[Official] V Episode 2.10 Discussion

General Discussion for 'V'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] V Episode 2.10 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm

MOTHER's DAY

9pm

Discuss This Episode Here

SEASON FINALE

ANNA IS FOCUSED ON LISA BREEDING WITH TYLER FOR THE Vs' EVOLUTION, WHILE DIANA AND THE FIFTH COLUMN LOOK TO END ANNA'S CONTROL, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S "V"

Marc Singer Guest Stars

"Mother's Day" - Anna is focused on having Lisa breed with Tyler to ensure the evolution of the Visitors, while Erica and Diana enlist Lisa to stage a coup against Anna and remove her from power before humanity is destroyed. Erica and the Fifth Column join Lisa in the attempted coup, which has devastating results, on the shocking Season Two finale of "V," TUESDAY, MARCH 15 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on ABC. Also in the episode, Marc Singer, who played freedom fighter Mike Donovan on the original "V" series, will guest star as Lars Tremont, a member of a top secret organization of high-ranking military and government leaders from around the globe who have long suspected that the Visitors are very much not here in peace.

"V" stars Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans, Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols, Joel Gretsch as Father Jack, Charles Mesure as Kyle Hobbes, Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans, Laura Vandervoort as Lisa, with Morena Baccarin as Anna and Scott Wolf as Chad Decker.

Guest stars include Jane Badler as Diana, Marc Singer as Lars Tremont, Roark Critchlow as A.D. Paul Kendrick, Jay Karnes as Chris Bolling, Mark Hildreth as Joshua, Christopher Shyer as Marcus, Martin Cummins as Thomas.

"Mother's Day" was written by Scott Rosenbaum & Gregg Hurwitz and directed by Bryan Spicer.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/v-epis ... z1Ghqtk35Q
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] V Episode 2.10 Discussion

Postby b3rt4 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 am

Great finale, but very risky of the producers to end it like this considering the bad ratings. I'm not really optimistic for a 3rd season I'm afraid...

Loved that Tyler and Ryan died, Diana's death was cool, too.
Anna was really badass... "that's how you kill your mother" :thumbup:

Hmm, the twist with Erica and "Dutch" was pretty cool and unexpected. Could be a good storyline for S3.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:07 am

Yeah, I don't think a third season will happen.

Glad that they got rid of Tyler and Ryan, I couldn't care less about Diana. The "Project Ares" was indeed interesting, but...not enough. If it comes back, I won't be watching.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Heiots on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:16 am

Oh my gosh. That was V's best episode. It was amazing.

First, HOW did I manage to miss Hobbes' and Erica's scene in bed?

Second, three deaths. Ryan, Tyler, and Diana. The last two are really bloody deaths and pretty disgusting. Ryan's death was...awful, being killed by his daughter. Just a sad, bad way to die. Tyler...you know your mother will be mourning eternity for you. RIP, Diana. Sad to see you go.

I honestly thought humanity had lost all hope until Erica got napped and they brought her to their headquarters. All is not lost!

Jack's blissed, Ryan's dead, Hobbes and Sid have vanished, Chad is in a mess. Erica's on her own.

And without family.

PS: Hobbes needs to come back.
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby SwanSong on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:27 am

Okay, this episode was amazing! Oh I hope ABC keeps this show going. I'm totally hooked now! :)

-- Merged Double Post --

"I honestly thought humanity had lost all hope until Erica got napped and they brought her to their headquarters. All is not lost!"

I thought the same thing too! I had a sick feeling in my stomach :scared:

PS: Hobbes needs to come back.[/quote]

Umm, yeah!!!! :thumbsup:
SwanSong
Viewer

Postby dutchie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Hahaha, Tyler is gone :thumbsup:
They killed just the right characters, all the annoying ones.
Anna is rocking.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby cheggie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Great episode!

- Hobbes is gone. Just when everything is going bad, you decide to disappear. Well done, Kyle. *rolleyes*
- Ryan... OMG!. All the season trying to rescue Amy only to be killed by her. Talking about Amy, if it there's a 3rd season, let's see how much long will Anna keep her. Because Amy is dangerous.
- Tyler's dead. *Let's celebrate*
- "Now, that's how you kill your Mother". How can you be so naïve, Lisa?
- Erica talking to Jack. Can I adopt him? Can he be more cute? ^_^ I've loved that moment. Now, he's blissed.
- We don`t know what happened to Chad.
- Paul and Chris work for Project Ares. That was unexpected!!!

So bad we probably won't get a 3rd season :(
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Wow! I thought it was great series finale! I was sad to see Diana go, and not that I didn't want Tyler to meet his end, but I really felt bad for Lisa, which with season 3 pending, I will have to refer to as Lisa-A. And Ryan should have seen that this little girl isn't his any more, but alas what can you do when you love your kids.

My thoughts for a season 3...

Sibling Rivalry! I definitely can see a few crazy sanarios.
We have Amy who may emotionally effect Anna.I can see her becoming a bit confused or emotionally manipulated by Amy. Then we have Lisa-B that could decide that she has what it takes to rule all and become horrifically cut throat, which of course could also lead to an Amy and Lisa-B Godzilla War! --Lisa-A will hopefully will escape with the help of Joshua, or maybe even Marcus (not convinced of his over all motive yet), or perhaps Diana left instructions for a back-up plan! At any rate seeing that Hobbs has disappeared, and Jack is blissed, and the introduction of Project Aries seems to allow for an array of plots and a need to introduce new characters. -And if Tyler is dead and this plot with the human soul doesn't reach out in the realm of irreversible experiences, then we can be sure Erika has NOTHING to loss now!!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby cheggie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 pm

I was watching the episode again and something keep my attention: Did Anna said "tell them where the FBI is holding Lisa?" Dis she actually said FBI?
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:00 am

If TPTB could have given us a episode like this every week they would not have had to worry about being renewed... IMHO it was the best one they have ever pulled off. Unfortunately it is a little to little too late... :cry:

And Tyler... TY TY TY and TY!!!! :thumbsup:, My only regret here was that he was given a 'final send off' with Laura Vandervoort (If you know what I mean ;) ) He should have died alone with boils, pusstuals and flaming sores...

It is wierd how TPTB set it up with a sort of cliff hanger, or at least a hint at a 3rd season... I guess optimism never dies in Hollywood (Only in the ratings I guess)

But ultimately it's a shame to see it go. I think they wasted a lot ot precious time on laying setups and ground work for a season three that they could have used for a better end game.

But, I admit, if TPTB were granted a 3rd season... I would watch it even more now.
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Wow, good episode indeed! I love it how they were brave enough to kill of all the people who didn't have any potential (anymore) Wish we would get a third season but yeah, it ain't looking good :(
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby sunj on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:50 am

Hey guys!!! I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's the song that played at the finale????
In general, it was an amazing season and I really hope that we are going to have another one!!!*fingers crossed* :)
feeling so damn.... L O S T

..because he's her Romeo & she's his Juliet.....!
***...cause true love stories never end...***

..someday..somehow..they met again...(!)
♥♥♥ Suliet ♥♥♥

Image Image Image Image
sunj
Stunt Double

Postby Mellow on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:24 am

I'm so psyched now. This can't be cancelled now. Not now that sh*t is finally getting REAL!

Lisa is becoming one of my favourite characters where as I hated her in Season 1!

Anna is such an amazing villain, i actually respect her.

Tyler is dead -> YES!

Ryan is dead -> YES!

Diana is dead -> Not really bothered.

Lisa1 vs Lisa2 = Cat fight! I can't wait!

Jack has lost his faith! :cry:

Where the hell are Sid and Hobbs? WHERE?

Don't like the Guy in charge of the Project.

Ryan's Baby is EVIL!

I know, I'm falling for the writers trap, trying to convince all of us with this loose ending but I'm falling for it and I'm totally enjoying myself. I NEED SEASON 3!
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:54 am

Dude, I hate to say this but, when it's over... it's over...

It goes to my complant, although the best episode to date, it's a little too little, too late.

If TPTB could have done this show six or seven episodes ago then we would not even be wondering about it being renewed. But the network suits have already spoken... it's over :thumbsdown: ...

My biggest gripe is that the show runners spent so much on trying to tease a 'next season' that they didn't close the series out adequately....

And yes... Lisa was completely smoking hot... both of them. :thumbsup:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Brennan on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:01 am

Well, it went out with a bang at least. And never in my life have TPTB so efficiently killed off the characters that I wanted to see go. I found myself really wanting to see more of the bigger better Earth defense. I wish they'd introduced that much sooner.

One of their better payoffs was that Erica's boss who has seemed like he was up to something the whole time. . .really was up to something. . .just not what I thought he was up to.

Oh well, I enjoyed the show. Too bad it didn't get picked back up but I can kind of understand why it didn't. It missed that certain something that makes you excited to tune in each week.
Brennan
Viewer

Next

Return to V Discussion [No Spoilers]