Flash Forward and V

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Which show will you continue watching?

Flash Forward
7%
Flash Forward
7%
Flash Forward
7%
Flash Forward
7%
V
8%
V
8%
V
8%
V
8%
Both
9%
Both
9%
Both
9%
Both
9%
Neither
2%
Neither
2%
Neither
2%
Neither
2%

Total votes : 352

Flash Forward and V

Postby Leroi22 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:04 pm

So....does anyone hardly remember what has happened since these shows went off the air? How long has it been anyway? I REALLY think this was a horrible decision by ABC, most of the fans that were invested in them just don't care too much anymore. I for one have hardly any interest left in Flash Forward, and I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it. I will try and watch V some more, just because I did find it a bit more compelling then FF.

So what do you all think?
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Flash Forward and V

Postby mom on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:31 pm

I love V! I am however trying to catch up to Flash Forward...but I can't seem to get into it :unsure: Don't think I will follow through. I will watch V faithfully because I think it is well written and things are moving along at a nice pace. :)

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby Leroi22 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:48 pm

mom wrote:I love V! I am however trying to catch up to Flash Forward...but I can't seem to get into it :unsure: Don't think I will follow through. I will watch V faithfully because I think it is well written and things are moving along at a nice pace. :)

I agree completely, V just has way more captivating characters...and the plot is just more fascinating. I wish FF the best, and hopefully when they come back on the air it will head in a better and more creative direction. If it starts picking up then I will consider giving it another shot.
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby mom on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Don't forget it also has Elizabeth Mitchell :wub: I can not wait since it will be on right after Lost I am sure tuesday nights will be lengendary :thumbup:

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby Fivebretz on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 pm

I am completely invested in Flashforward, I love it! If the trailer is anything to go by, the second half of the season is gonna be awesome blossom! The fact that it's coming back with a two-hour special on my birthday is only sweetening the deal too :)
Fivebretz
Emmy Nominee

Postby charliefan4life on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:13 am

I watched the first episode of V but it just didn't do anything for me. Flash-Forward got good and then seemed to drop off but I'm hopeful it will pick up again after the break.

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:08 am

Flash Forward :thumbsup: :wub:

i see V....but I found it poorly done, too .... I had great expectations summary for this new V, but I was very disappointed. :cry:

The first V, was very nice .....
TVSHOWTIME PROFILE
https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/6964315/profile
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/D0bT8qRW/Screenshot-6.jpg[img]

We are the rejected,the humiliated,we are the outcasts.We are the monsters that you created #TheFinal
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby Elize34 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 pm

I just watched FlashForward and just .... wow. Wasn't really a big fan but after last episode, I definitely am.
Love 'V' as well! I will continue watching both.
V has the more interesting storyline but Flashforward has better characters, though that is also because V had like 4 episodes. Can't wait for V to return and for the next episode of FF :D
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby Runciter on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:00 pm

flashforward is infuriatingly stupid, it's an insult to every viewer's intelligence. which is weird, considering that ABC obviously launched it to try to keep the viewers of maybe the most complicated show ever (Lost) at the channel after that show ends.

V is better, but still not strong. kinda mediocre, with predictable clichés.
Runciter
Viewer

Postby UprightBC on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 pm

I agree with Runciter, FlashForward leans heavily toward an LCD show, regardless of it being (loosely) based on a popular, well-crafted book series.

I've seen all of what both shows have to offer thus far and I'm much more impressed with V. It's not without its cliches and cheesy moments, but the acting performances are much more enjoyable to watch, and I like the overall theme of V (global conspiracy involving a diabolical alien race) as opposed to FlashForward (global conspiracy involving consciousness-shifting humans).

I aslo feel as though the overall production quality of V is greater than that of FlashForward.
UprightBC
Viewer

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 pm

I'll keep watching V and see how that develops. Flash Forward was horrible and I'm done with it.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby ssjm1221 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:02 am

My opinion... FlashForward is a great idea.. but so far has been poorly executed.. and regardless of whether it's fair or not.. it was hyped as another "Lost".. the writing and dialogue criticized in the same light as Lost is pretty terrible.. standing on it's own.. it's another standard major network show.. the story is like Lost in that it SHOULD have a tight outline.. and a beginning and end.. just like Lost... really after about 6 episodes it felt like it was stalling in the way Lost managed to avoid until mid Season 3.. pretty much the same thing that makes Heroes pretty bad now.. the first season.. was an amazing season standing on it's own.. but how far can Flashforward go once the big day that everyone saw arrives??? Not far... even the commercials for the new episodes.. with "there's going to be another blackout" will there be one every season???

As for V.. it's much better.. it is what it is.. it's not even trying to replicate the original.. like FlashForward is trying to mimic Lost.. with the ensemble cast and present/flashes story telling
ssjm1221
Viewer

Postby starofsports4 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:05 am

I was pleasantly surprised by the most recent episode of FlashForward. I'd suggest anyone who didn't like it the first time around to check out the episode aired yesterday, which seemed to fix many of the problems of the first part of the season (mainly during the 2nd hour), even if it only is that way for the one week. I didn't like the show much during the first part of the season because, like many other have said, the characters just didn't seem to be thinking very well compared to what the viewer was capable of. However, the characters seemed to take major steps forward yesterday.
starofsports4
Viewer

Postby ssjm1221 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 am

Didn't see the new episode but will have to check it out now..
ssjm1221
Viewer

Postby Locke081 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:43 am

I was liking FF last november, and got worried this week when halfway into the show I realized I'd forgotten a lot of stuff :S

But then I got sucked into the plot fairly well again! I'm definitely watching this.

V, I tried hard to like, but I don't like the main antogonist woman At. All. (even though I like EM's character just fine).
Locke081
Viewer

Next

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]