Playboy Magazine Interview w/Matthew Fox

Discuss your favourite and least favourite characters

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Playboy Magazine Interview w/Matthew Fox

Postby beresford on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:11 pm

vader182 wrote:Especially since portions of the cast have at various points showed a firm disinterest in what was happening on screen.

What do you mean by that?
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Mellow on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Aren't DDK and Josh Holloway good friends aswell?
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby lostfan5007 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:35 pm

The greatest friendship is Evangeline Lilly-Elizabeth Mitchell-Josh Holloway and also Michael Emerson-Terry O Quinn-Josh Holloway. But I have read in an interview that Terry and Michael are also good friends with Josh.

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby katieb on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Evangeline Lilly has stated numerous times that out of all the cast members she is closest to Matthew Fox and Jorge Garcia has made similar comments. Matthew has stated many times that he is good friends with Evangeline, Jorge and Josh. I know that back in season 1 or season 2 he treated Terry and his wife to a weekend at the Kentucky Derby.

I also remember reading comments from Matthew after Season 1 or 2 where he admitted he'd spent so much time doing things with the cast in an attempt to make everyone feel comfortable that he'd neglected his wife and children and that he couldn't do it so much anymore. I'm pretty sure Season 1 and 2 was when all the skinny-dipping parties, the viewing parties at his house, the bowling dates with certain members of the cast, etc. all took place, but he's been spotted at random concerts and other events with some of his cast mates in the years since so while they don't spend every waking minute together it seems as though they do get together for things on occasion.
“Jack, uhm Shephard is obviously the sort of hero of the show, he's where it all begins.” Damon Lindelof

"Jack's Heart is Always in the Right Place" Damon Lindelof

"The paraplegic and the spinal surgeon have always been linked together inseparably as the backbone of the story." Luhks

Proud Member of the Little Coterie of Jack Fans
katieb
Star Billing

Postby lostfan5007 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 pm

You are wrong katieb. EL is closer to Josh by a mile from the second

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby vader182 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:44 pm

beresford wrote:
vader182 wrote:Especially since portions of the cast have at various points showed a firm disinterest in what was happening on screen.

What do you mean by that?

I wish I could pull all of them up but... these poitns are based on interviews.

-Naveen Andrews (this was extremely talked about) more or less said he hated Season 3 and hated what they did with his character and the show itself. Around Season 4, he said he was happy with the direction they took, but the rest of the cast was quite restless with Season 3.

-Terry O'Quin was extremely frustrated with Locke in the hatch for the whole of S2.

-Evangeline said she doesn't care for anything sci-fi so she doesn't get into the show that much anymore but still likes her character. It's almost a stretch, but I got the vibe she didn't care for where the show went.

there's lots more but I can't remember.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby katieb on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:44 pm

lostfan5007 wrote:You are wrong katieb. EL is closer to Josh by a mile from the second

I'm not sure what it is I'm "wrong" about since all I did was quote the actress and I wasn't aware it was a competition, but these are a few of the quotes from Evangeline about Matthew and a picture of them from the premiere of Season 6, so you won't think I'm just pulling things out of my arse. I have no idea who Evangeline is absolutely really without a doubt closest to, but she seems to consider Matthew a close friend. Dom and Ian are also quite fond of him. :)

“I got mostly attached to Matthew Fox. We are hooligans, we can be really rude to each other. But our five years friendship allows it. I can say to him: ‘You are a dumbass’, and he will respond: ‘Yeah, and you are completely nuts’. And we would both laugh about it.”

“I probably don't make fun of or pick on anyone in the world more than I pick on Matthew Fox, just because he's like my brother. I can't help it. He's a brat and I'm a brat and we like to get under each other's skin but after five years we've reached a level of intimacy where it’s okay for me to say, "You're a jerk," and for him to say, "Yeah, well, you are a bit crazy." And for us to laugh about it. We have a good time because we know there is a love there. There's a commitment to each other.”

“Matthew has been a god sent. He has absolutely stepped up to the plate. He is my leading man and…in so many more ways than just on the show. He’s been a friend, a mentor, a big brother, a support and a teacher. He’s just really carried me through it.”

“Jack, uhm Shephard is obviously the sort of hero of the show, he's where it all begins.” Damon Lindelof

"The paraplegic and the spinal surgeon have always been linked together inseparably as the backbone of the story." Luhks

katieb
Star Billing

Postby lostfan5007 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:50 pm

If I were Matthew's wife I would feel so threatened by Evangeline Lilly :lol: How can he resist?? :PP

katieb, I didn't want to insult you or anything, I do think that she likes Josh Holloway and Matthew Fox equally as she said they are like her brothers(who she has to kiss :rofl: :rofl: ) Again, poor Matthew's wife(and Josh's too)

lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby katieb on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:00 pm

lostfan5007 wrote:If I were Matthew's wife I would feel so threatened by Evangeline Lilly :lol: How can he resist?? :PP

katieb, I didn't want to insult you or anything, I do think that she likes Josh Holloway and Matthew Fox equally as she said they are like her brothers(who she has to kiss :rofl: :rofl: ) Again, poor Matthew's wife(and Josh's too)

After all the women that Matthew had to be filmed in various states of undress with during his Party of Five days, I doubt his wife feels threatened by the women of Lost, although having him become Bai Ling's latest meal may have left her feeling a bit unsettled. ;)

If you've never seen Matthew's response to being asked what it was like to do a love scene with Bai Ling you need to find it. It's priceless! :rofl:

katieb
Star Billing

Postby fingersplints on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:01 pm

lostfan5007 wrote:If I were Matthew's wife I would feel so threatened by Evangeline Lilly :lol: How can he resist?? :PP

He's been with her for 23 years, obviously she is doing something right ;) :lol:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby lostfan5007 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:02 pm

^Why? What does it say? Do you have a link?

lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby fingersplints on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:04 pm

I know I'm curious as well :)
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby vader182 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:26 pm

I actually remember some of those Evangeline quotes from various places. Nice to re-read them, I forgot about it completely.

And yeah, I'm extremely interested to know what he had to say ;)

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby katieb on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:29 pm

It was from an interview he did with Lost Ninja.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/b/lost-ninja/archive/2008/01

I don't think it works anymore but the guy asked him what it was like to do a love scene with Bai Ling and he was immediately very flustered and said,

"Whew! Frightening!" and then he quickly backtracked and said, "Frightening in a good way. She's a very sexual invididual and she just went for it."

I think it's something you had to see to appreciate because he is usually so calm, cool and collected, but I guess the memories of Bai Ling trying to eat him up knocked him off of his game. :rofl:

katieb
Star Billing

Postby vader182 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 pm

katieb wrote:It was from an interview he did with Lost Ninja.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/b/lost-ninja/archive/2008/01

I don't think it works anymore but the guy asked him what it was like to do a love scene with Bai Ling and he was immediately very flustered and said,

"Whew! Frightening!" and then he quickly backtracked and said, "Frightening in a good way. She's a very sexual invididual and she just went for it."

I think it's something you had to see to appreciate because he is usually so calm, cool and collected, but I guess the memories of Bai Ling trying to eat him up knocked him off of his game. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That sounds like it would've been extremely amusing to of watched.

sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Character/Actor Discussion