[Official] Fringe - S5 Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] Fringe - S5 Spoilers and Speculation

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm

rtterry3225 wrote:Hey Ladies and gentlemen! :)

I have come across some BIG HUGE GIANT!!! 5x11 spoilers.

I was wondering if I could post them here or if it would be too HUGE?

Just to clarify beforehand these are from a source I will not name, but he has access to reviewers copies and has pre-screened the episode last week. These spoilers are major plot spoilers, twists, and other stuff like that, some has the context spoiled, some doesn't. Most of it is from 5x11 but there are a couple of small tid-bits that have to do with 5x12, and 5x13. I'll leave it at this for now until I get a response.

I would put a link in "The Final Thread" since there are some spoilers about that mixed in and because these sound like REALLY big spoilers for 5x11...

Series Finale Thread:
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=23521

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby rtterry3225 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
rtterry3225 wrote:Hey Ladies and gentlemen! :)

I have come across some BIG HUGE GIANT!!! 5x11 spoilers.

I was wondering if I could post them here or if it would be too HUGE?

Just to clarify beforehand these are from a source I will not name, but he has access to reviewers copies and has pre-screened the episode last week. These spoilers are major plot spoilers, twists, and other stuff like that, some has the context spoiled, some doesn't. Most of it is from 5x11 but there are a couple of small tid-bits that have to do with 5x12, and 5x13. I'll leave it at this for now until I get a response.

I would put a link in "The Final Thread" since there are some spoilers about that mixed in and because these sound like REALLY big spoilers for 5x11...

Series Finale Thread:
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=23521

Sorry I was actually posting these in a new thread at the exact moment i saw your email pop up. So forgive me if this messes anything up, but I figure these deserved their own dedicated thread to avoid unwanted looks. :D
For: Haven and Fringe

Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on FaceBook!
rtterry3225
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi gang. I took a break from the internets over Christmas, I was visiting my parents. Didn't even log on to email for seven days, it was like the 1980s.

Time travel to 2609. Captain Windmark blips into the distant future to get some answers -- and he admits that he's become consumed by the idea of eliminating Walter, Peter, and Olivia from existence entirely.
This is interesting. All the while Peter had the implant in his head, I had a nagging feeling about his thirst for revenge. If Observers don't feel emotion, how was Peter able to maintain his anger at Windmark and pursue him so doggedly? And now the same thing with Windmark, he is "consumed by" the idea of eliminating the Fringe team, where does that come from if not emotion? I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Sorry I was actually posting these in a new thread at the exact moment i saw your email pop up. So forgive me if this messes anything up, but I figure these deserved their own dedicated thread to avoid unwanted looks. :D
Thanks for doing that. I try to be "spoiler lite" for season/series finales. I have access to the screener but the site I write for has not assigned me a review, so I have been debating whether or not I want to watch it. Perhaps I will give it a look this weekend and then come over to the thread and discuss it with you.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:32 pm

supermodel wrote:Hi gang. I took a break from the internets over Christmas, I was visiting my parents. Didn't even log on to email for seven days, it was like the 1980s.

Time travel to 2609. Captain Windmark blips into the distant future to get some answers -- and he admits that he's become consumed by the idea of eliminating Walter, Peter, and Olivia from existence entirely.
This is interesting. All the while Peter had the implant in his head, I had a nagging feeling about his thirst for revenge. If Observers don't feel emotion, how was Peter able to maintain his anger at Windmark and pursue him so doggedly? And now the same thing with Windmark, he is "consumed by" the idea of eliminating the Fringe team, where does that come from if not emotion? I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for doing that. I try to be "spoiler lite" for season/series finales. I have access to the screener but the site I write for has not assigned me a review, so I have been debating whether or not I want to watch it. Perhaps I will give it a look this weekend and then come over to the thread and discuss it with you.

Well in regards to Peter we gather that the less of those other "good" kinds of emotions fade, has to do with the duration of the implant. In Peter's case it was not "permanent" yet according to Walter.

I agree that the Observers have emotions, but Fringe writers are trying to make it easier to understand the idea that they can't "love" or have compassion, by saying they don't feel. (which you and I know they do feel, just only certain emotions rather than no emotions) In that episode we have a physical explanation as the higher brain function evolves (and we saw something like this in season 3 with Milo Stanfield in "The Plateau")

However, we have the "August" dilemma or instance. It would appear that an Observers can find a way back to thos kinds of feelings...but this instance, like Michael being an anomaly, could mean August is one too...

And/or we may have a bunch of anomalies or various waves of Observers that are created with different tech at different times. Currently I have been debating some of these things out with Rick, because if they have an origin date that hasn't been coming to pass in the iterations we have seen, then how do they continue to exist (without changing) if the universes keep getting destroyed before their [re]creation date, unless the amber time (parts of it) is the time line of their creation and thus in some way existed prior to season 1 (and some) and our characters somehow "reprinted" on it??

I'm still thinking the philosophy behind "If You See the Buddha on the Road, Kill him!" Should be vital in the end. Mostly this antagonistic philosophy book presents a person with the awareness of their own limitations and strengths makes the reader realize that they can be the only one who know's the truth of their experience best. (as truth or perception lies on the feelings and beliefs of the beholder). (So the Observers can only know so much too and doesn't mean their truth is absolute, because we are all on the road together)

If you see the screener, I would love to read your take! :thumbup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 pm

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Fringe Spoilers