Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 am

JacobsMom wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:
JacobsMom wrote:
supermodel wrote:From Airlock Alpha:
Producers at J.J. Abrams' bizarre science series are busy casting a new character for the series ... one that will be a recurring role in the fourth season if Fox decide to back the series for another year. E! Online is reporting that the character will be for a new and inexperienced FBI agent named Emily who enter the agency in the final episode of the season.

After seeing this last episode, I would much rather have FBI Agent Lincoln Lee become a part of the Fringe team instead. I still wonder what tptb will do about William Bell's new host for his soul? I can't image that someone could keep up that role for very long and not sure if it would work having him around all the time. :S

I was almost wondering if Peter was his intention. He offered him TEA at the end of the episode. Although this episode was comedic, on a closer examination, it's down right sinister. William Bell is once again puppeteering for a fate he desires/believes in, which includes being able to gain future knowledge of his death, suggesting that Bell knows of 'some' future and is using it to his advantage.

I agree Darth. I do think that Bell is up to something and I still wonder what the relationship between Walternate and Bell was really like in the other universe. It's too bad that we can't have the real Leonard Nimoy as a guest character but I suppose TPTB have now given themselves a way of keeping Bell "alive" somehow. I'm not sure if TPTB would go so far as to having Peter take on the soul of Bell next, but I'm sure this will add to the urgency of trying to find a permanent body for him if that is even possible. I actually thought of the shape shifters during that first scene of the episode and wondered why one of them wouldn't be an ideal candidate?

Actually I rewatched the finale scene and I take it differently than I did the first go around. The first time I watched it, I thought Olivia was fighting Bell off, but then I thought about our conversation, and about my theory that Peter may have another person already with in himself...I think that Bell did plan on jumping to Peter, but couldn't because the space is already occupied...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ask Matt:
Question: Just wanted to give two big thumbs up to Anna Torv's "channeling" of Leonard Nimoy (as William Bell) in Friday's episode of Fringe. I could have watched her do that for two hours instead of just one. From the graveled hoarseness in her voice to the arching of her eyebrow, she had Leonard down pat. I have no idea if Leonard Nimoy would have watched this impersonation of him, but I hope if he did, he appreciated it as much as the rest of the Fringe fans. This reminded me of what David Duchovny did on The X-Files in the "Small Potatoes" episode where he had to behave like the little shape-shifting guy Eddie Van Blundht trying to masquerade as Mulder. Granted a little more complex role, but nonetheless the same kind of quirkiness that made The X-Files such a treat to watch, and Fringe can do the same (as does Supernatural). Of course Anna Torv does a great job throughout the series being her alternate Olivia, but this was a step above. Keep up the good work, Anna. — JG

Matt Roush: Wasn't she great? I especially got a kick out of the more playful moments: Bell-Livia remarking on how binding a bra was, or creeping Astrid out with her/his flirting. And the final moment, when the church bells brought the dormant Olivia back to the surface for a fleeting panicked moment, was just chilling. In the first season of Fringe, I found Anna Torv's performance the show's greatest liability. This season, with her pulling double duty as Alt-livia in the parallel world and now this inspired twist, she's among its greatest assets. Nicely played indeed. And comparisons to The X-Files are very apt these days. Fringe is that good.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/ask-ma ... z1HFvLCuwj

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby supermodel on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm

I don't watch promo videos, so this (from tvline.com) was big news to me:
Anna Torv told me that pregnant Bolivia will be “showing” when we catch up with the Other Side in this episode. Based on the promos, “showing” doesn’t seem to quite cover it!

Also, Digital Spy has a Q&A with John Noble. As you read it, keep in mind he did this interview for the audience in the UK, where S3 has just premiered. So while he talks a lot about acting and Walter in general, he doesn't reveal anything that would spoil them.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 pm

supermodel wrote:I don't watch promo videos, so this (from tvline.com) was big news to me:
Anna Torv told me that pregnant Bolivia will be “showing” when we catch up with the Other Side in this episode. Based on the promos, “showing” doesn’t seem to quite cover it!

Also, Digital Spy has a Q&A with John Noble. As you read it, keep in mind he did this interview for the audience in the UK, where S3 has just premiered. So while he talks a lot about acting and Walter in general, he doesn't reveal anything that would spoil them.

Speaking of new promos, we have one! -And going back to what you said, supermodel, I think everyone should keep "The Same Old Story" in mind, or rewatch it before Friday's episode.

3x18 "Bloodline" New Promo and pics:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-episode-318-bloodline-new-promo.html
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-episode-318-bloodline_22.html

Fox Schedule Fringe Episodes (and the Astrid saves the day episode, 3x19 is titled: Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD)

Just saw this on FringeTelevision via Twitter, based on the article then the remaining Fringe Episode Air-Dates Are:
3.18 Bloodline - 25th March
3.19 Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - 15th April
3.20 - 22nd April
3.21 - 29th April
3.22 - 6th May

We just got word from FOX on the schedule for the remaining season 3 episodes of Fringe.

First the bad news: After this week's 'over-there' episode "Bloodline", there will be a two-week break. (SpoilerTV Correction: This is actually a three-week break!!)

Hmmm. Seems like it would have made more sense to show reruns when you were up against the NCAA playoffs.

It also means we don't get an episode on April 1st. :(

The good news is, once Fringe returns on April 15, we will run the last four episodes of the season straight through to the season finale on May 6th.
Source: FringeTelevision

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1HN6vTo00

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:54 pm

New Joshua Jackson BTS Set Photo:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-new-bts-set-photo-joshua-jackson.html

New FBI Agent Cast!!!!!
The Fox thriller has tapped actress Emily Meade — best known for her memorable (albeit brief) stint as Michael Pitt’s prostitute-girlfriend on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire — to play a new FBI agent.

Source: TV Line

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1HS27kOpl

John Noble Interview:

But it’s such a grand experiment to do. We’ve introduced the fact that there’s this major conflict that exists between these two places, between these two sets of characters that has to be resolved, and it’s been said that only one can survive so the stakes are enormous.

“Towards the end of the season that builds and builds. I haven’t seen the final script yet but it will be sensational, I know that from the little leaks I’ve heard about how this season will resolve. We’ve had some most unusual things happening. There will be some form of resolution to that conflict by the end of season three.”

SFX: Will we see Walternate’s machine in action before the end of the season?
“Yes you will.”

SFX: Will Walter be returning to the alternate universe before the end of the series, or will the alternate universe Fringe division be coming to our side?

“There will be communication… From the scripts that I’ve seen – I’ve still got two to see – there has been no crossover per se. But there is communication. There could be a jump later but there’s nothing I’ve seen at this point of a tangible, physical body going from one to the other.”

SFX: Leonard Nimoy has said he’ll be returning to Fringe in the future. Do you know if you’re going to be sharing any more scenes with William Bell this year?

“I’m going to keep you in the dark there. I know that Leonard said that and he doesn’t tell lies. His return is in the most unusual way you can think of. Very, very unusual. I’m just so dying to tell you but I can’t. You find out at the end of episode 18 and then 19 when we really see that in full. It’s extraordinary; it’s the most amazing television you’ve ever seen.”

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-new-john-noble-interview.html

I picked out the more spoilery parts, but there is a little more on page one of the interview...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:25 am

3x20 Title:

Latest EW Scoop!
FRINGE: EPS TEASE TRIPPIEST EPISODE SINCE ‘BROWN BETTY’
Full disclosure: I was originally going to preview tonight’s episode of Fringe for you, but honestly, I’m in such a pleasant mood over the renewal that I say we move on to bigger matters, like episode 19, airing April 15.
Before the big news, Jeff Pinkner and Joel H. Wyman hopped on the phone with me to tease an episode I’ve been dying to know more about ever since I heard a rumor that it would be Astrid-centered, which, it turns out, isn’t entirely the case. Oh, I’ll just let them explain.
JP: It’s kind of nutty and adventurous and really fun and emotional and character driven storytelling but…
JW: Just in a way you wouldn’t expect.
EW: Well John Nobel said at a convention, I think, that the core three are incapacitated in some way…
JP: [laughs] He’s a very clever man. They are incapacitated in some way. And yet we still follow their story.
EW: That’s a mean tease.
JP: It’s a very trippy episode.
EW: That’s a fair thing to say about most Fringe episodes.
JP: This one, more than some others.
JW: You know how “Brown Betty” was sort of a departure? It’s kind of like that.
EW: Whoa.
JP: Minus the singing.
JW: No singing, no.
Bonus scoop for those of you dying to know more about tonight’s episode: There’s not much I can tell you other than this quote from executive producer Jeff Pinkner. “It will take place back with Bolivia and some very monumental life experiences occur.” Cool? Cool.

3x18 "Bloodline" 3 Sneak Peeks!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-episode-318-bloodline-3-sneak.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:27 am

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:05 pm

3x19 “Lysergic Acid Diethylamide” Official Press Release:
MIND-BENDING LAB EXPERIMENTATION ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, APRIL 15, ON FOX

The team makes a desperate attempt to remove William Bell’s consciousness from Olivia’s body before she’s lost forever in the all-new “Lysergic Acid Diethylamide” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, April 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-319) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1Hvzcmgs6

Latest From EW:
What can you tell me about the new agent coming to Fringe? I heard she’s going to be played by Emily Meade from Boardwalk. — Ryan

*******I am putting the following in spoiler tags because it mildly relates to the Finale and possibly next season. Some of you may consider this something you don't want to know about. IMO the spoiler is vague and not very detailed...

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Right you are. The agent is scheduled to make her debut in the season finale, and executive producer Joel H. Wyman tells me her character will have a deeper meaning than a simple rookie agent. “We try and expand our storytelling week to week to a way that we are able to tell, I guess, deeper stories about our main characters. So many of the guest stars that come on are there to do one main thing and that’s to reflect back on our main characters and to learn more about them and sort of uncover more aspects of their personality and deepen them for the viewer. That character will definitely be there to do that,” Wyman tells EW. As for rumors that the new agent will be recurring, the EP says that’s more of a safety net. “We always protect ourselves by saying that because you never know. When we used Seth Gable, for instance, he turned out to be so great. And it’s just those little discoveries that you’re like ‘Wow, you never know.’ We always like to just know that we’re covered, should it go great.”

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Producers Talk First People:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-producers-talk-first-people.html

Something I recently wrote in my theory "Somewhere Over The Rainbow Thread"

The creation of the universes...
There was once a PURPLE Universe. They existed only for so long in some undisclosed (future) date, and then their [advanced] technology allowed them to do the unthinkable, transport a group of people 'back' in time, creating an alternate BLUE universe. [b]One of the glyph art pics is that of an apple that has a mirrored image of two fetus in the cores. In evolution when dealing with cells, the cells procreate by splitting apart and making a cloned duplicate. This process is called mitosis[/b]. When we think about creating life we come to realize that we can pass our traits (DNA) onto our children, and they then may have both physical and emotional traits of anyone in the either parents' close family, thus there are repeated patterns. IMO when the purple universe went back and created an alternate reality, they couldn't completely wipe out their universes previous history, so some of it started to repeat. The because the new reality was made from a previous, their was always potential to be able to find a way back to itself...The blue universe is able to open that door and interact with older history of the purple universe, thus making it another alternate, a red universe. Going back to the [red] apple, apple is the modern symbol relating to Genesis-->"The Garden of Eden". The Garden of Eden is depicted as such because it is a place that is said to exist at the beginning of humanity, were human's innocence is lost as knowledge is gained (fire-innovation) from picking the forbidden fruit.

Thank you Pinkner! :D

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby real1 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:08 pm

:hmm:

I will follow your step Darth :

If the first people did create the machine , then why to bother themselves by creating 2 machines ? one for the red and one for the blue ? .... other note ... on the other site Roco did a topic about the machines and how the machine in the red looks like older than the one in the blue , that's gave me an idea that the red universe is the one which supposed to be survived but with the probability of Walter action .. they did create another one for the blue universe ? .. and thinking more about that I found that Walternat did send Fauxlivia to steal a piece from the blue's machine which is the power of it ... which mean the machine in the blue can be activate with out Peter and Walternat knows that so for now no one can activate the machine in the blue only if Peter will do it , on the other hand the machine in the red can't be activate without Peter . if the first people was knowing that the blue Peter will die so they modernize the machine to work without Peter and if the red Peter some how can be at the blue the machine will respond to him without this piece .. why to bother to do all these trouble ?

:cool:
Last edited by real1 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
real1
Stunt Double

Postby supermodel on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:21 pm

At the end of the video Pinkner and Wyman are answering a question about creating a third universe by combining the two we know. That is something I can get behind more than a multiverse that trequires me to keep track of action in 3 or more universes. Bringing it back down to one maskes more sense to me from a storytellihng point of view.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 pm

supermodel wrote:At the end of the video Pinkner and Wyman are answering a question about creating a third universe by combining the two we know. That is something I can get behind more than a multiverse that trequires me to keep track of action in 3 or more universes. Bringing it back down to one maskes more sense to me from a storytellihng point of view.

Well I think it would be easy as long as they color code the titles, but like I was saying else where they could do a third universe a different way...they could 'flash us through one', they could have a previous universes "souls" memories be 'revived' and/or converged, or the third universe people could be walking amongst 'us' already. Although I would like some preservation of a third universe, it could be a third universes once existed, but no more.

--- Merged Double Post --

real1 wrote::hmm:

I will follow your step Darth :

If the first people did create the machine , then why to bother themselves by creating 2 machines ? one for the red and one for the blue ? .... other note ... on the other site Roco did a topic about the machines and how the machine in the red looks like older than the one in the blue , that's gave me an idea that the red universe is the one which supposed to be survived but with the probability of Walter action .. they did create another one for the blue universe ? .. and thinking more about that I found that Walternat did send Fauxlivia to steal a piece from the blue's machine which is the power of it ... which mean the machine in the blue can be activate with out Peter and Walternat knows that so for now no one can activate the machine in the blue only if Peter will do it , on the other hand the machine in the red can't be activate without Peter . if the first people was knowing that the blue Peter will die so they modernize the machine to work without Peter and if the red Peter some how can be at the blue the machine will respond to him without this piece .. why to bother to do all these trouble ?

The First People didn't create two machines... William Bell helped Walternate design a "duplicate".-The machine parts are new. The first people's machine parts were found buried in the blue universe...all, but for one part red Olivia had stolen, has been re built, but in the red universe Walternate also has another machine, but the difference is that his has ONE original part.

It's possible that Peter's son can also use the machine...In fact I heard a great theory yesterday...That Peter cloned himself (Mitosis of Peter---Red Olivia is just a carrier--she was just a sedan chair :lol: )...and that Walternate may try again to accellerate his growth...

If anything the blue machine might malfunction depending if the part was replaced, or if it was the most vital part.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby real1 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:36 pm

But Walternat had the picture of Peter with the machine , and it's different than what the blue had , Walternat problem was with the power supply , and he did give Peter part of it in s2ep22 , so Walternat came to the fact that Peter is the only one who can power the machine .

the machine in the blue can power itself by the piece which red Olivia had stolen , now this piece is in the hand of Walternat and encore they need Peter to power the machine , just as how AltBrandon did say to Walternat : Peter is uniquely the only person who can power the machine . Which mean this piece can only help the blue in case Peter is not there . :hmm: .... for me it's hard to believe that the machine in the red isn't from the first people too , yes i recall that Nina said about the machine : it's William technology but we didn't build it , if William did build this machine that will put him with the first people .. and we will ask a question why would William help to build another machine ?

and most of all .. How Walternat is knowing about all what may happen .. the blue are knowing because the Observer did tell Walter about Peter and encore he did give Olivia the picture of the machine , then WHO'S telling and feeding Walternat about every thing ?

real1
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Latest From EW:
I have a Fringe question that’s been bothering me for quite a bit. Will we ever find out why Olivia and Peter don’t remember meeting each other? — Gloria
Not this season, says executive producers Jeff Pinkner and J.H. Wyman. And possibly not ever. Pinker says, “I think that one of the things that we have been keeping in mind, and the viewer should keep in mind: both Joel and I – and I’m sure you’re the same way — had really close friends when we were 8 that we can hardly picture in our mind right now. And this was just a chance meeting. Olivia [also] didn’t remember meeting Walter, who played a much more significant role in her life. She didn’t remember meeting him throughout the first whole season until she was reminded.” Adds Wyman, “There’s also something to be said that when traumatic experiences, you know, you could bury that stuff. So you bury some of the good stuff along with the bad stuff because some of those good things are triggers for the bad things.”

What’s interesting, says Pinkner, is that earlier in the series, neither fans nor the creative team really noticed that even after years as Walter’s test subject, Olivia should have remembered Walter. “And yet, because the Peter and Oliva moment was so romantic and so full of hope, you remember, “Oh, why doesn’t she remember that one?” Which says something lovely about us all as people; we want to remember the good things and leave the bad things.” Yeah. These guys seriously speak this deep on the phone. I died of heartbreak multiple times. Sigh. Thank God this show was renewed.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/latest ... z1IHbMJf4O

I am taking this in stride...it's April Fools after all.... :unsure:

real1 wrote:But Walternat had the picture of Peter with the machine , and it's different than what the blue had , Walternat problem was with the power supply , and he did give Peter part of it in s2ep22 , so Walternat came to the fact that Peter is the only one who can power the machine .

the machine in the blue can power itself by the piece which red Olivia had stolen , now this piece is in the hand of Walternat and encore they need Peter to power the machine , just as how AltBrandon did say to Walternat : Peter is uniquely the only person who can power the machine . Which mean this piece can only help the blue in case Peter is not there . :hmm: .... for me it's hard to believe that the machine in the red isn't from the first people too , yes i recall that Nina said about the machine : it's William technology but we didn't build it , if William did build this machine that will put him with the first people .. and we will ask a question why would William help to build another machine ?

and most of all .. How Walternat is knowing about all what may happen .. the blue are knowing because the Observer did tell Walter about Peter and encore he did give Olivia the picture of the machine , then WHO'S telling and feeding Walternat about every thing ?

I would say these are the things we need answers to...hopefully sooner, rather than later, but it just depends on what the heck they are going to do with the machines (and if the machines could work together!)

--- Merged Double Post --

"Where Will You Be When It Happens?" Promo Pt 2:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe-where-will-you-be-when-it.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:31 am

Episode 3x20 "6:02" Official Press Release:
ENORMOUS EVENTS OCCUR AS THE WORLDS OF “FRINGE” ARE IN JEOPARDY ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, APRIL 22, ON FOX

With only three episodes left this season, the beginning of the end is triggered when Walternate finds a way to wreak havoc “over here” in the all-new “6:02 AM EST” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, April 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-320) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Kevin Corrigan as Sam Weiss; Ryan James McDonald as Alternate Brandon; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee; Matt Ellis as Ritchie; Jim Shield as Joe; Richard Ian Cox as Donnie; Jennifer Koenig as Nurse Gail

Source: FOX

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe ... z1IblCYqak

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:50 pm

DarthLocke wrote:Episode 3x20 "6:02" Official Press Release:
ENORMOUS EVENTS OCCUR AS THE WORLDS OF “FRINGE” ARE IN JEOPARDY ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, APRIL 22, ON FOX

With only three episodes left this season, the beginning of the end is triggered when Walternate finds a way to wreak havoc “over here” in the all-new “6:02 AM EST” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, April 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-320) (TV-14 L, V)

Guest Cast: Kevin Corrigan as Sam Weiss; Ryan James McDonald as Alternate Brandon; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee; Matt Ellis as Ritchie; Jim Shield as Joe; Richard Ian Cox as Donnie; Jennifer Koenig as Nurse Gail

Source: FOX

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe ... z1IblCYqak

So I assume that Walternate will be able to activate his machine by using either the DNA of Other Olivia and Peter's baby or like you said Darth, he will take the baby and accelerate it's growth into an adult. I think the second example is sort of creepy but you never know since this is Fringe. :) I wonder if Walternate will just use the baby to lure Peter back to the red universe instead so he can be used in the machine just as Walternate first wanted? :hmm:

I'm really curious if we will finally find out something new about Sam Weiss like who he really is and what his role is with the machine. I still don't think he is the bad guy in all of this and hope that he will be able to help our universe survive from this attack by Walternate and the red universe.

This looks to be a great start to final episodes of season 3!!! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Spoilers