The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm

See - there'es a few of us who didn't immediately pick up on the whole zombie hate Lori thing. Might I add - LOVED when he picked up the phone to end the episode. LOVED.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby dutchie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I knew it right away that the zombie ate Lori. He looked like me after a christmas dinner, so it was familiar :D
Im really digging this season. And it keeps good(unlike Dexters latest 2 crappy episodes).
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 am

dutchie wrote:I knew it right away that the zombie ate Lori. He looked like me after a christmas dinner, so it was familiar :D
Im really digging this season. And it keeps good(unlike Dexters latest 2 crappy episodes).

I blame it on the fact that I twitter chat during The Walking Dead #makingexcuses
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 pm

As soon as I saw the Walkers stomach, I knew what they were trying to get across...that the walker ate Lori...but it seemed crazy that the walker ate Lori's entire body bones and all. :lol: I can look past that, though, because this season has been so good...and really it's not a big deal to me anyway.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 am

Who's ready for tonight's episode? I'm loving the direction of this season though I'm wondering what route they are going with Rick and the phone (knowing the comic book route).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 am

Man, the hits just keeping coming this season, they're barely letting us come up for air!! Again, where to begin...

Woodbury: Ok, Andrea is officially as dumb as a rock. She definitely needs to be walker bait, the sooner the better. And I'm sorry but the Governor is as creepy as they come...he just gives me the willies.

Merle is still a son of a bitch...some things never change. You just knew the minute you saw them going after Michonne that the kid would never make it out alive. I was kind of surprised that Merle let Michonne get away, but I think she genuinely scared him...I don't think he expected her to be that much of a threat.

The Prison: Rick was getting downright scary for a while there...totally crackers. Glad he finally seemed to come around at the end. Never thought I'd find myself feeling bad for Carl, but dayum! Speaking of which, the Daryl awesomeness continues...loved him stepping up as a father figure to Carl and then losing it when he found Carol's knife. I knew she wasn't dead...hope she survives.

The ending was intriguing...so now we have the two groups inching closer together, the only question is who gives up the info first...Michonne or Glenn and Maggie. My money is on a Merle/Daryl reunion in the mid-season finale two weeks from now. We shall see.

Another kick ass episode and once again leaving us jonesing for more...God, I love this show! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:37 am

CLDeangrl wrote:Man, the hits just keeping coming this season, they're barely letting us come up for air!! Again, where to begin...

The Prison: Rick was getting downright scary for a while there...totally crackers. Glad he finally seemed to come around at the end. Never thought I'd find myself feeling bad for Carl, but dayum! Speaking of which, the Daryl awesomeness continues...loved him stepping up as a father figure to Carl and then losing it when he found Carol's knife. I knew she wasn't dead...hope she survives.

The ending was intriguing...so now we have the two groups inching closer together, the only question is who gives up the info first...Michonne or Glenn and Maggie. My money is on a Merle/Daryl reunion in the mid-season finale two weeks from now. We shall see.

Not ignoring Woodbury - but I loved the way they did the prison this week. Really awesome job telling the story on Rick's part. I think he's gained some sanity back - but could easily snap back into insanity. I'm not sure we'll see the phone again for a few episodes - but it will certainly show up again in my mind.

Also LOVE the taking of two of the prison residents to Woodbury - opens up some awesome stories (both new and comic book) and takes us closer to a merging of two worlds.

Side note: Andrea - stop sleeping with everyone who's the anti-Rick.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:10 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:Woodbury: Ok, Andrea is officially as dumb as a rock. She definitely needs to be walker bait, the sooner the better. And I'm sorry but the Governor is as creepy as they come...he just gives me the willies.

But she doesnt know what we know. And she was on the road with a woman for 8 months, and now there is a bloke who seems charming, even woman have needs...
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Uh yeah, we do, but that doesn't mean you have to sleep with every "anti-Rick" you come across. The man is as shady as they come...Michonne was out there on the road with a woman for 8 months too and she saw right through him. I'm sorry, but Andrea needs a slap upside the head! :P

As for the phone...it was a cool device to play out Rick's spiral into insanity but I thought it was a little jarring how quickly they seemed to snap him back. It's like one second he's hearing his dead wife's voice and the next he's stepping into the common room all cleaned up and smiling as if everything's fine...a little too easy, imo, but then again maybe it's not the last we've seen of the phone.

Btw...loved the interview on Talking Dead where Andrew Lincoln said that Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori) actually called him from Canada, where she happened to be at the time, to do the phone scene so it would seem more realisitic...awesome!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:41 am

I was kind of surprised that Merle let Michonne get away, but I think she genuinely scared him...I don't think he expected her to be that much of a threat.
I don't think Merle believes a woman can be his equal, much less better than him. Lying to the governor allows him to pretend a woman didn't get the better of him.

Can't wait to see what happens in Woodbury, they have really twisted the comic book and it will be interesting to see how far all of this goes. I think Rick's fragile mental state will not allow him to accept another loss, which means he'll probably kill a bunch of Woodburians in order to save Glenn and Maggie. But on the other hand in is hallucination he seemed to feel guilty about the people he has killed, so what will it do to him to kill some more.

And we all just KNOW that Darryl will go to Woodbury so we can see a Dixon brothers showdown!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Hell, I've been jonesing for the Dixon brothers showdown...can not wait! :thumbsup:

And definitely agreed about Merle's opion of women...he absolutely did not expect Michonne to be the kind of threat she is.

As for Rick...hard to know which way he'd go at this point. Bringing these two groups together is definitely going to be a game changer, that's for sure.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm excited for the whole Prison versus Woodbury storyline. The way it's converging is great - different than the comics - but definitely plenty of similar situations. This is huge for me because it really does make the fun so fun to watch not knowing what's going to happen - even with strong knowledge of the comic.

I'm with everyone else - when Merle finally sees his brother - it's going to be interesting what happens. I'm willing to bet it's going to be a very confusing moment for at least one of the brothers.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

There can be only one!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:42 am

supermodel wrote:There can be only one!

This could be said of more than just the brothers.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:14 am

Man...this show is such a freakin' roller coaster ride! This episode alone had me going from crying to cringing to wanting to barf when they tossed the guy in the cabin to the walkers. Wow!

Carol's little "homecoming" was a nice heartwarming moment. So good to see and hear Rick being more Rick-like. I just hope it sticks.

I can't blame them for being leery of Michonne, or her of them, but I'm glad they managed to work together. I'm surprised to seem them trusting the remaining inmates though. But I guess tough times call for tough measures.

Major kudos to Glen...he really proved he's got a set. I knew tossing the walker in with him was a bad idea, after clearing the prison if there's one thing that wouldn't scare him that's it. The whole deal with Maggie was the cringe worthy part. In case anyone doubted just what a bastard the Governor really is. And Andrea actually likes the guy! God, could she please be walker bait now?!

The whole thing with Milton was creepy. I assume he's trying to find a cure for the Governor's daughter, but someone really needs to slap him upside the head. There's no curing it, dumbass! Guess I can't totally fault him for trying though.

Couldn't fault Rick and co. for tossing the cabin guy out to the walkers either, as brutal as it was, it was their only choice at the moment.

And finally, I'm still on the fence about Merle. Either he's a total s.o.b. who will toss Daryl to the dogs or he was lying through his teeth to the Governor. I can't really tell which. Guess we'll find out how the big Dixon family reunion goes next week in the mid-season finale. Then we'll get to come up for air for a little while, which we're going to need! WHEW!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]