Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Episode 5.19 - Elevator Love Letter - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:16 am

greysoffice wrote:is this the 100th episode?

if it is, i guarantee you this is the proposal episode. although i totally think meredith is going to propose to derek before he proposes to her :thumbsup:

i totally think the proposal is going down on the 100th episode. i think that would be great.

Greysoffice, the finale is the 100th episode. The title certainly has hints at a proposal but I just don't trust sr to deliver the goods. It may be another red herring. :(
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby md_em on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:09 am

Taylijane wrote:
greysoffice wrote:is this the 100th episode?

if it is, i guarantee you this is the proposal episode. although i totally think meredith is going to propose to derek before he proposes to her :thumbsup:

i totally think the proposal is going down on the 100th episode. i think that would be great.

Greysoffice, the finale is the 100th episode. The title certainly has hints at a proposal but I just don't trust sr to deliver the goods. It may be another red herring. :(

Tayli, I really think that the 100th episode will be 5.22 and not the finale :whistle: ... but as you greysoffice, I think we can get a proposal for the 100th episode :wub:
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Taylijane on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:13 pm

The episode summary and Dark UFO has brought over the promo shots for the episode:
GREY'S ANATOMY - "Elevator Love Letter" - Tensions are running high at Seattle Grace with all eyes on Derek as he is set to perform his first surgery after his breakdown; attention is also set on Izzie, whose medical condition requires her to undergo a difficult surgery; and Owen has another PTSD episode that injures Cristina and traumatizes both of them, throwing the future of their relationship into question, on "Grey's Anatomy," THURSDAY, MARCH 26 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/RANDY HOLMES) JAMES PICKENS JR., ELLEN POMPEO

I think the 4 of the fab 5 are waiting on Bailey to tell them how Izzie's surgery is going. Not sure why Derek would be doing a scan on Owen unless he gets injured as well as Cristina during one of his PTSD episodes. So him throwing Cristina across the room in 5.17 must just be the start and he does it again in 5.19.
I don't thonk Derek's surgery has anything to do with Owen. I wonder if it is to operate on Izzie. High drama but a little to dramatic and stressful for a first surgery back from a "breakdown". Intersting they are calling it a "breakdown". :hmm:
Love to know what Richard is saying to Mere outside the lift. It looks like she may be going home because she is not in scrubs. But Cristina looks okay with all the fab 5 group pics.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 pm

About Owen and Derek, awhile ago in the podcast Shonda said that Derek was going to help Owen with his sleeping problems, I assumed it got dropped with all the Izzie stuff but it looks like he is helping Owen with something probably like sleeping problems, I don't think he is physically hurt or anything. Christina is the hurt one. I can't believe he hurts her again. This means she sticks by him after 5-17. There obviously going to "break up" in this one though.
It looks like Bailey is doing Izzie's surgery to me. Hmm
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby Taylijane on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 pm

I think we are going to have to wait for this episode (5.17) to find out what type of cancer sr decides Izzie is going to have. (as Donna said it is Melanoma Awareness in May so this may be significant). If she does have a melanoma and it has spread to the brain - the chances of Izzie surviving are next to nil. Or sr may do her usual trick and hope that everyone has forgotten Denny and the hallucinations (not! :x ) and just conveniently forget that part of the previous storyline - she has this weakness for hoping that with the fans out of sight means out of our minds. We would have to be out of our minds to ever forget.
If Izzie has metastases in the brain - Derek may be trying to remove them and Bailey has come out to tell the others what is happening in surgery. If Bailey has just operated she may have just removed metastases in her abdomen or liver. Bailey must have switched from Paeds again. ;)
hbshopgirl, it may be the sleep problem that Derek is helping Owen with. His insomnia may be contributing to his condition. If he breaks up with Cristina, he may feel he has to because he keeps hurting her or is afraid to hurt her again. I cannot imagine that it will be a permanent break though.
I don't think we are going to see any proposals in this episode. :(

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby hbshopgirl on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 am

No,no proposals. I wonder why this episode is titled elevator love letter? Maybe it has to do with the love everyone has for izzie.
Weird how there is no info on Mark and Lexie, except for that interview with Eric, and Sara. I am not complaining about that though! :P I've tried to like this couple.

Owen must approach Derek as he is leaving or something to help him because Derek isn't scrubs. They probably want to keep it under wraps. Derek has a really sad look on his face. It's an odd look to have in that scene. I thought Derek was okay again, I am sure his first surgery went well. Maybe it didn't?
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby md_em on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:52 am

hbshopgirl wrote:No,no proposals. I wonder why this episode is titled elevator love letter? Maybe it has to do with the love everyone has for izzie.
Weird how there is no info on Mark and Lexie, except for that interview with Eric, and Sara. I am not complaining about that though! :P I've tried to like this couple.

Owen must approach Derek as he is leaving or something to help him because Derek isn't scrubs. They probably want to keep it under wraps. Derek has a really sad look on his face. It's an odd look to have in that scene. I thought Derek was okay again, I am sure his first surgery went well. Maybe it didn't?

I really hope that the tittle has nothing to do with Izzie but with Mer and Der :x :x

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Postby Leliforever on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Oh,come on...I've been dreaming about this episode for like a month waiting for the proposal... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I hope the title refers to MerDer...not stupid Izzie... :x :x :x
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:16 am

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:02 am

So yes it's all about Izzie and not Mer Der :cry: :cry: :cry:
But wrong thread ... we should be in 5.18 so maybe 5.19 is about MerDer :sneaky: :sneaky:

md_em
Star Billing

Postby md_em on Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:17 pm

So yes, this is the episode with the proposal :clap: :wub: :clap: :wub: :clap:

md_em
Star Billing

Postby Humbugged on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:10 am

from purplestuff48 at LBL

ABC PROMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Napf64jdI
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby md_em on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:13 am

So my guess for next week, Derek is going to save Izzie and then I will propose to Mer in the Elevator :PP :PP

md_em
Star Billing

Postby ozumablank on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 pm

There was no Owen/Cristina stuff in the promo which I think is kind of stupid when you consider the press release :huh: . I hope his therapy session with Wyatt is next week Ive been looking forward to that since I found out she's coming back for an episode. Also I'll enjoy any Izzie drama Im kinda into this storyline now and I don think she will die at least not until the finale, I hope Derek can get over himself soon and realise the world dosent just include him. I know the proposal is supposed to be next week but I highly doubt it with everything else thats going on, I suppose it depends on whether or not he finds the ring unless he does it without it which is certainly doable.
ozumablank
Extra

Postby Humbugged on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Fantasy Quiz

1. What will Alex refer to surgeons as?

Vultures
Butchers
Killers
Cutters
None of the above

2. What will Izzie do to keep herself busy?

Listen to music
Read
Watch daytime TV
Knit
None of the above

3. Who will be the resident working on Izzie's case?

Meredith
George
Bailey
Cristina
None of the above

4. What will Callie and Arizona do on their date?

Dance
Watch a movie
Sing karaoke
Go bowling
None of the above

5. Who will offer to help Dr. Hunt with his post-traumatic stress?

Meredith
Derek
George
Callie
None of the above
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers