[Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 am

JacobsMom wrote:I actually loved this last episode! So many great moments but I also need to do a rewatch.

Did anyone else miss a few minutes of the program right after the Ford commercial in the last 15 minutes? I will now have to go online to catch what I missed as Walter goes with Donald to get the things needed. When the screen finally "unfreezed" after the commercial, all I saw was the two of them in conversation. :x

Darth,my understanding from Donald was that he DID hide Michael in that space underground in the blue universe. I'm sure he knew that those men would find him. Remember how that man didn't want to set the explosives because he had a "feeling" something wasn't right? I believe that is exactly where Donald/September took Michael. I'll never forget that last scene where the Michael looks out the back window of the car and sees September on the sidewalk. How wonderful to know now that September was his biological father. :wub:

Ya. I just was trying to figure out if the amber timeline had been here the whole time and this episode confirmed my suspicion. September said he hid him "in the past", he didn't really say when or confirm it was the previous time line, but it does seem likely that it is in 'the past of the other time line', given that exchange between Michael and September...(But in "Inner Child" the CIA agent, also named Agent Michaels, confirms that there are more than one of them...and Anomaly XB####### suggests that there are many anomalies...)

"The Boy Must Live"

Thoughts and Questions about "The Plan" - It seems like if this is really going to work, then Michael would have to touch the scientists to heal them, since they already believe emotions are not intellectually progressive. I am not sure though that they wouldn't still create Observers, after meeting Michael, but perhaps a different kind? -Additionally if the plan would stop all creation of the Observers, then this would mean September would no longer exist. :cry: I'm torn now if Walter isn't suppose to remember the plan, because he is suppose to to figure out another way, or if not remembering the plan is part of the plan???

That last part brings me back to some more Eastern Philosophy nods in the episode. Walter and Peter pass a distinct Asian women when preparing to board the monorails. September/Donald also tells Walter when discussing the missing White Tulip that 'Only Walter Knows Where He Put It!" -and this goes with the philosophy behind Peter's favorite book: "if You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him!", as it's meant to teach you that only you can know what things mean to you, and not to take someone else's word at face value. This leads back to the idea, that even "if" September and Michael know, the point is for Walter to experience remembering for himself, just like his decision to sacrifice himself.

And back to plan again, Walter takes out his "Black Umbrella" when going to September's/Donald's apartment and Donald was named for the actor in "Singing in the Rain". -Nice tie backs to Walter's mother (loved musicals and show tunes), but also nice winks back at Lost with Desmond in "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and Charlie 'singing "Wonderwall" in the rain, as Desmond I believed was networking memories from various time lines...

Another Lost shout out was "the music box". This one played Scarborough Fair"
From Wiki:
Scaborough Fair is a traditional ballad of Great Britain and more precisely Yorkshire.
The song relates the tale of a young man who instructs the listener to tell his former love to perform for him a series of impossible tasks, such as making him a shirt without a seam and then washing it in a dry well, adding that if she completes these tasks he will take her back. Often the song is sung as a duet, with the woman then giving her lover a series of equally impossible tasks, promising to give him his seamless shirt once he has finished.

This goes with Fringe's initial tagline and perhaps final mission: Imagine the Impossible!

The Key "A Minor" was also mentioned again. It was mentioned a few episodes back. It is known as a "sad" key.

Unresolved Issue: Is Peter using the implant an anomaly, or is it just regarded by the Observers as a defect, as human emotions may not achieve the best results??

And wasn't Donald captured? (Edwin - "The Recordist") How did he escape??

Can the Observers be healed by Michael? Can Michael change Windmark? -Can music change them? (Loved the Jazz record scene! Curious that Windmark would listen at all and then his partner seemed to really enjoy the the rythem!)

And then we have the possibility that what 2167 was not mentioned...as the red universe could have one too! -This might be the key into why the red universe is important. -That they relate to Observer evolution in some way?!

I like seeing Olivia really wanting her daughter back! For once she's not just doing her job for everyone else, she's finally doing something for personal reasons and is showing regrets...

Great episode! Truly loved it!
------------

Stand corrected. I'm told it is Greensleeves not Scarborough Fair. -It's been a while since I heard either. My apologies...

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am

After a rewatch and a chance to see what I missed earlier by seeing the whole online episode, I thought the episode was very good! :thumbsup:

When Walter startles Peter at the very beginning, I thought he sounded a lot like Walternate to me. In fact, all through the whole episode Walter seems to become this confident, new improved Walter after his "vision" from Michael. It's almost like Michael has given Walter back his courage, which is a nice reference to "The Wizard of Oz". :) I'm sure this is also like Walter told September/Donald that Michael gave him these images/memories to help Walter cope with the fact that he will sacrifice himself as the plan unfolds. Walter has come full circle at last. :(

I found it very interesting that tptb used "Greensleeves" for the music box, which is also "What child is this?" a Christmas hymn that could reference Michael as the "chosen one/Christ child" to help humans survive this threat. Hearing September/Donald tell us that Michael is far more superior than anyone else makes me believe that Michael was meant to have a special purpose in this plan. I actually think that Michael knew he needed to get off the monorail and then make it leave so that the others wouldn't be caught. To me, Widmark will probably not realize that with Michael, he has finally met his match. Michael is more powerful, smarter and intelligent than Widmark even knows.

I also loved that scene in September/Donald's apartment as Widmark can't resist the piano. It was nice to see the snowglobe again and interesting to see a bible too. The radio with the jazz music and the toe tapping was great! I loved how they both looked down at his foot trying to figure out what was happening before September almost blew them up!! :thumbup: My thoughts about these Observers in this time reminds me at the beginning of the season with Observers enjoying the night club atmosphere. I think they may have been slowly becoming more sensitive to stimuli that has given them back certain feelings again. Somehow their brains are once again adapting to emotions that were eliminated in the future.

My favorite scenes had to be with Walter and Peter. The bond between the characters/actors has really come a long way from season 1. :wub: I also love the return to the father/son theme with the fact that September/Donald and Michael are one more example for the viewers. The return of September is perfect and I'm not concerned about how this plan is all going to work perfectly in the "real world". To me the show has come full circle from season 1 and I like how things are winding down to the 2 hour finale. :D
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to you guys and goodbye to our wonderful show! :cry: Hopefully most of us will find the finale acceptable and I hope we will feel that we can forever pass the white tulip onward! Be back either late tonight or tomorrow! It's been fun, as always, guys! :DImage

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:15 pm

:D May the gods of amazing endings bless this one with their presence!!! Last FRINGE episode. Wow.

Yesterday I finished playing the Mass Effect trilogy and those games are probably the best story driven games ever made, but the ending was so disconnected from the rest of the story, so painfully bad... I just need one amazing ending... Yeah. So FRINGE, please don't disappoint!!!
:unsure:
Last edited by WJames on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WJames
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

I can't believe it took me a week to post about the last epi. Just too caught up in work this week.

I am a bit worried about Olivia getting her hopes up. In last week's episode she told Peter she was all excited because the reset will bring Etta back. Peter didn't look too sure, and we all know why. Donald says if all goes as planned then the Observers will never exist. Which means September will not interrupt Walternate, therefore Walter will not kidnap Peter and will not set in motion the events that brought Peter and Olivia together. At least that is what was playing out across Peter's face in that moment. I suppose it could actually work out that what happened happened, something else caused Peter to cross over and become part of Olivia's life, but I don;t think that is what Peter was thinking.

All season I figured Walter would have to make a sacrifice to redeem himself, and I thought death was a good possibility, but now I am less sure how it will play out. I think they played up his "sacrifice" so obviously that it has to be a red herring. I'm thinking sacrifice doesn't necessarily mean death. Perhaps Walter sacrificing himself means that he has to accept the brain pieces and be turned into Mean Walter. Maybe it means that in resetting timeline he ends spending his life in the psych ward, without the Observers Olivia has no reason to spring him and so he just stays there and never forms a family with the Fringe team.

Also I think the plan is never going to be executed. Michael was listening to every word, and at the end he surrendered himself to Windmark. I think the big Walter plan will not go as expected, it might not be executed at all, because I think Michael has his own plan and his own sacrifice to make.

Can't wait to see what happens!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 pm

^Yes, I also wonder If a reset does happen, will it only affect the Observers and just erase them from the timeline while keeping everything else or will it have other consequences, like Walter never crossing into the Redverse because September never interfered with Walternate, so Peter never meets blue Olivia, etc. A bittersweet ending where they all live their lives never knowing what happened. Like the ending in the only good movie Ashton Kutcher ever made, The Butterfly Effect. :P
WJames
Guest Star

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 am

Here's to Fringe and to a wonderful forum to discuss our episodes for the last 5 years. :rockon: I'm really going to miss this show but I'm glad we were given this last chance to have a real ending and not some last minute finish before FOX pulled the plug. :lol:

I am feeling good after reading what Joel W. said about the way the ending is going to go down. It sounds like there will be closure and the characters will all get their own happy endings, whatever that means. I'm satisfied with how this season has played out so far, and am both anxious and sad to see it all end. :cry:

Thanks especially to Darth for all her amazing analysis on this show. She also kept this forum going, along with supermodel, with their constant links and information on the latest with Fringe. Good job!! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:44 am

"Liberty" and "Enemy of Fate"

I thought everything was perfect all the way through until the last 5 mins...I want to watch it again before I get to caught up in my own opinion :unsure: , but I felt that the ending was too open ended, too existential, and to some degree nihilistic by not allowing there to be a bigger acknowledgement of knowing what they went through to get "here".

I'm not found of not knowing about the future of the Observers, the future of Walter & Michael, not seeing the new Nina, Broyles, or to even really seeing a better future for Etta, Olivia, and Peter...and that Walter just looks like he disappeared in 2015, as opposed to really sacrificing himself in 2036. Fate was dealt with in a non committal manner, as it was all left to wind.

It did appear like Olivia had a Deja Vu moment in the park and maybe Peter having one the first time ever when he opens the tulip, suggesting he was on 'the right path' now...

Everything else I thought was beautiful :wub: ...
In some ways, I guess it is nice that we can each imagine what happened, or what happens next, but I would have preferred a bolder statement about what those things are...

But I am sure I will be alone on this, and that is cool :P

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:08 pm

All logic aside and obvious holes in the plot and all the time traveling conundrum... in the end I just didn't care about it. The ending was beautiful. I loved those last 5 minutes! :wub: :D

And when I think about it, what Fringe gave me in the end, in the way it ended, with a sacrifice that actually means something, that is what I wished back when Lost ended. I don't care about afterlife or some prime universe/level of existance where our consciousness may return once our days here are expired, I care about all the joy and love this life has to offer. Lindelof lost himself in trying to facilitate "a meaningful world" after death that he forgot to give meaning to this one. Jack's sacrifice, Charlie's, Sayid's, they all rung hollow to me. Walter's didn't!!!

Thank you Fringe!

p.s. Noble and Jackson were absolutely amazing. Brilliant acting.

EDIT (more thoughts):

Darth as you said the ending is open to interpretation, so here goes mine. Thanks to Walter and Michael the Observers are still created, but they are empaths now. They still come and Observe, this time out of curiosity (thanks to Walter's legacy from 2167 onward). Everything happens as it did, s1-3, s4, everything except season 5 2015-2036. In 2015 on that fateful day when the observers were suppose to invade, this is when Walter is erased from existence.

BUT it is slightly different then how it happened in Peter's case. In 2015 Walter just physically disappears and if Peter went searching for him, he would never find him and he would never know how, why or where... But here comes the satisfying part: He does know, white tulip was the trigger that gave him all of the memories of 2036!!! :D
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 pm

WJames wrote:All logic aside and obvious holes in the plot and all the time traveling conundrum... in the end I just didn't care about it. The ending was beautiful. I loved those last 5 minutes! :wub: :D

And when I think about it, what Fringe gave me in the end, in the way it ended, with a sacrifice that actually means something, that is what I wished back when Lost ended. I don't care about afterlife or some prime universe/level of existance where our consciousness may return once our days here are expired, I care about all the joy and love this life has to offer. Lindelof lost himself in trying to facilitate "a meaningful world" after death that he forgot to give meaning to this one. Jack's sacrifice, Charlie's, Sayid's, they all rung hollow to me. Walter's didn't!!!

Thank you Fringe!

p.s. Noble and Jackson were absolutely amazing. Brilliant acting.

EDIT (more thoughts):

Darth as you said the ending is open to interpretation, so here goes mine. Thanks to Walter and Michael the Observers are still created, but they are empaths now. They still come and Observe, this time out of curiosity (thanks to Walter's legacy from 2167 onward). Everything happens as it did, s1-3, s4, everything except season 5 2015-2036. In 2015 on that fateful day when the observers were suppose to invade, this is when Walter is erased from existence.

BUT it is slightly different then how it happened in Peter's case. In 2015 Walter just physically disappears and if Peter went searching for him, he would never find him and he would never know how, why or where... But here comes the satisfying part: He does know, white tulip was the trigger that gave him all of the memories of 2036!!! :D

I have opposite feelings because in LOST the beginnings of the FS showed us part of the new future they made, which included them not only being in somewhat better places (no Island), but more directly in each other's lives and together still and Jack and Juliet in particular were rewarded with better understandings, because of the "new" life created (David)...

Additionally if Walter's plan followed suit, then Peter went to the lab and found the tape, which allowed them to know where Walter is. (But I don't buy they would just accept this or never look for Walter or that Walter would never find a way to see/view them, or that Michael wouldn't want Walter to be happy) I don't think Walter deserved that, because I don't think it was all Walter's fault.

My biggest gripe is September, and not knowing if the Observers are completely wiped out (minus Michael), or just 'changed'.

We have no definitive proof that either Peter or Olivia know what they all went through and that is dissatisfying to me. To not acknowledge Walter's disappearance, to not see Nina, Broyles, or poor Astrid again, To not know what became of the Observers, if September lives or not, to not know how Peter could be "here" without September, to not know why The Observers wanted to invade this era to begin with, not really knowing if Etta will really have a better future now, ect, all leave the doors open to endless amounts of fan fiction and a huge disconnect from what t they so beautifully endured to get here.

We can all assume whatever we like, but it doesn't make it cannon to the series, only to ourselves. The show now becomes about our individualized perspectives on reality, instead of it being about something in particular. As September said, there are always reason, but like Peter getting this white tulip, it's meaning, the reason of it is lost or changes because we don't see them come to learn what happened. Why go through it, to not have learned something? Why have a conscience if not to build upon it? Why create a future that the audience doesn't get experience is better?

IMO it avoids a lot of questions and gives us endless of debates, as it is all left "uncertain" with no garentees.

I can only hope that September's Notebook and the Zodiac Paradox might give me better resolution.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 am

Let me be totally honest. I agree with you, completely. All we are left with is our headcanon. They didn't even try to resolve the reset/time traveling conundrum and its implications. Hell, the first thing that came to my mind when December made a surprise comeback was: Why doesn't he take Michael to 2167? Or why didn't Donald stuck a new device in his neck and solve everything way back in 2015? Does the year 2036 with Peter, Olivia and Astrid waiting to be captured by the invaders on the street still exist somewhere and the newly created timeline is actually another universe? How is it possible for the bald bastards to wreak havoc in the past and have a static non-changing future/their present? Is Walter's deletion only corporeal in 2015 or even the memory of him is erased from everyone? Then how is it possible for Peter and Olivia to be together and have a daughter if Walter never came into play? If he did come into play, then when and how? Observers don't exist? Observers still exist but are changed, empaths? What was so special about amberverse 2015 and not some other timeline/universe that they decided invade just then and there?

None of these questions are properly addressed in the show. Maybe they are just plot holes, possibilities not taken into consideration by Wyman. I don't know and I don't care. At least today, at least for now.

It is funny how differently we see some things, what made you satisfied in Lost, actually made me disappointed. The sideways world was just an illusion, a trick, a lie, a fantasy, something not real and yet for all the talk about how everything on that Island happened and was REAL and it was suppose to matter...But it didn't, 90% of the people suffered and died for nothing. The lie, the fantasy, that was suppose to give us satisfaction, be the reward for our characters. I hate that kind of writing with a passion. Besides, Lindelof tried hard to answer most of the questions in the end and for me it would have been better if he didn't. I know most have their gripe with Lost because they actually didn't understand the lame answers they got. The stupidity of the central conflict between Jacob/MiB etc., just bad, bad writing. Besides, most of the characters became parodies of themselves by the time season 6 closed its curtains. Sayid comes to mind when horrific writing is in question, with his infection, or crazy Claire.

Characterization is that area where Fringe flew by and surpassed Lost by a galactic mile! Its characters remained true to themselves and had actually beautifully and organically evolved! For me all the flaws listed above, are forgivable because of that. Walter's, Peter's and Olivia's journey was beautifully written, with a sense and a purpose, never did they become shallow, cardboard versions of themselves. Nina, Broyles, Astrid also. So when in the end Peter mouths: I love you dad with tears in his eyes it is a true testament to how well written those characters were, because Walter earned that love and we the audience know that, feel that and connect with that. And when Walter walks through that portal we DO get to see the effects of his sacrifice! We get to see a lovely young couple playing with their daughter and this time she is NOT grabbed and taken from their arms! They get to finish playing and then drive home. They have a chance to live a normal life. Etta's fate is changed. The ultimate gift for both Peter and Olivia and the final act of redemption for Walter Bishop. This satisfied me more then I imagined it ever could. Wyman didn't do any crazy twists, no sudden revelations, just a nice emotionally powerful ending that was promised to us. And IMO, It was the best way to go. The white tulip was just a nice final touch.

I also think that Rick was right. Fringe in the end chose the VHS tape that was re-written many times approach, deciding not to utilize its multiverse possibilities. What I got from that convo between Peter and Walter was exactly what they said. Walter will disappears in 2015 physically and that's it. They'd still remember him and everything from s1-4, he just wouldn't be there. The 2015-2036 part of the tape is what will get re-written. What white tulip accomplished IMO, is to give Peter the memories of 2036, that is how I see it.

Anyways, It's getting late here so I have to stop now. Darth it was a privilege reading all your thoughts and theories through the years, they taught me a lot and broadened my horizons. I truly am sorry that the ending left you disappointed, I know how it feels :( but I hope that unlike my feelings for Lost, yours do change and you get some satisfaction from it all. See ya later! ;)
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 am

^No it's cool. To each their own. :) (and thank you!) I just felt like the flash sideways showed me where they were going. To me the FS wasn't not real, it was ethereal and had it's own unique set of quantum mechanics. It's true Lost dind't resolve things in a direct way, but I felt I had a lot more to work with and I felt confident that the beginnings of the FS are the 2004-era of the next time line that they move on to. To me there was resolve because the ethereal was the preservation of 'all of us' being able to work our way to a better place after several iterations of life times. -That we can go through hell and back (dealing directly with the Island) and face existentialism, for the sake of the experience, meeting people that become important to us, and making sure we have infinity chances to come to terms with ourselves and know we are never alone and to some degree we make better futures all the time by coming to terms with our problems...There was a fated dynamic to it, even in the end.

With Fringe, as I said before, it's always been a juxtaposition to Lost and it's ending is also. I just don't like having to rely on myself for nearly all of the answers, because they chose to not let me see any resolve, except the Observers do not invade on that day...

Sure I can hope all I want, and in my mind have my ending for the show that suits me, but to me it's the unofficial official and doesn't really let me hope, as much as wonder what it was all for, since I can't prove any truth to myself, because there is no physical proof.

It doesn't ruin the show for me. I will watch it over and over again, but I do feel that the characters deserved to know the results of what they endured and it would have been nice for the audience to know some good actually came out of all the sacrificing.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 pm

DarthLocke wrote:^No it's cool. To each their own. :) (and thank you!) I just felt like the flash sideways showed me where they were going. To me the FS wasn't not real, it was ethereal and had it's own unique set of quantum mechanics. It's true Lost dind't resolve things in a direct way, but I felt I had a lot more to work with and I felt confident that the beginnings of the FS are the 2004-era of the next time line that they move on to. To me there was resolve because the ethereal was the preservation of 'all of us' being able to work our way to a better place after several iterations of life times. -That we can go through hell and back (dealing directly with the Island) and face existentialism, for the sake of the experience, meeting people that become important to us, and making sure we have infinity chances to come to terms with ourselves and know we are never alone and to some degree we make better futures all the time by coming to terms with our problems...There was a fated dynamic to it, even in the end.

With Fringe, as I said before, it's always been a juxtaposition to Lost and it's ending is also. I just don't like having to rely on myself for nearly all of the answers, because they chose to not let me see any resolve, except the Observers do not invade on that day...

Sure I can hope all I want, and in my mind have my ending for the show that suits me, but to me it's the unofficial official and doesn't really let me hope, as much as wonder what it was all for, since I can't prove any truth to myself, because there is no physical proof.

It doesn't ruin the show for me. I will watch it over and over again, but I do feel that the characters deserved to know the results of what they endured and it would have been nice for the audience to know some good actually came out of all the sacrificing.

You are welcome. :) Trust me, it did, Wyman surely wanted us to think just that. That this family now has a chance of spending a rather boring but normal life.

Here, these two reviews roughly, I repeat roughly represent yours and mine outlook on the finale:
http://www.hitfix.com/monkeys-as-critics/fringe-recap-liberty-an-enemy-of-fate - very critical
http://www.avclub.com/articles/libertyan-enemy-of-fate,90861/ - not so much

Also, another question popped to me. With all the stuff the Observers did in 2036, how come that they are still created in 2167. Wouldn't that scientist in Oslo, know by default how evil baldies are? The only explanation that comes to mind is that the Observers knew that they had to invade in order to be created...

I think it really is for the best not to analyze things to much because it all falls apart when logic is introduced. Maybe that Notebook will indeed answer all these nagging questions. We'll see.
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Ok. Now putting my issues with the way it was left aside, I think I will write about what I liked about or found interesting about it and what my ideal next chapter would be...

The interesting thing about season 5 in general is how we both got see role reversals, but yet also repeats of similar events.

There were plenty of parallels to the machines (season 3), including allegedly again having another machine give us a reset, or a rewrite.
Walter continued to repeat this idea of using children as a type of weapon and taking them away from their parents, but the juxtaposition here was that finally what William Bell's season 1 manifesto suggested, they needed someone to fight for the future, additionally Michael and his father wanted this path. So it wasn't against anyone's will. But even though the scene of Walter taking Michael through the worm hole parallels Walter taking young red Peter from 'the other side', Walter also steps into the role of Peter (The Day We Died) by taking something advanced to another time to attempt to change it.

Blue Olivia had always been a character who really struggled for doing things that were purely personal. The one time we actually saw it was when she went to get Peter and warn him about the machine(s) at the end of season 2. Season 5 gave Olivia a nice story about a time where perhaps she doesn't do what she should have. A time where she let her daughter go before it was really time. I think in a lot of ways Olivia has a great intuition, but that it often thwarts her being able to enjoy certain experiences. So it was nice to see her gain a bit of faith, go after Peter again and to want to fight for another chance to be with her daughter.

Peter's story has often been about proving himself and he became a man who really cared about his family, but like certian parts of his father and his father's counter parts, Peter has struggled with loosing himself to hate. It was fun to see him almost Observer himself and interesting that the show ended with the memory of what should of have been one of the greatest days in Peter's life.

It's hard to go further with out having answers to other questions, but my ideal next chapter would be...

That at least the 12 Observers were made anyways with Michael's help, and Michael gives September his counterpart's memories, but after that, other Observers were made more like Michael...and they helped humanity.

Walter was able to view the past of new time line with either Michael's help, or with another kind of viewing device and every once in a while he would visit (because maybe 2167+ has some better time travel tech), but not directly interfere...

The Fringe division never gave up on looking for him, even through they knew he was in the future from watching the video tape. Some times they would receive letters and videos from Walter in mail. And there are moments when Peter and Olivia occasionally remember bits of pieces of what had happened, so they could truly cherish what they have.

Maybe in the future other issues/terrorists arise to want the hurt the Observers and Walter can help them. Maybe Walter meets and helps other relatives and other kinds of Fringe divisions. :)

In Multiple Universe or Many Worlds Theory, there really should be no paradoxes, because there is more than one of everything and I can only hope we weren't left in memory loss, but just in the process of getting it all back again.
Last edited by DarthLocke on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 pm

^ :)
WJames
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]