Want to start watching again....help please

General discussion for 'Smallville'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Want to start watching again....help please

Postby AbsoluteTruth on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:49 pm

I havent watched Smallville in a couple years. I was wondering if Clark can fly yet (i know a very noob question, but its an honest one as well), what ep that is, or if you know a good time to pick up from after season 6 that is heavy on the main story line and Clark getting new powers. Thanks a lot.
AbsoluteTruth
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Want to start watching again....help please

Postby Man_of_Faith on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Just start from where you last watched. You arent missing anything other than General Zod coming back every season.
Thanks To Jamielost For The Sig!
Man_of_Faith
Guest Star

Postby Shark834 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:57 am

Same here! Haven't watched Smallville for a really long time. Got tired watching actually. What happened to Lana & Clark? Hmmm.... I'd take your suggestion, Man_of_Faith, might just start where I left of.
Shark834
Viewer

Postby Joel Leo J on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Lana has gone but Zod is still around.

It has glimpses of being great. But most of the show is very forgettable, and has zero rewatch appeal IMO. I like it at the time though, just bores me silly to rewatch older episodes

It's ridiculous that he can't fly yet also
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby meijiOrO on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:24 am

I suggest that if your into comic mythology then watch Season 6 episode 11 which will be the closest thing to a live action Justice League that you will be getting in a long time.

But if you were getting bored with a stagnate Clark when you stopped watching I suggest starting with Season 8. That's when Clark really starts moving forward by working at the Daily Planet, budding romance with Lois, and Clark starts the initial stages of a hero identity.
meijiOrO
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 pm

meijiOrO wrote:I suggest that if your into comic mythology then watch Season 6 episode 11 which will be the closest thing to a live action Justice League that you will be getting in a long time.

But if you were getting bored with a stagnate Clark when you stopped watching I suggest starting with Season 8. That's when Clark really starts moving forward by working at the Daily Planet, budding romance with Lois, and Clark starts the initial stages of a hero identity.

Agreed the first 8 episodes of season 8 were among the best overall....after that it started going down hill again IMO
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby meijiOrO on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:23 pm

ric wrote:Agreed the first 8 episodes of season 8 were among the best overall....after that it started going down hill again IMO

I think the entire first half all the way up to Legion were great....and then Lana showed up again and then it went down. But they redeemed themselves with season 9 with Clark being full on hero and leaving the house of el symbol everywhere. There were some hit and miss but for the majority of it the season it was awesome with by far one of the best fights and season finales that they've had in a long time. If there was anything that they did the best out of all incarnations it was how they portrayed the 'triangle for two' scenario.
meijiOrO
Show Expert

Postby hendricks2425 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:18 am

If you were a previous Smallville fan and are interested in getting back into it...Then I say go for it. It's the Finale Season...So far the first 3 episodes have been really good and the 200th episode is tomorrow night...It's a can't miss. The show runners really wanna give us a great finale season and I believe they're gonna deliver. If you wanna go back and watch previously missed episodes there were a lot of good episodes in season 7,8, and 9. It will definetly be worth it. But if you don't wanna watch missed episodes you should still tune into Season 10 and support Smallville's Finale Season.
Dr. Fate: I see your fate, Lois Lane. You are the one he will need.
He is the one you will need.

Lois: What?
Dr. Fate: The savior... the one who will lead us all... the sentient power.
hendricks2425
Show Expert

Return to Smallville Discussion [No spoilers!]