ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Re: [OFFICIAL] Doctor Who Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby Oyerth on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:39 am

I love Matt. :D
I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool.
Oyerth
Extra

Postby CJ Sonic on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 pm

New trailer looks awesome.

Youtube from blogtor who

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Bearded Doctor :O Naked(?) River :O Green Eyed Ood :O Creepy dolls :O

Stetson ;)

Looks epic :thumbsup:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby CJ Sonic on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 pm

With the new episode being aired to press and select public the spoilers are running around the internet.

I have read them from a number of sources and a lot are saying the same things. Majority of people though are keeping quiet about what happens because they think people should not know.

have any of you guys gave in? ive read them and the episodes sound awesome

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Postby lost on Thu May 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Arthur Darville has discussed this weeks episode -> Arthur Darvill has teased that the conclusion to this week's Doctor Who is "the end to end all endings".

'The Almost People' is the second half of the current two-parter. Darvill stated that the final scenes of the penultimate instalment before the show takes a mid-series break are "a biggie".

"Right, I'm going to be very diplomatic about this," he said. "There are really things that up the stakes about how much danger they're in, affecting each other, and how much danger the Doctor (Matt Smith) is putting Amy (Karen Gillan) in. But Rory feels a responsibility to keep everyone safe.

"There's the ending to end all endings in this episode. I'm not saying exactly what it is, but it's a biggie!

"Saying that, there's a terrific cliffhanger in the next story, in episode seven. You won't want to miss that either."

Showrunner Steven Moffatt previously teased that episode six concludes with "an absolute cracker of a cliffhanger", in advance of the "enormous, game-changing" one in the following episode.
lost
Show Expert

Postby MTroy21 on Sat May 28, 2011 5:33 pm

I was rereading this old Den of Geek Article about hints for Series 6, in particular this quote “You’ll see The Doctor’s life change forever. You will gasp at the true nature of his relationship with Amy and cry out in horror as Rory Williams stumbles to the brink of a tragic mistake.” (see http://www.denofgeek.com/television/608 ... ies_6.html). I did some digging on the tardis.wiki. specifically on the Doctor's family, and came of up with the following theory: Amy Pond is the Doctor's long lost wife. Here is some of my reasoning.

1) During the first episode of Series 5, he refers to Amy as "the girl who waited", the Doctor's wife was named "Patience." (see tardis.wiki.com/wiki/patience)
2) Patience supposedly perished in the Anti-matter world universe of Omega, another character who was speculated to be returning last Series. All kinds of things escaped through the cracks in the universe in Series 5, what if Patience, and even Omega somehow found a way to escape the same way? It stands to reason that Amy, with such a prolonged and close proximity to the crack could have served as a convenient vessel for the essence to seep into, like a human Fob watch. But as we saw with Donna the memories of a Time Lord can burn up a human brain, the memories have been suppressed to protect the host.
3) She has shown to be rather adept at not only learning how to operate the TARDIS but figuring out 'how' it works. We saw this in "The Lodger" and more recently in "The Doctor's Wife" when she knew the passcode for the door to the archived control room had to be mentally activated.
4) Amy's mystery pregnancy. If we assume that the child from Series 6's premiere episode is Amy's daughter, who it seems can regenerate, at least on of her parents is a Time Lord/Lady. This could lead to Rory making the wrong assumption that the child is also the Doctor's.
5) The Eye Patched Lady. The most common theory is that she is some kind of guard watching over Amy. I agree with this and will go farther to say that she is a future echo that Amy is seeing, similar to how a Time Lord can see all potentialities at every moment. Might be a sign that Amy is unconsciously accessing Patience's powers as a Time Lady.
6) Of all the places and of all the people the TARDIS could have taken the Doctor at the beginning of Series 5 during a time of crisis, why Amy's back yard? It can't just all be coincidence.
7) Aside from the self titled episode this Series, a running theme the past two Series has been the "Doctor's Wife." Everyone keeps assuming it's River because of their flirty banter and mysterious relationship. She never confirms or denies it though, and a lot of the times I find myself seeing similarities between his relationship with River and his relationship with Jack. There's a lot of love and dedication there, but also hints of missed opportunities.

This is probably all rubbish, and I'm not a huge expert on the classic series so I welcome any and all feedback/corrections counter points :)
MTroy21
Viewer

Postby lost on Sat May 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Prequel to next weeks Cybermen episode is online -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h74x2

IT'S THE DOCTOR'S CHILD!?!?!

Edit: There's also the trailer for next weeks episode :) I'm excited!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_NLjHUKEro&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
lost
Show Expert

Postby UndieGirl on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Steven Moffat on Twitter -
For all of you who keep on, yes, you will find out who River is tomorrow. Thing is though - was that what you were REALLY asking?

He really needs to stop Answering questions with questions. Are we excited to find out who River Song is?
UndieGirl
Show Expert

Postby UndieGirl on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Video
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/ ... _110604_02

Coming soon...

04th Jun 2011

What a start to the series... The Silence! Pirates! The TARDIS! Amy avatar! River! And the most amazing finale. But what happens next?

In the video above, Steven Moffat and Alex Kingston sum up what we've learnt so far this series, and hint at secrets yet to be unlocked. Doctor Who will be back later this year with the remaining six episodes of the current series. The first one's called Let's Kill Hitler and was written by Steven Moffat.

We know Mark Gatiss has also written one of the upcoming adventures and he's promised us monsters that are the creepiest things ever! Given that Mark's previous scripts for the show include The Idiot's Lantern and The Unquiet Dead, two stories packed with chilling moments, it looks likely his latest episode will have plenty more hide-behind-the-sofa scenes!

We can look forward to the return of James Corden, last seen in The Lodger and David Walliams is also onboard, appearing in an episode written by Toby Whithouse, whose previous Doctor Who scripts include School Reunion and The Vampires of Venice.

In the weeks ahead we'll be bringing you plenty more information about the second half of the series. We'll have interviews with the writers, cast members and some very special video exclusives... More about those soon!

In the meantime, don't forget you can watch A Good Man Goes to War online, plus all the Prequels - to episode 1, episode 3 and episode 7. The following six episodes seem a long way away but the TARDIS will be back before you know it.

The Doctor will return!

From the BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110604_02
UndieGirl
Show Expert

Postby lost on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:49 pm

David Walliams epic :P

Be interested in how they incorporate James Corden back into the show!
lost
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Finally some DW love after the finale! First up, the trailer: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/doctor ... ailer.html

And it premieres in almost a month, August 27! I'm glad it wasn't until September.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:42 am

Christmas Episode Photo.

Larger Image.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

PreviousNext