[Official] Chuck Ep. 5.12 Discussion

General discussion for 'Chuck'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Chuck Ep. 5.12 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 pm

I loved it. I just watched it a second time, and curiously, changed my opinion on the last scene.

It's clear, as you both said, that they are going to be together and be happy. No doubt about it. The first time I watched it, I thought Sarah would slowly regain her memories, but she would end up with all of them and be intact and great.

Today, though? I chose to believe that what Morgan said worked. She remembered it all.

Great, great couple of episodes. Zac killed it in the first one, and Sarah watching herself falling in love with Chuck was amazing.

I...really don't know what to say, just like at the end of Lost, haha. I enjoyed it, was happy it happened, and I feel like discussing it removes a bit of the magic, so I won't write more. But what a great show.

Also? Jeffster rocks.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Joshua on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:14 am

That's a nice way to look at it, Diego. It certainly makes me happy :D

A point for discussion - Chuck has the Intersect, as far as we know. Do we think that he will get rid of it, or keep it?

It certainly leaves the door open for more Chuck at a later date :)
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Leroi22 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:53 am

Joshua wrote:That's a nice way to look at it, Diego. It certainly makes me happy :D

A point for discussion - Chuck has the Intersect, as far as we know. Do we think that he will get rid of it, or keep it?

It certainly leaves the door open for more Chuck at a later date :)

Yeah it certainly doesn't say whether Beckman had the intersect removed or not, so I think its entirely plausible that Chuck still has the intersect and eventually, once Sarah has regained all of her memories again (which I think will be soon, or even from the kiss) that the group will reform and go on more missions for Beckman.

In an interview Zach said that they really are hopeful that they can do a made for tv movie for Chuck so they can all get back together again soon. Let's hope!!!!! :thumbsup:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:07 am

Great question - I do think they left that open as with the fan base they have - a future movie is possible (plus, it makes for a ton of fun for the fan fiction we know will be coming from said fan base).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Post-Chuck depression; activated.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:07 pm

If it would peak anyone's interest in keeping Chuck alive (I'd want to make sure I'd have plenty of active involvement), I'd consider putting together a potential "top moments in Chuck" or something along those lines for a countdown in here. I know people enjoy them in the forums for other shows - but I'm not wanting to put something together if we're going to have 3 people participating either - haha.

---

As for Chuck depression - it's ok, we'll make it live one way or another!
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Amma do a re-watch.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Rewatch, rewatch! I'm waiting on that front, still too sad :( Although I have rewatched the final moments a few times.

DL, I'd 100% follow that, but I'm not sure how large a following you'd have. Me, DA, potentially Leroi, Dreyesbo and CJ?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm likely going to wait on the rewatch myself. I'm not quite ready to invest in the whole series again because once I start, I won't stop - plus I just restarted watching BSG recently.

That said - I think it's going to be a great show to rewatch. Having recently finished a Lost rewatch, I feel as though certain shows rewatch better than others - Chuck to me is one that will be enjoyable.

More so - to watch the characters grow together again (I still say Morgan has grown the most, I always felt Chuck was more poised for the path he took than Morgan was for his, just my opinion).

I always laugh, but the Chuck Morgan relationship reminds me of my best friend growing up and I - I, unfortunately being Morgan who, just as in Morgan, kind of needed a woman to really get me going in the right direction and on the path towards any kind of success - at least in the sense of the fact that a woman was able to keep Morgan more grounded.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Rewatch is going well, on to episode 14 of season 3. Seriously, the 6 episode run starting with 'Vs The Beard' and ending with 'Vs The Honeymooners' is just amazing.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

AGreed - that's a really great stretch. The wife and I just finished Season 1 and I now have to buy a new Blu Ray player (a cheapo) since my PS3 for some reason hates my Season 2, 3 and 4 Blu-Rays from Chuck (it also hates Back to the Future). Only Blu-Rays it won't play and I have no idea why.

Still, the things I'll do for Chuck (and Sarah)
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Fri May 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Devil's Arcade wrote:Rewatch is going well, on to episode 14 of season 3. Seriously, the 6 episode run starting with 'Vs The Beard' and ending with 'Vs The Honeymooners' is just amazing.

Just watched Chuck versus The Honeymooners and the episode following. Great piece run indeed.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Chuck Discussion [No spoilers!]