My 2012 movie viewing list (January through June):
1) The Little Mermaid (1989)- great!
2) Friday the 13th (1980)- very poor
3) The Rescuers Down Under (1990)- pretty good
4) Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)- terrible
5) Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)- one of the worst I've seen!
6) Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)- Almost on par with the first one
7) Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)- Stupid, stupid, stupid
8) Mary Poppins (1964)- Phenomenal and utterly enjoyable!
9) The Artist (2011)- Charming and adorable.
10) Letters to Juliet (2010)- Formulaic and predictable.
11) Because I Said So (2007)- How do movies like this get made?
12) Beauty and the Beast (1991)- Marvelous good fantasy.
13) Aladdin (1992)- Entertaining but adult-focused.
14) The Lion King (1994)- Beautiful but, again, more for grown-ups.
15) Pocahontas (1995)- Politically correct revisionist history junk that gets by on Disney's technical magic.
16) Toy Story (1995)- Shows its age just a bit but still fantastic for all ages.
17) A Hard Day's Night (1964)- Appreciable but somewhat boring.
18) The Wiz (1978)- Caters (and panders) almost exclusively to black audiences.
19) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)- One of the best ever made.
20) Citizen Kane (1941)- Great, yes. The greatest? I'm still not sold.
21) Metropolis (1927)- Easily one of the five best silent films ever made.
22) High Noon (1952)- I find it over-hyped but it's still good filmmaking.
23) Gone With the Wind (1939)- For me, this one still trumps Citizen Kane.