MAC VS PC

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

MAC VS PC

Postby UNIQUE on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:28 pm

What do you use..??

I use Mac and love it. For work and Home.
HAPPY LOST DAY ALL ! ! ! ! ! !
UNIQUE
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: MAC VS PC

Postby Henry Gale on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:37 pm

"Generally, when products go mass market, they lose their edge. So it's remarkable that with 30 million users, being a Mac person is still a statement. If the Mac share keeps growing, will that stay true? If 50 million people are using Macs, does that mean they're still "thinking different"? How about 100 million?" - Wired
25 Years of Mac: From Boxy Beige to Silver Sleek

I'm so annoyed by the trendyness of it all. It's so dumb. I agree with the sentiments towards the end of that article.

Here's my view. I grew up ONLY with macs. Never had a PC and my schools used only macs until high school. Then I bought my first computer a Dell, and I now have my second PC. Macs are still not at a very consumer friendly price so I don't see my next computer which will be a notebook being a Mac either.

I use a PC at home for work, and leisure. I use Macs at school for both as well. All of my work is easily recognized by both and neither seem to offer a greater benefit of power, stability or sustenance for my needs.

Simply. Unless you're specializing in a single field like media, you really don't need a Mac. Even so windows has programs suited for the same needs, which can pretty much match those on a Mac, and if you know how to take care of your computer, you don't need to worry about it's longevity.
Henry Gale
Guest Star

Postby Grey'sAddict on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 am

I grew up using PC's. I just got my first Mac a few months back and I gotta say it makes the PC look like a joke.

And I agree their pretty pricey, but I think it's worth it. The speed of the Mac is amazing :thumbup: compared to my old HP notebook. :thumbsdown:
Grey'sAddict
Viewer

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:12 am

Used PC my whole life. Although I admit it isn't perfect, it's good enough to get around.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby UNIQUE on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Grey'sAddict wrote:I grew up using PC's. I just got my first Mac a few months back and I gotta say it makes the PC look like a joke.

And I agree their pretty pricey, but I think it's worth it. The speed of the Mac is amazing :thumbup: compared to my old HP notebook. :thumbsdown:

Totally agree...I used PC once or twice and they crash all the time, the design is awful always etc etc etc...

But each person choise ! ! !
HAPPY LOST DAY ALL ! ! ! ! ! !
UNIQUE
Guest Star

Postby LittleTiger on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:42 pm

I have to say I LOVE my PowerBook! It just always works :D After 20 yrs of using PC's....my PowerBook is hands down, the best computer I ever bought.

The cost is worth it since they last much longer than a PC, IMO.

Not to mention no constant patching and no problems with viruses :)

LT
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Postby DarkUFO on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 pm

PC for me. I must be one of the few who Love PC's and love Vista, although Windows 7 is looking really good. Got W7 running on my 2 laptops.

I just find PC's more convenient in terms of Price, parts, repairs etc. and I've been using them ever since I upgraded my Sinclair ZX 81. I can build a new PC from scratch in about 15 mins and can reuse parts very easily.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Macs all the way, baby.

I was introduced to Macs when I began audio engineering school in '03, and haven't gone back since.
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby LittleTiger on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:11 pm

DarkUFO wrote:
I just find PC's more convenient in terms of Price, parts, repairs etc. and I've been using them ever since I upgraded my Sinclair ZX 81. I can build a new PC from scratch in about 15 mins and can reuse parts very easily.

Maybe I should send you all my parts then :) I have one room in my house that is filled with servers, computers, parts, software, techie books (okay, it's my lab :) ) I still have some 300 baud modems even :eek: ram sticks galore....hard drives, mb's... you name it I probably have it from whatever year you like.... LOL

I still have the first computer I actually bought - a 386 with 4mb RAM (which was a huge amount of memory back then).

Ahhhh the memories..... :)

LT
Still love my MAC though :PP
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Return to Science & Technology