What did you think of 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out?

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: What did you think of 5.14 - Beat Your Heart Out?

Postby McSunny on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 pm

I think it's funny that no one that I know thought the Owen/Chris (can we call them something? Owentina?) scenes were serious. Surely that was for the humor!

ETA: Voice Over 5.14: Beat Your Heart Out

Credit Terri at S&D

Meredith: Any first year med student knows that an increased heart rate is a sign of trouble. A racing heart could indicate anything, from a panic disorder to something much .... much more serious. A heart that flutters or one that skips a beat could be sign of a secret affliction .......... or it could indicate romance, which is the biggest trouble of all.

Meredith: It seems like we have no control over our own hearts. Conditions can change without warning ... romance can make the heart pound just like panic can. And panic can make it stop cold in your chest. It’s no wonder that doctors spend so much time trying to keep the heart stable, to keep it slow, steady, regular ..... to stop the heart from pounding out of your chest from the dread of something terrible or the anticipation of something else entirely.
McSunny
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Taylijane on Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:22 pm

McSunny wrote:I think it's funny that no one that I know thought the Owen/Chris (can we call them something? Owentina?) scenes were serious. Surely that was for the humor!

Credit Terri at S&D

Meredith: Any first year med student knows that an increased heart rate is a sign of trouble. A racing heart could indicate anything, from a panic disorder to something much .... much more serious. A heart that flutters or one that skips a beat could be sign of a secret affliction .......... or it could indicate romance, which is the biggest trouble of all.

Meredith: It seems like we have no control over our own hearts. Conditions can change without warning ... romance can make the heart pound just like panic can. And panic can make it stop cold in your chest. It’s no wonder that doctors spend so much time trying to keep the heart stable, to keep it slow, steady, regular ..... to stop the heart from pounding out of your chest from the dread of something terrible or the anticipation of something else entirely.

Sunny, I am hoping it was meant to be humourous. If it wasn't then it was pathetic. And I think it is just as pathetic I suppose that we are debating if it was humourous. Good writing or direction would have made it clear. So I think it was poor writing or direction that we do not know. :(
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Taylijane wrote:
McSunny wrote:I think it's funny that no one that I know thought the Owen/Chris (can we call them something? Owentina?) scenes were serious. Surely that was for the humor!

Credit Terri at S&D

Meredith: It seems like we have no control over our own hearts. Conditions can change without warning ... romance can make the heart pound just like panic can. And panic can make it stop cold in your chest. It’s no wonder that doctors spend so much time trying to keep the heart stable, to keep it slow, steady, regular ..... to
stop the heart from pounding out of your chest from the dread of something terrible or the anticipation of something else entirely.

Sunny, I am hoping it was meant to be humourous. If it wasn't then it was pathetic. And I think it is just as pathetic I suppose that we are debating if it was humourous. Good writing or direction would have made it clear. So I think it was poor writing or direction that we do not know. :(

I have to inform you girls that some people here on a forum I visit about series loved it and found it romantic!!!but I never agree with them because they even like the dead denny storyline and some hate Meredith (you cannot imagine whatcthey say about me every week when I support the exact opposite opinions of some of them!)
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Leliforever wrote:
Taylijane wrote:

Credit Terri at S&D

Meredith: It seems like we have no control over our own hearts. Conditions can change without warning ... romance can make the heart pound just like panic can. And panic can make it stop cold in your chest. It’s no wonder that doctors spend so much time trying to keep the heart stable, to keep it slow, steady, regular ..... to
stop the heart from pounding out of your chest from the dread of something terrible or the anticipation of something else entirely.

I have to inform you girls that some people here on a forum I visit about series loved it and found it romantic!!!but I never agree with them because they even like the dead denny storyline and some hate Meredith (you cannot imagine whatcthey say about me every week when I support the exact opposite opinions of some of them!)

Leli, you have the right to have your own opinion ... so don't take notice of what they can say ;) And if they like Denny, good for them, but me no :whistle:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:23 am

md_em wrote:
Leliforever wrote:
Taylijane wrote:

Credit Terri at S&D

Leli, you have the right to have your own opinion ... so don't take notice of what they can say ;) And if they like Denny, good for them, but me no :whistle:

md_em and Leli, You obviously have good taste. ;) Not that I am biased or anything. :whistle: :D :D
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 am

Tayli ... you're a sweetheart :D

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:13 pm

I know...that's what I keep telling to them... :D But you know,there are other more popular tv shows that Greek people prefer...like Lost,prison Break,heroes,24... :whistle:
Grey's became known as soon as a "big channel" on tv brought it on and it has gained some fans... :)
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:51 pm

In France, GA is doing well. The first 4 seasons have been aired ... we have to wait for the 5th one (not if you're a fan like us :PP )

md_em
Star Billing

Previous

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers