Who Would You Like Play This Character in This Upcoming Role

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Who Would You Like Play This Character in This Upcoming Role?

Terry O'Quinn
No votes
Terry O'Quinn
No votes
Terry O'Quinn
No votes
Terry O'Quinn
No votes
Michael Emerson
2%
Michael Emerson
2%
Michael Emerson
2%
Michael Emerson
2%
Robert Knepper
2%
Robert Knepper
2%
Robert Knepper
2%
Robert Knepper
2%
William Dafoe
No votes
William Dafoe
No votes
William Dafoe
No votes
William Dafoe
No votes
John Voight
2%
John Voight
2%
John Voight
2%
John Voight
2%
Gary Oldman
No votes
Gary Oldman
No votes
Gary Oldman
No votes
Gary Oldman
No votes
John Malkovich
3%
John Malkovich
3%
John Malkovich
3%
John Malkovich
3%
Ron Rifkin
No votes
Ron Rifkin
No votes
Ron Rifkin
No votes
Ron Rifkin
No votes
Mark Pellegrino
7%
Mark Pellegrino
7%
Mark Pellegrino
7%
Mark Pellegrino
7%
Kevin Durand
2%
Kevin Durand
2%
Kevin Durand
2%
Kevin Durand
2%
Alan Rickman
No votes
Alan Rickman
No votes
Alan Rickman
No votes
Alan Rickman
No votes
Titus Welliver
3%
Titus Welliver
3%
Titus Welliver
3%
Titus Welliver
3%
Nestor Carbonell
No votes
Nestor Carbonell
No votes
Nestor Carbonell
No votes
Nestor Carbonell
No votes
Dean Stockwell
2%
Dean Stockwell
2%
Dean Stockwell
2%
Dean Stockwell
2%
Eric Bana
No votes
Eric Bana
No votes
Eric Bana
No votes
Eric Bana
No votes
Doug Hutchison
No votes
Doug Hutchison
No votes
Doug Hutchison
No votes
Doug Hutchison
No votes
Alan Dale
2%
Alan Dale
2%
Alan Dale
2%
Alan Dale
2%
Other
2%
Other
2%
Other
2%
Other
2%

Total votes : 60

Who Would You Like Play This Character in This Upcoming Role

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:03 am

From TV LINE:
As if you needed another reason to follow Fringe to its new Friday time slot, sources confirm to me exclusively that later this season, producers are planning to introduce a new Big Bad — perhaps the largest, worst Big Bad of them all: Olivia’s abusive (and never-before-seen) stepfather.

As you know, a 9-year-old Olivia — tired of watching her stepdad mercilessly beat her mother — shot and nearly killed the evil-doer. He eventually disappeared to parts unknown but has continued to send her cryptic messages every year on her birthday. What brings him back into the fold? And better yet, who should play the MIA monster? Let’s leave the first Q to the producers and the second one to Mr. Armchair Casting Director!

TV LINE gives a nice list! So I have decided to make a poll with theirs and some of my own included! But feel free to use the OTHER ::cough: option if non of these meets your standards, or if you just thought of some more intriguing prospects!

It's a tough call, but I think I am going with Pellegrino---But really I would love to see any Bad Robot Alumni! :thumbup:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Who Would You Like Play This Character in This Upcoming

Postby Two Sides on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 am

I voted Pellegrino! Mainly because i don't know half of them :P But out of the one's i do know, he'd be pretty awesome! I mean, we've seen his as an abusive husband in Dexter which he was awesome at! But they are different types of shows, and the families involved are very different... But he is an incredible actor and I'd LOVE to see him play the part!

Also that would make it Lost, Dexter, Chuck, Prison Break and Fringe... :thumbsup: Love it.

--- Merged Double Post --

Actually, i do know more of those actor than i originally thought... but the choice solidly remains the same :D
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby real1 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 am

John Voight would be fantastic

:cool:
real1
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:44 am

YAY! Thanks for Voting Two Sides!

I just thought of 2 more I should have added to the list :scared:

Kenneth Branagh and Robert De Niro! -Both starred in the 1994-Branagh directed, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Kenneth was Victor Frankenstein and Robert was his creation!) It just would have been a neat tie back!

It seems like they are doing a flashback for sure according to other spoilers, so they could cast a younger actor, unless they want someone to re occur at different ages...Josh Holloway would be kind of neat too! But Nestor Carbonell would be fun too just because I would love to see the guy be evil :lol:

And, Real1, John Vioght would be scary! In fact maybe too scary for me :P

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Gary Troup on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 pm

I went for Titus Welliver. The guy is so underrated and versatile. :thumbup:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Devil's Arcade on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Robert Knepper!!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Darth - Nestor Carbonell would be interesting. I couldn't see him playing this sort of character, but then I never expected him to be able to pull off a performance such as he did in Lost with Ab Aeterno! It would be something I'd like to see for sure.

DA, Knepper is would certainly be in his element! Great villain! Loved hating him in Prison Break!

Unsure about Welliver, he'd be awesome at the part I reckon, just can't see him there for some reason :hmm:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Two Sides wrote:Darth - Nestor Carbonell would be interesting. I couldn't see him playing this sort of character, but then I never expected him to be able to pull off a performance such as he did in Lost with Ab Aeterno! It would be something I'd like to see for sure.

DA, Knepper is would certainly be in his element! Great villain! Loved hating him in Prison Break!

Unsure about Welliver, he'd be awesome at the part I reckon, just can't see him there for some reason :hmm:

I kind of think that maybe we have a good chance with Pellegrino...I watched a recant interview with him on location for a new show he is in. He is filming in Vancouver! ::fingers crossed::

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Finli Otego on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Dean Stockwell.

Everyone else has been seen too much on other popular shows, is too famous which would distract from the character, or is simply not old enough.

Stockwell would be perfect. :thumbup:

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Finli Otego wrote:Dean Stockwell.

Everyone else has been seen too much on other popular shows, is too famous which would distract from the character, or is simply not old enough.

Stockwell would be perfect. :thumbup:

I had to put him on there because to this day " The Cavils" scare the heck out me! And, as Cavil, he just has this way of being able to paradigm philosophical points back onto themselves.

The actor is so under rated. So it would be cool to see him too! it would be a good PLAN :P

I know we should see an FB where the step father is concerned, but it also seems likely that he will show in the present too...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:22 pm

I voted for my first choice from what I said in the spoilers thread and that was Durand. I think he would be in the right age group to play 9 year old Olivia's dad and like I said earlier, he has that sort of military type persona to play someone who was a strict, military dad from Jacksonville, FL. Besides, he was just plain creepy on Lost and that is the way I pictured this guy after he sent Olivia that birthday card! :scared:

IMO, some of these actors are too old to play her dad when she was 9 years old. Pellegrino would be good too but I am thinking of someone who has that sort of crazy-eyed, gun toting, militaristic mind set. :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 am

JacobsMom wrote:I voted for my first choice from what I said in the spoilers thread and that was Durand. I think he would be in the right age group to play 9 year old Olivia's dad and like I said earlier, he has that sort of military type persona to play someone who was a strict, military dad from Jacksonville, FL. Besides, he was just plain creepy on Lost and that is the way I pictured this guy after he sent Olivia that birthday card! :scared:

IMO, some of these actors are too old to play her dad when she was 9 years old. Pellegrino would be good too but I am thinking of someone who has that sort of crazy-eyed, gun toting, militaristic mind set. :lol:

I put Mr. Keamy-hot-head on the list, because you made me realize he would be another good choice!

I have no idea what to expect, because her step-dad may not have been the military type, since she lived with her biological father on the military base when she was 3, and then by the time she was 9 she had a step father! :hmm:

I think some of them could be a bit old too, but make-up jobs can do a lot, plus they are just good actors...or they could just show the FB blury with the actors voice over...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
JacobsMom wrote:I voted for my first choice from what I said in the spoilers thread and that was Durand. I think he would be in the right age group to play 9 year old Olivia's dad and like I said earlier, he has that sort of military type persona to play someone who was a strict, military dad from Jacksonville, FL. Besides, he was just plain creepy on Lost and that is the way I pictured this guy after he sent Olivia that birthday card! :scared:

I put Mr. Keamy-hot-head on the list, because you made me realize he would be another good choice!

I have no idea what to expect, because her step-dad may not have been the military type, since she lived with her biological father on the military base when she was 3, and then by the time she was 9 she had a step father! :hmm:

I think some of them could be a bit old too, but make-up jobs can do a lot, plus they are just good actors...or they could just show the FB blury with the actors voice over...

Thanks for adding him in Darth! :D I guess I was confused about who was in the military but it does makes sense that her real father was in the military and they lived on the base when she was three. I wonder if TPTB will reveal what happened to him before her mother remarried? I'd still like to see Durand though because he would be a super scary guy to play this character!
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby anoirtac on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm going to go for John Malkovich.
He has that whole 'I could be a psycho on the inside' look going on. He's of the right age group. He has that charm that you could imagine a woman of a certain age finding attractive (Olivia's mother). IMO he has the whole package :w00t:
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
anoirtac
Extra

Postby supermodel on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 pm

It depends if we're going to see him in a flashback or not.

If we see him in the present day, I would love to see Michael Ironside chew up some scenery. He's 60, the perfect age to have a 30-something daughter. Or perhaps Lance Henriksen, although he is older I think he would be great.
supermodel
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Spoilers