[Official] V Episode 2.05 Discussion

General Discussion for 'V'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] V Episode 2.05 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Concordia

9pm

Discuss This Episode Here

V - "Concordia" -- Anna uses her newest gift to mankind, "Concordia," as a cover to hide an invading fleet of breeding vessels that will be used to ensure the perpetuation of Visitors for future generations. Meanwhile, Eli Cohn (guest star Oded Fehr) tries to convince Erica and the Fifth Column that the "Concordia" gala is the perfect time to assassinate Anna, on "V," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on ABC. (ABC/SERGEI BACHLAKOV) MORENA BACCARIN

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/01/v-epis ... z1DGxIEw2e
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] V Episode 2.05 Discussion

Postby DHARMAham on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Really pleased that this episode seemed to fix/ add a few things that was making the show suffer. I highlight the fact that Hobbes is onto Ryan, which can surely mean Ryan's death is a certainty, either by the hands of Hobbes or Anna. Secondly - THANK GOD THEY HAVE MADE TYLER STOP WORKING WITH THE Vs!!! Maybe now his character will take more of a back seat. And does anyone think Tyler's dad is a V?
DHARMAham
Extra

Postby b3rt4 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:17 pm

DHARMAham wrote:THANK GOD THEY HAVE MADE TYLER STOP WORKING WITH THE Vs!!!

I doubt he's really stopping.

DHARMAham wrote:And does anyone think Tyler's dad is a V?

Hm I don't think so.

Good episode, I hope Marcus dies, although I always liked him.
Great turn of events that Ryan is the enemy now, loved Hobbes look at the end. :thumbup:

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby dutchie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:06 pm

They should skin Ryan, I really dont like his story.
Tyler, did he actually grow a few braincells?
Ana and her quest for the soul...its getting tiresome. Her dialoge is also getting lamer, which is too bad, because she was always one of my favourites.
The new journalist, great way for Chad to get an anti V opinion on the telly without him being the one to voice it.
I dont want Marcus to die, but for story purposes it would be good.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby beresford on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Best episode of the entire series in my opinion. Loved everything about it and I am just really sorry that V will probably get cancelled :(
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby HannaK on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:54 pm

I really enjoyed this episode, really suspenseful. Now they only need to give Tyler less screentime and I am happy.
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby w4vy on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:27 pm

I hope V does get cancelled tbh. It hasn't lived up to the hype imho and I'm still gutted for Flashforward. Anyway back to V -It looks absolutelly awfull, it's the same every week

"pretend we don't know each other ok father cos we're about to be questioned, (again)" "ok Erica"
(Gets questioned, looks to erica for help on what to say) UGG

"only my bliss can heal her pain ryan" "ok I'll do what you want now heal her" UGG

"this is the time to strike! we may not get another chance" says Hobbes UGG

I LOVE the V's (tyler)

How lame this show has become and to think season 1 was brilliant it is really sad. Oh well , what is it now 5 episodes to go till it's cancelled ?

Lame Sauce

did anyone watch the season finale of human Target last night ? there's another show that had a MINT first season and then partially ruined in season 2 I wonder if there will be a season 3 ? UGG if so bring back the original writers please.
w4vy
Viewer

Postby cheggie on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I love the episode. I think there's something odd about Tyler's dad, but I don't think he's a V. Maybe is just his attitude, the fact that he takes the news about Tyler so well, I don't know, I'm beginning to think that maybe he already knew.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby amulyaa on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm

V is one of my favorite SCi fi television flicka and its really gaining popularity these days . Morena Baccarin and Lourdes Benedicto performance is just great and i love to watch this.
amulyaa
Viewer

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:13 am

I want to like this show, but the dialogue is starting to get more and more irritating. This is another show that started off with a great premise and good actors, but just isn't all that good. Also, the pacing seems a bit off as there isn't much that really happens on this show - everything drags out for much of the season, with most of the sub-plots not meaning much. This show is getting worse and worse as the weeks go on and I think I'm very nearly done with it.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby dutchie on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 am

Ricardus Alpert wrote:I want to like this show, but the dialogue is starting to get more and more irritating.

I agree with you somewhat, the Anna dialogue is getting lamer by the episode. She doesnt have to explain all her evil plans to the audience every second. We get, they want to destroy us and create uber alien human hybrids.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby b3rt4 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:39 am

You're right. Now that you say it she isn't half as scary as she was in s1 anymore. :hmm:
Hopefully the showdown with her mother will be good.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby beresford on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:25 am

Ricardus Alpert wrote:I want to like this show, but the dialogue is starting to get more and more irritating. This is another show that started off with a great premise and good actors, but just isn't all that good. Also, the pacing seems a bit off as there isn't much that really happens on this show - everything drags out for much of the season, with most of the sub-plots not meaning much. This show is getting worse and worse as the weeks go on and I think I'm very nearly done with it.

I would agree with this about the first episodes of the season, but I don't agree about Concordia and Siege. I think these two episodes are probably V's best episodes. They picked up the pace - a lot of betrayals, deaths, relationship developments, change of attitudes in characters, so it can hardly be said that nothing happened and that they are dragging. Don't misunderstand me, you totally have the right to your opinion and as I've said, around episodes 2 and 3 I was also feeling pretty frustrated with the show myself. However, I really think they managed to pick it up these last two episodes. I guess we have to agree on disagreeing :PP

As for the Anna thing, I agree on that. She turned into a much weaker character this season, but I don't mind so much, I prefer that the badass part goes to Erica :PP But yeah, she is aways explaining how evil her plans are, without actually revealing anything. I agree with that!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:06 am

I wouldn't totally disagree with you on that point beresford - I have been gone from this forum for a very long time, so this was almost my reaction to the show as a whole as much as just the past episode. While I enjoyed this episode more than others, I just feel like all the faults that I find in the show were still there - though not as much.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby beresford on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Yeah fair enough. I have been pretty absent from the forum myself as well (months without posting or coming here), so I get where you're coming from saying that your thoughts weren't specifically aimed at this episode. I don't know, I just feel that the show has finally found itself, and I find myself eagerly waiting for tonight's episode, but I understand if you are not able to like it anymore. For me, the soul thing really bothers me and it looks like it will be a major focus,so I don't know how I will be feeling about that as well...

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Return to V Discussion [No Spoilers]