[Official] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:44 am

Miss Ford wrote:
dutchie wrote:I want to see Gran back and Im sure she will be.

she`s already casted for the finale so she is coming! :)

so guys! let me hear what you think of what Im going to post here!! read this carefuly and lets think this right because the is HUUUUUGE (at least for me)

Preview the True Blood Season Finale Title Song

The True Blood season finale is just around the corner, and KCRW has our first listen of the episodes title song. Truebies know that each episode is named for a song that is used in the episode. The season 4 finale is titled “And When I Die”. Writer Raelle Tucker had the Blood Sweat & Tears version in mind when she titled the episode, but True Blood music supervisor (and KCRW DJ) Gary Calamar suggested recording a new version. “Go for it,” said Raelle and executive producer Alan Ball.

The new version was recorded by The Heavy and will be used during a big moment in the series. “It appears that one of our favorite Bon Temps characters is about to meet his (or her) maker,” write Gary on his music blog.

Surce:trueblood-net

SO is this what Im understanding!?! SOMEONE WE KNOW IS GOING TO BE TURNED? OMG! :O :w00t: :O :w00t: :O :w00t:

okay here is what I think if Im reading ths right!... TARA!! and Pam is gonna do it! as a punishment thing and to have control over her!! but I would be affraid that Tara would be such an annoying child aaarghhh :x

^Most likely--Agreed ---I was hoping 'deadly consequences' (<---words from Finale synopsis) could have more than one meaning since we see there can be forms of life beyond death (Vampires, spirits, and what ever the fairy plane is)

My guesses:
1.TARA!!!! (which I am 100% for as long as like what Panda and I have been discussing, she doesn't become all Anne Rice's Louis on us :P -if she has nothing to fear, then maybe she might become kick-ass and I think the chem between her and Pam is great and just think what happens when we throw Eric into the mix--- but I also know that Pam is either also going to change--become more maternal, or she's going to be a horrible maker, simply because she hates Tara.)
2. Hoyt (Would be unexpected and complicate the Jess-Jason-Hoyt relationship)
3. Jason (unexpected, but could be interesting, --might ruin his day job)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:53 pm

I was thinking again and my guess is Jason, maybe he will be in a near death situation and Jess will have to save him. And to give her blood won't be enough so she will have to turn him!! Omg can you imagine Jason as a vamp! Oh no! I'm not sure if this is the best idea Orr if Jessica is ready to be a maker. Maybe someone is going to do this for her. Bill or somebody else, Eric. Or Pam.

I cannot wait to watch that on screen!!
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Maybe the writer of the article used the expresion(meet his maker) the way it is supposed to be(as in maker=god) and someone will just die, nothing more.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:53 pm

dutchie wrote:Maybe the writer of the article used the expresion(meet his maker) the way it is supposed to be(as in maker=god) and someone will just die, nothing more.

Yeah! That could be a possibility too! I tried to think of everything, but since the music producer from the show was quoted as saying: "his or her maker" and maker is a term that in true blood we normally associate to a vampire who turns someone to another vamp, it was easier to make this presumption but I don't know maybe I'm taking reading to much on this, thats why I thought it was a good idea to see what would you guys understand reading the article. I think it would be cool to have a new vampire :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
dutchie wrote:Maybe the writer of the article used the expresion(meet his maker) the way it is supposed to be(as in maker=god) and someone will just die, nothing more.

Yeah! That could be a possibility too! I tried to think of everything, but since the music producer from the show was quoted as saying: "his or her maker" and maker is a term that in true blood we normally associate to a vampire who turns someone to another vamp, it was easier to make this presumption but I don't know maybe I'm taking reading to much on this, thats why I thought it was a good idea to see what would you guys understand reading the article. I think it would be cool to have a new vampire :)

I agree with Miss Ford, if the article writer is a fan of the show, then using those words most likely implies Vampire-turning...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:08 am

'True Blood': Rutina Wesley talks last night's shocking finale and the future of Tara

Source:EW

True Blood fans are still reeling from last night’s epic and bloody season finale. SPOILER ALERT! We saw the returns of Grands (Lois Smith) and Rene (Michael Raymond-James), as well as possibly the resurrection of Russell (Denis O’Hare). But the most disturbing twists were Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) stabbing Jesus (Kevin Alejandro), and Tara (Rutina Wesley) getting shot in the head by Debbie Pelt (Britt Morgan). EW talked to Wesley about the finale and whether or not Tara survived the gunshot wound.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What did you think when you read the season finale script?

RUTINA WESLEY: Well I mean, I knew ahead of time that it was coming. It’s always a scary place as an actor to go there. I don’t know what their plans are for next season. I know that Alan has said there are “big plans,” but I don’t know what that really means, and things can always change. I’m not for sure, but I trust him completely. At the end of the day, it’s hard to see how I’m coming back, seeing as half of my head was just blown off. I don’t know. They may figure something out. I mean it’s True Blood. There’s always flashbacks. There’s phantasms. There’s all this crazy stuff. It’s very possible. But I’m excited either way. If it does all end, I’ve had the most amazing time of my life. It’s really great.

In your mind, is Tara dead?
Well I mean half my head is missing. I’m just gonna keep saying that. You know, it’s True Blood. I feel like anything is possible. If anything, it is the golden hour though. If she is able to be saved, it’s like she’s got 20 seconds. It’s not a lot of time. I’m curious to see what they’re going to do with all of it. I hope I’m back. But again half my head is missing [laughs].

Maybe Tara will just wear a lot of hats?

Yeah I mean yeah she can wear a lot of hats. Put some gauze on it. But people are going crazy! [Laughs]

It was crazy! Are people approaching you?

Well my phone has been blowing up. I talked to Nelsan and his phone was blowing up. He was like, “People are about to start a riot over you.” I think that’s so sweet to know that people out there are really upset and some people are like, “I’m not watching the show anymore!” I’m like, C’mon guys. But it’s not over. It ain’t over til the fat lady sings. I’m just gonna take it one day at a time. As I said, I haven’t seen any scripts from next season, but I know that I’m involved — I just don’t know in what way.

Are you signed on for a season 5?

Yeah. It’s out there that Alan has already said that he has big plans for Tara. But things change. I don’t know exactly what they have in store for me and how long that will be. It’s tricky. And if I did know, I’m just not going to say. [Laughs] But again — half the head is missing. The cool part is people are talking. And that’s the question is: Is she dead or is she not? Because people can survive head wounds. But we have people on the show that can make things happen — you know what I mean? I don’t know what’s going to happen the first episode of next season. I’m just as excited and curious you are. I hope it’s good. I hope I stick around for a while. That would be nice. [Laughs]

Was it emotional shooting that scene on the kitchen floor?
It was emotional. I think we all went out afterwards — me, Britt and Anna — just to sort of have a little celebration. But it was very very emotional. I don’t think there was a dry eye when we shot that scene. It’s very clear the relationship when Tara goes, “I would die for you.” Basically, I would take a bullet for you. That’s not necessarily a best friend — she’s like my sister. I think it was so amazing to see that. To see her walk in and go, “Oh, uh-uh.” That goes to show you how much love Tara has. Anna in that moment I think played it so beautifully, and it was hard for me because I was like, “Okay, play dead. Play dead.”
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 am

Tara will be back
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:42 am

Miss Ford wrote:
'True Blood': Rutina Wesley talks last night's shocking finale and the future of Tara

Source:EW

True Blood fans are still reeling from last night’s epic and bloody season finale. SPOILER ALERT! We saw the returns of Grands (Lois Smith) and Rene (Michael Raymond-James), as well as possibly the resurrection of Russell (Denis O’Hare). But the most disturbing twists were Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) stabbing Jesus (Kevin Alejandro), and Tara (Rutina Wesley) getting shot in the head by Debbie Pelt (Britt Morgan). EW talked to Wesley about the finale and whether or not Tara survived the gunshot wound.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What did you think when you read the season finale script?

RUTINA WESLEY: Well I mean, I knew ahead of time that it was coming. It’s always a scary place as an actor to go there. I don’t know what their plans are for next season. I know that Alan has said there are “big plans,” but I don’t know what that really means, and things can always change. I’m not for sure, but I trust him completely. At the end of the day, it’s hard to see how I’m coming back, seeing as half of my head was just blown off. I don’t know. They may figure something out. I mean it’s True Blood. There’s always flashbacks. There’s phantasms. There’s all this crazy stuff. It’s very possible. But I’m excited either way. If it does all end, I’ve had the most amazing time of my life. It’s really great.

In your mind, is Tara dead?
Well I mean half my head is missing. I’m just gonna keep saying that. You know, it’s True Blood. I feel like anything is possible. If anything, it is the golden hour though. If she is able to be saved, it’s like she’s got 20 seconds. It’s not a lot of time. I’m curious to see what they’re going to do with all of it. I hope I’m back. But again half my head is missing [laughs].

Maybe Tara will just wear a lot of hats?

Yeah I mean yeah she can wear a lot of hats. Put some gauze on it. But people are going crazy! [Laughs]

It was crazy! Are people approaching you?

Well my phone has been blowing up. I talked to Nelsan and his phone was blowing up. He was like, “People are about to start a riot over you.” I think that’s so sweet to know that people out there are really upset and some people are like, “I’m not watching the show anymore!” I’m like, C’mon guys. But it’s not over. It ain’t over til the fat lady sings. I’m just gonna take it one day at a time. As I said, I haven’t seen any scripts from next season, but I know that I’m involved — I just don’t know in what way.

Are you signed on for a season 5?

Yeah. It’s out there that Alan has already said that he has big plans for Tara. But things change. I don’t know exactly what they have in store for me and how long that will be. It’s tricky. And if I did know, I’m just not going to say. [Laughs] But again — half the head is missing. The cool part is people are talking. And that’s the question is: Is she dead or is she not? Because people can survive head wounds. But we have people on the show that can make things happen — you know what I mean? I don’t know what’s going to happen the first episode of next season. I’m just as excited and curious you are. I hope it’s good. I hope I stick around for a while. That would be nice. [Laughs]

Was it emotional shooting that scene on the kitchen floor?
It was emotional. I think we all went out afterwards — me, Britt and Anna — just to sort of have a little celebration. But it was very very emotional. I don’t think there was a dry eye when we shot that scene. It’s very clear the relationship when Tara goes, “I would die for you.” Basically, I would take a bullet for you. That’s not necessarily a best friend — she’s like my sister. I think it was so amazing to see that. To see her walk in and go, “Oh, uh-uh.” That goes to show you how much love Tara has. Anna in that moment I think played it so beautifully, and it was hard for me because I was like, “Okay, play dead. Play dead.”

Thanks!! :thumbsup: I have been hoping all day for this interview :w00t: :lol: :rofl: ...I have been reading much Wiccan, Pagan, and Brujeria' online and some occult/philosophy books I have...

As I have been reading through origin theories and ritual and different secs of the theology and/or philosophy I see that Ball and Harris pretty much based everything in Pagan/Wicca belief as even Fea in "Summerland" is one Wiccan belief of an after life...
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
and thus explains Harris use in "elemental" Fea....(The pentacle)

But reading under Brujeria on Wiki, I see that in some parts of Mexico, S. America, and Europe Bruja is seen with a negative intonation-- a bad term for witch, or more specifically, "evil doer", but some avoid the term all together and do not practice rituals the same way a Wiccan might, and instead refer to themselves as healers --
or "curandero" (Shaman) --Wiki goes onto mention then a practice called, "Curanderismo"...

Curanderismo is also a practice that is totally distinctive from witchcraft, in that they do not use spells or divination but rather, work as psycho-spiritual healers doing such things as soul retrievals.

They also say sometimes a Curandero is the only way to get rid of Bruja---(this may be how Marnie was able to stop--Antonia claimed she was more of healer and only turned to necromancy to save lives...so she may have helped saved Marnie's soul....changed her back...)

Shamans are said to treat ailments/illness by mending the soul. Alleviating traumas affecting the soul/spirit restores the physical body of the individual to balance and wholeness. The shaman also enters supernatural realms or dimensions to obtain solutions to problems afflicting the community. Shamans may visit other worlds/dimensions to bring guidance to misguided souls and to ameliorate illnesses of the human soul caused by foreign elements. The shaman operates primarily within the spiritual world, which in turn affects the human world. The restoration of balance results in the elimination of the ailment.

...If Lafeyette could gain some of Jesus knowledge or if he just is a shaman-healer (like he did with Mavis), then maybe he can retrieve Tara's soul
I read that Harris' demons can be telepaths too since they relate to Fea

It is also stated that some Bruja believe they are shape shifters and can transform into owls, cats, or coyotes...
Last edited by DarthLocke on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 am

OMG DarthLocke you've been busy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: awesome! I agree with Sawyer5665 and you, Tara is coming back in one way or in other!!! maybe Sookie, now more powerful is gonna save her, or ask one of her lovers to turn her or she will be back, as you said by a spell, sadly is a 9 moths waiting.. hopefuly spoilers will come and I wil keep posting those :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:16 am

Miss Ford wrote:OMG DarthLocke you've been busy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: awesome! I agree with Sawyer5665 and you, Tara is coming back in one way or in other!!! maybe Sookie, now more powerful is gonna save her, or ask one of her lovers to turn her or she will be back, as you said by a spell, sadly is a 9 moths waiting.. hopefuly spoilers will come and I wil keep posting those :)

Ya, it was biting at me all day! ;) --It's always such a drag when TB's finale comes --for some reason it always seems like of all the shows, it's the worst wait...maybe because I like summer, so when it leaves I know summer leaves too...I dunno, but anyways...I will def be checking in on the spoilers for the next season :D

and just because I am nuts like this...I was curious as to what the specifics of psycho spiritual healing meant as opposed to something else..I came upon a web site that talked pyschology in spiritual terms of "demons" invading and destroying one's life... --It reminds me again of season one with Tara, her mother, and Miss Jeanette...Tara might not be able to pass on because "there is a demon inside of her"...
Don't know if Ball will follow suit, but can't demons not be physically destroyed or pass on unless they are burned :hmm: :hmm: which would be intersting considering all od these epsiode titles/themes with fire, burning, ect in them
So I will hope for Vampire...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 am

but what do you mean? she wouldnt pass on? she would stay like what? a ghost ? or a zombie? or btw life/death?

another interview!

Rutina Wesley: “I know I’m coming back. I just don’t know in what capacity.”

Source: TVLine

And Rutina Wesley thought getting kidnapped and duct taped to a toilet by a crazed vampire sucked. In the closing minutes of Sunday’s True Blood finale, the actress’ seemingly cursed alter ego, Tara, jumped in front of a bullet intended for her BFF Sookie and got her brains blown out. Literally.

“I have to say it was actually kind of cool having my brains blown out,” confesses Wesley with a laugh. “All of the special effects and everything… It was cool.”

If she sounds surprisingly chipper for someone who just lost her job on one of TV’s most successful shows, it’s probably because well… she didn’t actually lose her job. In the following Q&A with TVLine, Wesley confirms that she will be back for True Blood‘s fifth season — but that’s only half the story.

TVLINE | When did you first find out Tara was getting shot in the head?
[Series creator] Alan Ball himself pulled me aside early on and told me that this was happening. And I was like, ‘OK, that’s cool.’ I know I’m coming back in some capacity, I just don’t know how I’m coming back. It’s scary as an actor to be in that position. Whatever they do, I think it’s the Golden Hour for Tara. But I don’t know how they’re going to revive me or if I’m dead. And that’s the big question: Can she be saved?

TVLINE | Has your contract option for Season 5 been officially picked up?

Yes. I know I’m coming back. I just don’t know in what capacity.

TVLINE | If she is brought back to life, it seems unlikely she’ll just be the same old Tara.

I like playing a human on the show. I like not having any powers. I like being the voice of reason. But it wouldn’t be a drama if we didn’t have a shift in things. Everything’s up in the air because half of my head is missing. [Laughs] I know Alan has big plans for me next season. But has he shared those plans with me? Not really.

TVLINE | Have you entertained the idea that she might become a vampire?
Not really. Some of my fans actually talked about that a couple years ago. They were like, “Wouldn’t it be great if Tara became a badass vampire? Wouldn’t that be amazing?” But as I said, I like being human. [Laughs] We don’t have that many on the show. And then I’d have to figure out how to talk with the fangs and all that crazy stuff. But with that kind of injury, even if I got the vampire blood could that really save me? I don’t know.

TVLINE | What did you think of Tara’s arc this season? She started out in a very happy place but as the season went on she reverted back to being somewhat of a victim.
I didn’t necessarily see her as the victim this season. I saw her as more of a survivor of the situation. And a fighter. We got to a point where she really had no choice. She got her hand burned on the door and at that moment she was like, “If I have to be here and fight with Marnie, then that’s what I have to do to survive.” What was great about this season for me is even though she did suffer, she suffered for a cause. And she was strong. And I really liked the humor in Tara that we got towards the end. It felt like Season 1 Tara with the one-liners. It was fun getting back to the sassy Tara. I just like to see her be strong and stable and not necessarily crying and whining. I like the more happy Tara but, you know, it’s a drama. Happiness only lasts for so long, as you can see.
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:11 am

Miss Ford wrote:but what do you mean? she wouldnt pass on? she would stay like what? a ghost ? or a zombie? or btw life/death?

Not sure because I never read the books, but wiki said,

Demons: Beings that have very sharp teeth and are tricky to kill. They can manipulate fire (referred to in Dead and Gone), they can run faster than any human or animal (referred to in Dead and Gone), and can have a very powerful touch (referred to in Dead as a Doornail). When they die, the earth does not take the body in nor does it decompose, so it has to be burned (referred to in Dead as a Doornail). They also possess the power of telepathy (referred to in Dead Reckoning)

So I am not sure how to exactly define that in conjunction to her essence (spirit), or how would one would apply that with something like a shaman, assuming that is also what Lafayette is?? -- it could go any way I think and I honestly don't know what to expect, but I thought I would take a few stabs at some ideas just because I can't wait till next June!

Thanks for the second interview! :thumbup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Just found these 8 Season 5 Spoilers!
http://www.wetpaint.com/true-blood/articles/true-blood-season-5-spoilers-eight-juicy-scoops

I also read that Kevin Alejandro thinks there's a good chance we will be seeing Jesus again too!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:15 am

True Blood Finale Burning Questions Answered

Is Tara dead? “How can she be NOT dead?” asks creator Alan Ball

Writer Raelle Tucker and Executive producer Alan Ball talk to TV Guide about the Season 4 finale and some hints about what will be happening in Bon Temps in Season 5.

Will Tara (Rutina Wesley) Survive? “I can’t say whether she will be back in her present form, but we’ll continue to tell Tara’s story,” says Tucker.

Are Bill (Stephen Moyer) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) marked men after killing Nan and her guards? “They’ve been fighting witches all season, and now they will have to fight the power elite of their own kind,” says Ball. Adds Tucker: “For once in their lives they need to rely on and trust each other. They team up to face a common enemy.”

Is Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) really back?
Yes confirms Ball–and with “an interesting new alliance,” teases Tucker.

Will Werewolf Alcide (Joe Manganiello) finally win Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) heart? “They have a deep friendship and chemistry that we’ll continue to explore,” Tucker says. “But Sookie will be trying to stand on her own two feet next season.”

Will ghosts from Terry’s (Todd Lowe) past threaten his wife, Arlene (Carrie Preston)? “The ghosts will come back, and he and Arlene are going to be challenged by that,” Tucker confirms. “Terry’s PTSD comes from a particular incident we’ll learn more about. Scott Foley’s Patrick Devins has a huge part to play.”

What kind of vampire will former fang-hater Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) be? “He will do what he believes is the righteous thing that God wants him to do, although it will be altered by his new condition,” Tucker says.

Any exciting new characters coming up? “There are a couple of new roles that will be very sexy,” says Ball. One in particular is “a strong, mysterious female at the center of one of our main stories,” Tucker says. “She’s fierce, one of the strongest women we will have seen on the show, a force to be reckoned with.”

Source: TV Guide Magazine, issue dated September 26-October 2, 2011

(Source: trueblood-news.com)

So Tara will be or a ghost or a vampire but she will be around and Eric&Bill Bromance is real deal now huh!?!?
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:44 am

True Blood Finale Burning Questions Answered

Is Tara dead? “How can she be NOT dead?” asks creator Alan Ball

Exactly...

“For once in their lives they need to rely on and trust each other. They team up to face a common enemy.”

Nice. Eric and Bill work well together, plus, they are much better without Sookie around. :thumbup:

Is Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) really back? Yes confirms Ball–and with “an interesting new alliance,” teases Tucker.

This is the most exciting part of S5 for me. :thumbsup:
So is that new alliance Steve Newlin or someone else?

Will Werewolf Alcide (Joe Manganiello) finally win Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) heart? “They have a deep friendship and chemistry that we’ll continue to explore,” Tucker says. “But Sookie will be trying to stand on her own two feet next season.”

Chemistry? Really? I can't see it. :S
Anyway, I really hope they deliver what they're promising regarding Sookie. I have my doubts, but we'll see.

What kind of vampire will former fang-hater Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) be? “He will do what he believes is the righteous thing that God wants him to do, although it will be altered by his new condition,” Tucker says.

This sounds so weird. :lol:

Miss Ford wrote:So Tara will be or a ghost or a vampire but she will be around and Eric&Bill Bromance is real deal now huh!?!?

If she's going to come back (something that doesn't make me particularly happy :unsure: ), I certainly hope she does as a ghost and not a vampire.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood Spoilers