
Stunt Double

Postby Bella on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:48 am

Yup, I'm a Google fan all the way. I've been using Gmail since it was still invitation-only, I use Google Reader to read blogs via RSS, and Google is the only search engine I ever use. I also use Picasa to organize my photography.

:thumbsup:

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Adam on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:57 am

Yeah it's a fantastic company. I use the search engine, Gmail, Sketchup (Epic for a free program btw, I totally advise you to check it out ;) ), Earth, YouTube (can't forget that one!) and Chrome.

Also, adsense is really great - everyone wins which hardly ever happens in advertising.

What's this you say about themes in gmail Mr. Dreyesbo?! *Runs off to check*... :w00t: OMG - The 'Shiny' one is just awesome!
Breaking Bad | The Office | Entourage | Lost | Californication
Adam
Former Staff Member

Postby BauerUK on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:10 pm

Google is a fantastic model for a business and as a whole are superb innovators, however it is important that we don't get happy that they're taking over the world because it is inevitable that when they do, and they no longer need to innovate to make money, then that's when their products become weak and then we (as consumers) are forced to use them. It's great to have someone like Google out there, but even more important, is a competitor that can always knock them off--just to keep them on their toes, if nothing else.
BauerUK
IRC Operator

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Another Google fan here! :D

Like Bella, I've been using Gmail since it was invitation only and after trying it, I forgot about all my other email accounts. Google's search engine is my default homepage, visit YouTube everyday, and also use Google Earth, Sketchup and downloaded Chrome like three weeks ago, but admit I don't use it that much. I'm a Firefox user, but some of the problems it has with Adobe Flash have been bugging me lately, that's when Chrome comes, because I needed an option not to open IE ever again. :thumbsdown:

BauerUK wrote:Google is a fantastic model for a business and as a whole are superb innovators, however it is important that we don't get happy that they're taking over the world because it is inevitable that when they do, and they no longer need to innovate to make money, then that's when their products become weak and then we (as consumers) are forced to use them. It's great to have someone like Google out there, but even more important, is a competitor that can always knock them off--just to keep them on their toes, if nothing else.

I totally agree with you! :thumbup:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Joshjb on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 pm

I :wub: Google! :PP

BauerUK wrote:Google is a fantastic model for a business and as a whole are superb innovators, however it is important that we don't get happy that they're taking over the world because it is inevitable that when they do, and they no longer need to innovate to make money, then that's when their products become weak and then we (as consumers) are forced to use them. It's great to have someone like Google out there, but even more important, is a competitor that can always knock them off--just to keep them on their toes, if nothing else.

I agree. Hopefully it won't take over the world just yet. ;)
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby Iceman on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Yep, I love Google too.

I also, like everyone else agree with what Bauer said ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby frecklesLOVESdimples on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:53 pm

themes are greate and also now i receive letters from all my other emails.that's greate......what theme are you using?????i have that external(as i remember) in black and shining green and my gmail looks like swan station computer now..........LOL
TEAM S.K.A.T.E!!!
frecklesLOVESdimples
Stunt Double

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:59 pm

I pretty much live inside Google.

Gmail : I have all my email accounts merged into my gmail account.
Reader: I have over 1000+ Feeds that I monitor
Alerts: 1000+ Alerts looking for new spoilers/info
Maps: For when I play cricket and get lost going to away games and to help find pubs :)
Chrome: Is my second browser, FF is no.1 as I have so many Addons that I use. Chrome is used for speed browsing on my 2nd monitor
Gtalk: Is my IM
Docs: I'm using Google Doc and Spreadsheets more and more and less and less of Office.
Calendar: Use this for everything. Shared with my Wife and friends so we can see each others. Plus all the Arsenal Football games are stored there so I always know when they are playing :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby T.L.A. on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Google rocks.

In fact if someone had access to Google a few hundred years ago and could call upon it for answers to almost any question..

They'd probably be burned at the stake for being a witch/demon/heretic or any combination thereof.

So yeah, it rocks :D
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby frecklesLOVESdimples on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:30 pm

LOL everyone uses firefox as i see but i can't.i don't like it at all.i can't live without opera.chrome is 2nd of course........
TEAM S.K.A.T.E!!!
frecklesLOVESdimples
Stunt Double

Postby BauerUK on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:34 pm

frecklesLOVESdimples wrote:LOL everyone uses firefox as i see but i can't.i don't like it at all.i can't live without opera.chrome is 2nd of course........

A lot of people just blindly use Firefox without any real reason to. It's not for everyone. I see no problem with using a more suitable alternative to Firefox; it's all based on personal requirements really. I would imagine a lot of people jumping straight at people who don't use Firefox, it's silly.
BauerUK
IRC Operator

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Anyone who does not use firefox will get an instant ban on this forum :PP
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby frecklesLOVESdimples on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 pm

lol andy you are NOT really gonna ban me are you???????hope not...... :PP (that smile back) :P (and another one)
TEAM S.K.A.T.E!!!
frecklesLOVESdimples
Stunt Double

Next

Return to Science & Technology