[Supernatural] Getting Through Hellatus - Episode Contest

Have fun with a selection of television and movie based forum games.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Supernatural] Getting Through Hellatus - Episode Contes

Postby spngirl89 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:53 am

Oh, I've missed a few eps now! I blame it on uni starting:p

Anyways, this one wasn't that hard! I did love Ghostfacers just cause it's so different and funny, but my favorite is The Song Remains the Same. This is my favorite of the back in time eps. It's really emotional and we finally see Anna for who she is. I love that they in this episode kind of gives an explenation for why Mary always told Dean that Angels are watching over him, even though she technically doesn't remember. And the scene when Dean tells Mary he's her son is just heartbreaking!

So the vote was easy, but I did love the Houses of the Holy too, mostly because of the ending :) The conversation the brothers have in the end is kind of interesting when you know what happens in season 4 and 5:)
Dean: "It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's 'cause we're so awesome? I think it's 'cause it's we're so awesome."

Jen: Well, actually, since farmers don't keep roosters, the eggs aren't fertilized, so techically you're just eating a byproduct of the hen's menstrual cycle.
Priestly: Well, that- that's certainly appetizing, a hen-period-salad, that's lovely.
spngirl89
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Dahne on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:25 am

Link to the 15th episode poll:

Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Mia494 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Definitely Death Takes a Holiday, it's one of my favourite season 4 episodes and overall as well. In general I liked the breaking-a-seal episodes, I also loved the comebacks of Tessa, Pamela and Alastair, who was one of the darkest demons in the show IMO. And then for once, Sam and Dean were the ghosts, insead of hunting them. I just loved the idea of walking around without their bodies. It was such an insane idea, but Pamela still went for it, because it was about saving a seal. The spell she did was so cool (vis, vis, vis) and her death was heartbreaking. The thing that solving the mystery might make people die was one of those famous SPN tough choices and I loved the Sam-Dean talk in the graveyard. I loved the idea of killing death (the reapers). I mean, all in all, I loved everything about this episode, also Cas showing up in the end, capturing Alastair and telling Dean he was different. So many cool characters in one episode - Sam, Dean, Pamela, Tessa, Cas and Alastair - had to make me go for this epi :thumbup:
Mia494
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 am

For me it is between Death Takes a Holiday and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. I liked the plot of both. For me it is the difference between Alastair and Tessa and Bobby and Bobby's wife. I haven't decided yet because both of them are on my favorite episodes list right now.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:32 am

Link fro 16th episode:

Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Mia494 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:56 am

Again no contest, it's On the Head of a Pin. It's somewhere on the top of my favourite SPN episodes ever list. Pure awesomeness, from beginning to end. That's when my heart broke for Dean completely. I mean, what he did in hell was surprising, sad and tragic enough, but finding out it was the first seal and it all started with his moment of weakness, brought in emotions beyond words. The dark side of Dean we saw when torturing Alastair, the way Alastair managed to torture him back, seing Sam drink demon blood for the very first time, seing Cas doubt and explore his emotions, the way Sam killed Alastair, the vulnerability of Dean, the little sad moment between Cas and Dean in the end, all that makes this episode epic. I could watch it over and over again and it never gets old.
Mia494
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:46 pm

It's a bit harder for me between On the Head of a Pin and Dark Side of the Moon. For former is a bit too dramatic for me and I hated the way they portrayed God in the later. I like how the mythology tied all together in the former, but the scene where Dean tosses his amulet is iconic character development to me. In the end I went with On the Head of a Pin, but it was close.
Last edited by Dahne on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:12 am

Here's the link for 17th episodes:

Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:02 am

Link for 18th Episode:

Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Mia494 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 pm

damn, I lost the 17th episode poll... I would have voted for 99 problems as it was one of the best episodes of season 5 and drunk Cas was beyond adorable :wub: It was terribly sad too, though.

as for the 18th poll, it's freaking hard... I loved Something Wicked with all the flashbacks, we got to know more about Sam and Dean's childhood (Dean's in particular) and it was so sad to see Dean blame himself for the shtriga still being out there, remembering letting his father down as a kid and more importantly putting little Sam in danger. Seing that kid facing a monster with cold blood and a gun in his hand, hearing John yelling at him and the fact Dean remebered it for all these years was heartbreaking ("he looked at me different, whoch was worse", seriously, poor Dean, trying to meet his father's expectations from his early years on). That episode went deep into the Winchester family issues, from Dean being the protective big brother to all his issues with John. And plus, the shtriga thing was really scary too.

I also liked Holywood Babylon, cause it was different and it was a cool reference to all the legends of cursed movie sets etc, I don't think it's worth winning this poll, though. I really enjyed The Monster at the End of This Book - it was funny, but mysteious at first, when we didn't know who Chuck was or what the books were, then it became more dramatic with the possibility of a Sam-Lilith demonic passion or whatever. I liked Chuck very much. I loved the way Castiel helped without helping. I loved the little shadow of doubt that episode has woken in me, when it turned out Lilith was gonna die anyway and that she wanted to stop breaking the seals. from that moment I started to feel that killing her might not be the best idea in the world.

And then I loved Point of No Return. It was sad and depressing, it was all about lost hope and losing strengh to keep fighting. I loved Sam being the believer, not letting Dean do what he wanted to do. In a strange, twisted way I loved Dean wanting to say yes to Michael. I loved Castiel losing it and beating the doubts out of Dean. I loved him ripping his shirt and sacrificing himself. I loved Dean killing Zachariah. The only thing I didn't like was Adam, but i could live with him. So yeah, that was a worthy 100th episode for sure.

So in the end, I think it's between Something Wicked and Point of No Return. I think I'll have to sleep with it to make a choice... :P
Mia494
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Link for 19th episode poll. Sorry for taking so long these last 2 weeks. Work and TV have been busy. Only 4 more polls to go.

As for my vote, it goes with Sarah from Provenance, one of the best PiP's on the show. I also loved Sam in this episode. Plus, Hammer of the Gods, which would be my second choice, killed my favorite angel. Gabriel was the Crowley of angels to me. Still miss him. (The other reason was the lame plot of the episode.)
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Link for the 21st episode:

Second to last vote here.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 am

Here is the link for the season finale poll:

Thanks for playing along on this poll. I hope it made you think of some of your favorite episodes. It sure brought back memories for me. Happy voting and I hope you are enjoying this season as it progresses.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Mia494 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Are you gonna give us some results?

Thanks for creating this game, it was fun for me and surely made me remind myself of some episodes I may have forgotten. And of course it showed me once again, how many awesome episodes this show has had :thumbsup:
Mia494
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:16 am

Sorry it took so long. I had the flu. Results are now posted on the first comment on page one. Thanks for playing!
Dahne
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Movie Games