[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.11 Discussion

General discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Heroes Ep. 4.11 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:40 pm

"Thanksgiving"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Heroes episode here.

11/23/2009 08:00 PM THANKSGIVING
THANKSGIVING UNITES FAMILIES TOGETHER AND BRINGS NEW REVELATIONS — H.R.G. (Jack Coleman) hosts an untraditional Thanksgiving dinner. Elsewhere, the Petrelli family gets a surprise guest at their table. Meanwhile, Samuel (Robert Knepper) continues to hold Hiro (Masi Oka) hostage, as Lydia (guest star Dawn Olivieri) goes in search for the truth. Greg Grunberg, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Zachary Quinto, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Cristine Rose and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Ashley Crow, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Madeline Zima, Ray Park, Harry Perry, Elisabeth Rohm, Andrew Connolly also guest star.

Source: NBC

- Promotional Photos
- Promo
- 5 Sneak Peeks

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Heroes Ep. 4.11 Discussion

Postby Lord Brad III on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:09 am

Being a spoiler fan, tonight's episode was extremely satisfying. None of it came as a surprise, but it DID make me think Hell yeah, I've been waiting to see this. Joseph's death, Noah's old partner, Samuel's reason for gathering people with Abilities, of Sylar finally comes into his own, Nathan CAN still overcome Sylar; and the huge twist...Peter really is going to try to raise the dead.

So it's obvious one could draw the conclusion that, should Samuel become powerful enough, he will be able to destroy the world. But why? And could this be part of possible future that we saw painted oh sooo many episodes ago?
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby Spleen on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:35 am

Urghhh

Pretty awful episode. Never got the whole yank thanksgiving thing, it like a 2nd xmas or sommin?

What the hell was up with Samuel's accent? I've detected minor fluctuations in it before, but nothing like tonight, it was all over the place. Aside from the accent, the carnival/Hiro storyline was pretty good, and the Petrelli family dinner wasn't bad when Sylar emerged. He's right about Angela taking evil to whole new levels aswell.

Claire's 'i dont fit in anywhere, boo hoo' storyline just dominated yet another episode though, thought she was getting better this season then they go right back to the old tricks that everyone hates. Gah, please kill her off now. :cursing:
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby Nick on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 am

Alright episode, would've been fantastic without the HRG/Claire Thanksgiving dinner though. It was boring and pointless, only serving to further Claire's storyline about finding direction which is getting pretty old and pretty annoying now. I do sort of like HRG's partner though.

And what is with Ali Larter being in like every other episode? She's there, she's not there, she's there, she's not there again. I'd much rather have her in every episode (especially considering how much better she is this year) than whiny Claire and I would have liked to see her again this week after her developments last week with Samuel.

Agreed with Spleen, Samuel's accent is just confusing. Sometimes it flares up, sometimes it doesn't but tonight it was all over the place with tinges of Irish, American, and whatever the hell else was thrown in there. And Robert Knepper is American which makes this all the more confusing...I mean, if it's a non-American actor having the occasional slip up in the American accent, then okay, but it's like Robert Knepper is having a difficult time as an American doing an American accent.

But the carnival storyline is pretty good IMO. I loved everything with it in this episode, and even the smaller characters from it like Lydia and whatshisname are starting to become pretty likable and interesting (Lydia moreso).

Petrelli's Thanksgiving dinner was pretty good for the most part, especially when Sylar came into play.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby SmokeyD on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Wow, how can something so good go so bad? Ok, maybe not 'bad', but not one of their best. While I agree that they are spending way too much time with Claire, I did like the Gretchen re-union though.

But I missed Tracey :wub: , and it seemed like the Lauren (Elizabeth Romm) thing was a little 'too cutesy' (or forced)for my tastes. And, am I the only one who thinks that Lauren has a ulterior motive?

Something felt off in the mojo there... :hmm:

One more thing though, In the beginning I liked Hiro's naïveté, but it has long since grown tired and un-moving. C'mon dude, grow a pair already...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby C.A.B1992 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:03 am

Pretty good episode. I think everboydys in agreement that the Bennet Thanksgiving scenes were kinda pointless but, did enjoy the interactions between Noah and Lauren. Now the Petrelli Thanksgiving scenes were amazing finally giving us the return of Sylar.(
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
next episode will mark the final appearence of Nathan/Adrian Pasdar
.) Loved the flashback of Joseph's death. More and more Samuel is becoming a less sympathetic villain but ,kinda of surprised that Danko even made a deal with Joesph( probably was going betray him after reaching the Carinval) Now on to what the hell happenend to Hiro, the memory healer touched him and he just disapeared? ( by the way what is that guy's power anyway?)
ImageImage

C.A.B1992
Show Expert

Return to Heroes Discussion [No spoilers!]