[Official] Bones Ep. 4.16 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Bones Ep. 4.16 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:50 am

"The Bones That Foam"

Discuss this Episode Here.

THE MURDER OF A CAR SALESMAN WITH MYSTERIOUSLY FOAMING BONES HAS THE TEAM BAFFLED ON “BONES” THURSDAY, MARCH 12, ON FOX

Episode Directed by David Boreanaz

A bungee-jumping couple plunges off a bridge on their wedding day only to come face-to-face with a corpse lying at the bottom of a gorge. With the horrified couple’s wedding day ruined, Booth and Brennan hike down the rocky creek bed to examine the corpse and determine that the victim was already dead before he was thrown off of the bridge, thus ruling out suicide. Back at the lab, they notice an unknown substance oozing from the body, throwing the lab into an immediate lockdown. As the victim’s bones continue to foam, the team realizes they have only 24 hours to determine the cause of death before the bones disintegrate completely. Meanwhile, Booth and Brennan identify the victim as a car salesman whose wheeling and dealing may have brought him many an unsatisfied customer in “The Bones That Foam” episode of BONES airing Thursday, March 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BON-410) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille “Cam” Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Cast: Ryan Cartwright as Vincent Nigel-Murray; Janet Varney as Maureen Perot; Stoney Westmoreland as Jungle Jim Delroy; Sunkrishi Bala as Buddy Shirazi; Zachary Knighton as Chet Newcomb; Omid Abtahi as Hal Shirazi; Christine Lakin as Vanessa Newcomb; Rich Hutchman as Kevin Howard; Nicole Malgarini as Strawberry Lust; Michael Adler as Pastor Rick; Ren Casey as Young Deputy; Jerry Shea as FBI Forensic Tech

ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 4.16 Discussion

Postby Rosalind on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:44 am

Cheers Icey :D
I loved this episode for a number of reasons-
MR NIGEL-MURRAY' is back- with his facts "I'm secreting adrenaline" :D :roll: I never realised that Nigel- Murray was just his last name until reading that press release (above). I hope they keep him in...Zach's becoming a distant memory for me :O

Usually I take the special effects for granted on these types of shows-there's a whole industry dedicated to guts, gore and blood afterall- but the way the body started foaming was great!

The lapdance scene with Brennan showing her entirely impersonal, objective curiosity was hilarious...

There were also a couple of good lines i picked up on- Booth's put-down to the young cop "probably because you're ten" on the rocks at the start, made me laugh..as did the scene in the car showroom the Booth-Brennan exchange where Booth says "What? She 'rawr'd me first" "That doesn't mean you have to Rawr her back!"
Heeheee
Nice episode to direct, the lighthearted moments were done very well :thumbsup:
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby Leliforever on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Very nice episode...Although I felt sorry for Bones...She was so sad and depressed...
Booth was perfect...as always! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love the game with interns but that was one of my favourite ones...Although I miss Zack... :blush:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby 4815162342execute on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:29 am

Rosalind wrote: I never realised that Nigel- Murray was just his last name until reading that press release (above).

I didn't know that was just his last name either. I thought he was one of those ppl that everyone just has to say their whole name :) (mine seems to have that effect)

Rosalind wrote:There were also a couple of good lines i picked up on- Booth's put-down to the young cop "probably because you're ten" on the rocks at the start, made me laugh..as did the scene in the car showroom the Booth-Brennan exchange where Booth says "What? She 'rawr'd me first" "That doesn't mean you have to Rawr her back!"

I thought thee Rawr line was hilarious also! :rofl: :rofl:

I also liked Sweets trying to help Bones read people and surprise didn't really help. :) and that Angela pointed out Booth is perhaps acts dumber than he really is sometimes- just because he knows how important being the smartest is to Bones :wub:
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Rosalind on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:38 am

4815162342execute wrote: I thought he was one of those ppl that everyone just has to say their whole name :)

yeah, me too! I just took it for granted...

(mine seems to have that effect)

:lol: 4815162342execute - trips of the tongue :P ;)

I also liked Sweets trying to help Bones read people and surprise didn't really help. :) and that Angela pointed out Booth is perhaps acts dumber than he really is sometimes- just because he knows how important being the smartest is to Bones :wub:

Yeah, i think that was a good thing for Cam to say- i don't think Bones would ever have considered that, and it'll have the effect of increasing her regard for him too ;) :whistle:

(PS Exey, are you sitting Mafia out for a bit- there's a cool Fringe one coming up?)
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby kristy815 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Really enjoyed that one. . .is it just me or is there a great deal of time between episodes these days?

I'm not sure I understand why they switch interns every week, but this guy and the guy who is depressed all the time are my favorite two.

I thought it was pretty funny that Sweets used to teach manipulation techniques to car salesmen for extra money. And Bones trying to interview the car dealer was hilarious.

And somehow I couldn't help laughing when Bones has managed to stall the car out in the intersection and she's still following Booth shouting, "I'm a good driver." LOL
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Rosalind wrote:
4815162342execute wrote: I thought he was one of those ppl that everyone just has to say their whole name :)

yeah, me too! I just took it for granted...

(mine seems to have that effect)

:lol: 4815162342execute - trips of the tongue :P ;)

:D :D it does doesn't it? you can't say just one number can you?? ;)

Rosalind wrote:(PS Exey, are you sitting Mafia out for a bit- there's a cool Fringe one coming up?)

yeah, I am sitting mafia out for a while- Fringe should be fun though- good luck!

And Kristy- I love your new avitar :) !! And I agree, the new episodes are taking forever to come out!! They hardly ever show a new episode two weeks in a row.
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Leliforever on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:59 pm

4815162342execute wrote:And I agree, the new episodes are taking forever to come out!! They hardly ever show a new episode two weeks in a row.

Why do they really do that?In other tv series you usually get an episode every week...Ok,there are some break now and then but here in Bones,we get an episode per month! :thumbsdown:
Let's hope from now on at least that a new episode will come out every week...
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby kristy815 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:35 am

4815162342execute wrote:And Kristy- I love your new avitar :) !! And I agree, the new episodes are taking forever to come out!! They hardly ever show a new episode two weeks in a row.

The new-new one or the old new one? I've been an avatar switching mad-woman lately. ;) :)

Do we get a new episode this week?
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]