Favourite And Least Favourite Gossip Girl Characters

General discussion for ‘Gossip Girl’

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Favourite And Least Favourite Gossip Girl Characters

Postby isabelle on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:33 pm

So who is your fave character? And least fave character? I know its hard to pick one, so just say who you like and who you don't like.

For me:

Love:
Chuck, Blair, Serena

Like:
Dan, Jenny, Georgie, Dorota, Eric

Am not fussed about:
Rufus, Lily (loved them in season 1, couldn't care less about them now)

Am not liking at the moment:
Nate (I like him sometimes right right now he is a jerk)

Hate with a buring passion:
Vanessa!!!! :cursing:

I probably missed someone...lol
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Favourite And Least Favourite Gossip Girl Characters

Postby ImaginaryVanity on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 pm

I love most of the charactors on the show. In order they are: Chuck, Blair, Serena, Eric, Jenny, Dorota, Dan.

Ive never been a big fan of Nate, and the last few episodes havent helped. Im on the fence with his charactor at the moment. I wouldnt say I hate him, but yeah, im on the fence.

I really dont like Rufus, Lily I can tolerate if she has a scene with Eric or Chuck, even Serena sometimes. I really dont like R/L together though. Then again I was always a Lily/Bart shipper, the episode where Bart comes back in S2 and Lily finds out he has a 'lily Bass file' she so wanted to jump his bones lol.

I dont hate Vanessa, I dont like her, but I dont hate her. She brings nothing to the show, she's a filler charactor at most. She's placed in situations to add drama to a storyline or be a 'filler' best friend. She unimportant and gloryfied guest star IMO as she's yet to have a . Doesnt help that she comes in-between most releationships and friendships on the show.
~Jess~
ImaginaryVanity
Viewer

Postby Mellow on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Love: Blair | Jenny | Blair's Mum

Like: Dan |Rufus | Lilly | Vanessa

Not fussed about: Serena | Nate

Dislike: Chuck

Hate: /
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby ImaginaryVanity on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:12 pm

OH, I forgot abour Harold and Elenor. Love both of them. And Cyrus, who you'll meet half way through S2 mellow :)
~Jess~
ImaginaryVanity
Viewer

Postby isabelle on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm

ImaginaryVanity wrote:Doesnt help that she comes in-between most releationships and friendships on the show.

I think that is the key reason she is so widely despised. At first she just came in and so abruptely tried to come become Serena and Dan. Which annoyed me cos I shipped them at the time (now, i don't really have much of an opinion on them...they are ok). Then she blackmailed C and B with her lame ass video camera. Get a life, Vanessa. Then she screwed over Jenny for Nate. Then I got over that and thought pairing her with Nate was actually a good idea. But that got shot to hell. Then she got in the way of CB and I was furious. :cursing: That was the last straw for me. Her character is now utterly unredeemable.

Note to writers: You don't place an already unpopular character right in the middle of the most popular couple and expect her to come out of it in tact. :P
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby BluckChair4eva on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 pm

LOVE :wub: Blair Chuck Dorota Cyrus

GOOD :) Serena Dan

DONT LIKE :x Lily Rufus Jenny Nate

HATE :cursing: Eleanor{ cause she puts B down and not a good mother} Vanessa Gabriel
CB FOREVER
BluckChair4eva
Viewer

Postby Mellow on Sun May 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Oh btw Now I'm near the end of series 2 and finished season 1 so i have someone to add: Caroline. I know we're supposed to hate her but how can a human be so evil? O__o
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby isabelle on Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm gonna add someone to my hate list:

Hate: Miss Carr ¬¬ :| :sneaky:

:P How she messed with Blair, Serena, Gossip Girl, Dan... Grr! :cursing:
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby beresford on Sat May 09, 2009 5:21 pm

This is a show where I really can't find characters that I hate. I suppose I hated Georgina during season 1, but it was more like a love to hate thing, it was great for the story. I'm usually annoyed by the minor characters that they bring as love interests. All the british lords family was extermely annoying after a couple of episodes. Neither Aaron Rose or Gabirl did it for me either. But in terms of main cast, I don't dislike anyone. In terms of favorite characters, probably Dan.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby liapireas on Sun May 17, 2009 2:30 am

I really love Blair and Chuck but I don't hate anyone.
liapireas
Extra

Postby theoberry on Fri May 29, 2009 2:53 am

love with all my heart : Blair and Chuck :wub: ... OH ! and Georgina !! I love that psico bitch !!!

like : Dorota, Eric, Jenny ( for now), Cyrus, Harrold, Eleanor (for now)

REEAALLY DEPENDS : Dan, Serena, Nate and all the rest

Sould get kiked off the show : Vanessa ! ( wtf is she still doing on the show ? didin't she already screw with everybodys life's ? GO AWAY VANESSA !JUMP OFF A CLIFF !)
theoberry
Viewer

Postby ivaja on Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Love Jenny, hoping for more screen time for her.
ivaja
Extra

Postby skater09 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Love:Chuck, Blair
Like: Dan, Serena
Not fussed about: Jenny, Eric, Lily, Eleanor
Not liking at the moment:Nate
HATE: Vanessa
skater09
Viewer

Postby fiorire on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:50 pm

I love them all apart from Vanessa who is whiny and bitter. I also wish little J would stop wearing that panda make up and those terrible hot topic clothes.
fiorire
Stunt Double

Postby Mellow on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:10 pm

fiorire wrote:I love them all apart from Vanessa who is whiny and bitter. I also wish little J would stop wearing that panda make up and those terrible hot topic clothes.

yeah omg i can't believe how whiny she was in season 2. O_O Crying about everything
♥Mellowsplints♥
Mellow
Show Expert

Next

Return to Gossip Girl [No Spoilers!]