The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:41 pm

By the look on Merle's face, I think his loyalty will ultimately be with his brother.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm not so sure about Merle...I think his only loyalty is to Merle. I have a feeling he just wants to be reunited with Daryl so he can have someone to boss around again. If that's the case, I think he's going to get a mighty big shock when he finds out little brother ain't a push over anymore. :D
Image
User avatar
CLDeangrl
Guest Star
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm
Location: North Central NJ
Gender: Female

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby Sym on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:00 am

Nice episode.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I agree:
Merle and loyal only to himself.
He loves his brother ....
if you must choose, will choose only ever Daryl

Daryl loves his brother
if you must choose, he will choose only his brother,
Carol and of course:-D

I want to see the face of the governor when he finds out that the 10 people to have a prison were released:
A child, an old man, two young girls, a pregnant woman ......... LoL
I do not think Merle makes us a good impression .....


The governor I like ...
I think he's a good person .. :wub:
I know, I know
I end up with love always the bad guys ...
and stronger than me
I find in them the good side.
TVSHOWTIME PROFILE
https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/6964315/profile
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/D0bT8qRW/Screenshot-6.jpg[img]

We are the rejected,the humiliated,we are the outcasts.We are the monsters that you created #TheFinal
User avatar
Sym
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: In the Tardis go To Nassau
Gender: Female

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Again...I wouldn't be so sure where either of the Dixon brothers are concerned. Merle's not the "sweet, loving" big brother you'd like to think he is. From the little of their relationship we saw during Daryl's hallucinations last season, it sure sounded like Merle basically treated him like crap and Daryl was finally coming to realize that. Also, in the past year Daryl, for the first time in his life, has been treated like a person and has people actually depending on him, which makes a big difference. I think...at least I hope...there has been far too much growth on Daryl's part for him to just throw it all away and fall back into step with Merle. And I honestly think Merle just wants someone he can boss around because he's been having to rely on others all this time and he's not used to it and doesn't like it...he prefers being in control.

I'm not sure either one's motives or reactions are going to be that clear cut in the end. Can't wait to find out!
Image
User avatar
CLDeangrl
Guest Star
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm
Location: North Central NJ
Gender: Female

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:Again...I wouldn't be so sure where either of the Dixon brothers are concerned. Merle's not the "sweet, loving" big brother you'd like to think he is. From the little of their relationship we saw during Daryl's hallucinations last season, it sure sounded like Merle basically treated him like crap and Daryl was finally coming to realize that. Also, in the past year Daryl, for the first time in his life, has been treated like a person and has people actually depending on him, which makes a big difference. I think...at least I hope...there has been far too much growth on Daryl's part for him to just throw it all away and fall back into step with Merle. And I honestly think Merle just wants someone he can boss around because he's been having to rely on others all this time and he's not used to it and doesn't like it...he prefers being in control.

I'm not sure either one's motives or reactions are going to be that clear cut in the end. Can't wait to find out!


This. I think you nailed it there. Daryl would struggle with turning his back on Merle, but in the end I think he will choose Rick/Glenn/Maggie over Merle.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby Bella on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
CLDeangrl wrote:Again...I wouldn't be so sure where either of the Dixon brothers are concerned. Merle's not the "sweet, loving" big brother you'd like to think he is. From the little of their relationship we saw during Daryl's hallucinations last season, it sure sounded like Merle basically treated him like crap and Daryl was finally coming to realize that. Also, in the past year Daryl, for the first time in his life, has been treated like a person and has people actually depending on him, which makes a big difference. I think...at least I hope...there has been far too much growth on Daryl's part for him to just throw it all away and fall back into step with Merle. And I honestly think Merle just wants someone he can boss around because he's been having to rely on others all this time and he's not used to it and doesn't like it...he prefers being in control.

I'm not sure either one's motives or reactions are going to be that clear cut in the end. Can't wait to find out!


This. I think you nailed it there. Daryl would struggle with turning his back on Merle, but in the end I think he will choose Rick/Glenn/Maggie over Merle.


Jumping in to the discussion here. Totally agree that Daryl will choose the group over his psychotic, evil brother. It wouldn't be a legitimate character move for him not to.
Image
Image

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
User avatar
Bella
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 3896
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 pm
Location: Acton, MA
Gender: Female

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby supermodel on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I knew tossing the walker in with him was a bad idea, after clearing the prison if there's one thing that wouldn't scare him that's it.


I guess being locked up inside those walls has made even Merle a bit soft and fearful. He thinks that walker will scare Glenn, he told the Guv that the prison couldn't be cleared, and he seems pretty scared of the red zone. He's not a hardened zombie killer like all the members of Team Prison.

The whole thing with Milton was creepy. I assume he's trying to find a cure for the Governor's daughter, but someone really needs to slap him upside the head. There's no curing it, dumbass! Guess I can't totally fault him for trying though.

I don't think it was his idea, I think the governor is making him do it. He knows it's pointless but he's afraid to say that to the governor.

Couldn't fault Rick and co. for tossing the cabin guy out to the walkers either, as brutal as it was, it was their only choice at the moment.
It's the same thing Shane did to Otis, only back then it seemed like such a horrible thing to do. My, how a year in the apocalypse has changed us all.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:27 am

supermodel wrote:
Couldn't fault Rick and co. for tossing the cabin guy out to the walkers either, as brutal as it was, it was their only choice at the moment.
It's the same thing Shane did to Otis, only back then it seemed like such a horrible thing to do. My, how a year in the apocalypse has changed us all.


This caught my attention. I honestly tried to think of how it wasn't the same - and the only thing I could think of is the fact that the guy was clearly nuts - but it didn't work. It really was very much the same - Rick hasn't been one to shy away from throwing someone to the wolves to put the group in a safer position this season. Things def. have changed.
Image
User avatar
DharmaLager
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Well, Michonne put her sword through the guy's neck, so it is different from what Shane did. Rick didn't kill the guy.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Sorry, but it is different. The guy was about to open the door and let a bunch zombies in, which would have put everyone's lives directly on the line. With Shane and Otis, yeah, the zombies were on their tail but we don't know for sure that they couldn't get away. There was a still a chance, however slim. And on a more basic level, Shane didn't kill Otis, just wounded him and left him to be ripped apart by the zombies, which was brutal. At least Michonne killed the guy before they tossed him to the walkers. I see it as very different.

And yeah, I'm sure the Governor is forcing Milton to do his experiments, but I'm not so sure Milton thinks its pointless. I got the feeling that he genuinely believed he could do some good.
Image
User avatar
CLDeangrl
Guest Star
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm
Location: North Central NJ
Gender: Female

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 am

CLDeangrl wrote:
And yeah, I'm sure the Governor is forcing Milton to do his experiments, but I'm not so sure Milton thinks its pointless. I got the feeling that he genuinely believed he could do some good.


I get this sense as well. I don't think Milton completely hates what he's doing. He seems like he really cares about his work and not just because he's being forced into doing something - but he has a sense of passion in what he believes could be good results for humanity. Why else would he risk his neck the day he did - only to be saved by Andrea? Could be stupidity - but not with Milton's case .
Image
User avatar
DharmaLager
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 pm

DharmaLager wrote:
CLDeangrl wrote:
And yeah, I'm sure the Governor is forcing Milton to do his experiments, but I'm not so sure Milton thinks its pointless. I got the feeling that he genuinely believed he could do some good.


I get this sense as well. I don't think Milton completely hates what he's doing. He seems like he really cares about his work and not just because he's being forced into doing something - but he has a sense of passion in what he believes could be good results for humanity. Why else would he risk his neck the day he did - only to be saved by Andrea? Could be stupidity - but not with Milton's case .


What I gathered was that Milton believes he can find a cure....He's just ignorant to the realities as Andrea found out when she asked if he'd ever seen someone change.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
What I gathered was that Milton believes he can find a cure....He's just ignorant to the realities as Andrea found out when she asked if he'd ever seen someone change.


Can't disagree - I think this is key to the entire Woodbury plot. Their entire town - aside from the Gov's key men - is completely clueless it seems to the real danger that exists. It's an advantage that team prison should have in any kind of battle.
Image
User avatar
DharmaLager
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm

DharmaLager wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:
What I gathered was that Milton believes he can find a cure....He's just ignorant to the realities as Andrea found out when she asked if he'd ever seen someone change.


Can't disagree - I think this is key to the entire Woodbury plot. Their entire town - aside from the Gov's key men - is completely clueless it seems to the real danger that exists. It's an advantage that team prison should have in any kind of battle.



Yep...that's the sense I got too. The Governor has managed to keep them all sheltered so they really have no concept about what it's like out there on the front lines. Though Merle obviously knows and that girl Andrea was talking to on the wall was talking about her family members being killed, so some of them obviously have at least some idea of the darker side of things. Still, as you said, the general sense of naivete should be a help for Rick and co., although it could also hamper them because it may be harder to convince the rest of the people in Woodbury of what it's really like out there...kind of like they had to work to bring Hershel around. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Image
User avatar
CLDeangrl
Guest Star
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm
Location: North Central NJ
Gender: Female

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:12 am

Geeze...I knew the mid-season finale was going to be a doozy but that surprised even me!

Kudos to Carl for showing he's got a set. Not the way I expected Tyrese to be introduced...thought he was going to be in Woodbury. But I'm liking that development.

As for Woodbury...once again, Glen stepped up big time. Any kind of weapon in a storm, but dayum!

And then the whole Governor/Michonne thing. I was wondering where that was heading...didn't think they'd kill off that major a character so soon but wow!!

And you knew Michonne showing up, even if she hadn't attacked the Governor, was going to **** him off, knowing Merle had lied to him. So as soon as they started showing him giving his little speech in the fight club area I knew it didn't bode well for Merle or Daryl. I have a sick feeling they're going to make them fight each other. Either way, it's not looking good for the Dixon boys. They kill of Daryl and I will lose it.

And through it all Andrea stands around looking like a deer in the headlights. Does she have to be hit directly over the head to get the point that the Governor is not a good guy?! GEEZE!

So now we wait till February...damn this show. They always leave us hanging big time!!
Image
User avatar
CLDeangrl
Guest Star
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm
Location: North Central NJ
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

cron