[Official] BSG 4.21 : Daybreak Part 2 SERIES FINALE!

General discussion for 'Battlestar Galactica'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Well?

Best last episode of all time!
10%
10%
10%
10%
Perfectly fine finale
5%
Perfectly fine finale
5%
Perfectly fine finale
5%
Perfectly fine finale
5%
Decent
6%
Decent
6%
Decent
6%
Decent
6%
THAT'S what you call an ending???
3%
3%
3%
3%
No, just...no
1%
No, just...no
1%
No, just...no
1%
No, just...no
1%

Total votes : 100

[Official] BSG 4.21 : Daybreak Part 2 SERIES FINALE!

Postby The Strog on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:24 pm

This is it, folks. The grand finale. The conclusion. The end.

After four seasons the pieces of the puzzle will fall together tonight.

Discuss it all below.

Promo
TV Guide Scans
Photos
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] BSG 4.21 : Daybreak Part 2 SERIES FINALE!

Postby kristy815 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:10 am

A very satisfying ending I thought. . .

the opera house scene was the best. . .

the scene with Anders and Starbuck was excellent. . .

and the closing was pretty nice too. . .
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby BlackrockBob on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:26 pm

I liked Cavil shooting himself when he realized it was the end. I liked that they finally found earth, but I felt like there were a few loose ends. I hope the next special fills in some of the gaps.
BlackrockBob
Extra

Postby JediChewy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Loved the ending and all that especially the battle into the Cylon ship, however the last half hour ran a bit long on earth...

I'm still confused as to the "the angels walk among us" and "it has happened before" ....I kinda get it, but last nights finale leave an awkward feeling.... I mean what is Cara Thrace again? She seems so real to everyone....
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Battlestar: my ending review

I loved this series and was with it all the way until it's very last scene(s).
I felt philosophically betrayed not seeing an image of Tori buying flowers or Romo walking Jake across Broadway. There was an overly cynical undertone that made inner 'angel' six's last words take any redemtive qualities of 'The Nature of God' right out of the entire series, as if our characters, in 'it's' own opinion, TOXIC!!! -The possible 'break in the cycle' had to come with their deaths, the deaths of their baggage. I would have perferred to see them walking amoungst us, showing us, that we are all angels, as quantum mechanics shows the unverse manifests into parallels and dimentions of time, giving the race another chance, HOPE!

Or even if after they seperated, they eventually came together agian, meeting in the cabin...especially Lee and Bill.

Even going back to a theme 8 epsiodes ago about 'crossing over the river', a place were those you love are waiting, a place to be perhaps forever together, an 'afterlife', would have been well recieved.

But this way leads towards a race that does not know, does NOT REMEMBER who these people were, making their every sacrifice and struggle, and faith in themselves and eachother in absolute vein!! No sign of a holy trinity by having the spirit, the essence of what was live within. Instaed turning into a 'Bagavad-Gita-original-Buddhist-Thought-esque': the freedom of everything, nothingness, seperation, and denial, seemingly equal to taking a loaded gun to our heads!

There is no point of hope in that. "That is not Justice"

Even Hera, who may have bred with the Aberiginies, still died "a young woman"...making us think the lack of medacine and harsh conditions of the wilderness killed her and who know who else off....exceptionaly depressing.

I could not buy into that all the characters would go back to their original 'Capric-Dreams', that this experience didn't change how they felt or reshape those dreams.

The theme should not have been about the co-exsistance or innovation of any and all being the problem of cylons and humans, but for what, and how we use technology, and the fact we don't always take the time and give ourselves the space to understand eachother, should have been!!!!!!!

Who wants to rewatch something knowing that every characters action doesn't matter, taking away meaning from all experience as the final 'so say we all'??

Not me.

I felt like Moore was mad at the world and here we all are, at yet another crossroads, but it doesn't matter, no one will remeber us, as no one remembers them...dust in the wind.

Everything else was beautiful...the opera house, kara disappearing before our eyes, balter and caprica togehter agian...the detail of the fight scenes...Maybe 'The PIan' will give me the 'justice' in a loophole I am looking for?? Until then I guess I will have to make up my own ending in my head. ::projecting::

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Nicole on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:29 pm

That was mad!!! I didn't watch this series from the start, just from the start of this season.
The last episode was great, I cried when Adama's wife died. :cry:

But what's the craic with this Daniel person?
And was it bascially that everything had already happened and was going to happen again?

I thought it was great. :thumbup:
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:03 pm

lookin forward to the plan already :thumbup:
"HE IS BOB, EAGER FOR FUN.... WEARS A SMILE, EVERYBODY RUN...."- Phillip Gerrard

Either Conuley or against us basically...

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Nicole wrote:That was mad!!! I didn't watch this series from the start, just from the start of this season.
The last episode was great, I cried when Adama's wife died. :cry:

But what's the craic with this Daniel person?
And was it bascially that everything had already happened and was going to happen again?

I thought it was great. :thumbup:

If you want to understand the meaning behind daniel, then u should look forward to Caprica....as number seven, as part of the 8, were made in an image of there human forfathers, like 'john'(number 1), as Ellen explained the humans made the final five, who made the 8.

The two hr pilot will be available on dvd April 21st -19.oo and, itunes 15.oo for Caprica....the series will air with 20 eps beginning of 2010.

here's a link for sci-fi's official Caprica (BSG prequel series set 50 yrs earleir than the first cylon war...the beginning of cylons)http://www.scifi.com/caprica/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby bloo98 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Interesting to read what everyone has to say about it...

I only caught the last hour and still have mixed feelings about it... :huh:
bloo98
Extra

Postby Spider1986 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:41 pm

I cried. and will rewatching it tonight again.... im in the mood....^^
Spider1986
Extra

Postby JediChewy on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:18 pm

I have a lot more questions than listed here, or maybe I am mistaking it with my mix feelings about the ending. There's nothing to cry about more than there is to question about...at any rate, The unanswered BSG questions

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/battlestar-galactica-the-series-finales-unanswered-questions--200?nc
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:10 am

JediChewy wrote:I have a lot more questions than listed here, or maybe I am mistaking it with my mix feelings about the ending. There's nothing to cry about more than there is to question about...at any rate, The unanswered BSG questions

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/battlestar-galactica-the-series-finales-unanswered-questions--200?nc

This is why i have a big beef with the ending...Hera died young and abviously she and th aberiginies had compadible DNA (the y chromozome is key)...but she died 'a young woman'...did she get sick? -Were any of them friends with the Abers?? -See I would have felt more possitive if Baltars farm/crops got under way and there was a peaceful communioun between all three species...then If Lee would have found bill, helped his dad build the cabin, everyone could have occationally gathered....and then the last scene from those characters could have been Bill's same words as before but instead of being by himself sitting on the hill, he was looking out his open cabin window (face east) and then made his Laura is heavenly like the sun-rise comments...followed by Hera walking home, then going to NYC and hearing inner six would have been hopeful and true and not a satire..

It's because alot of the characters aren't really happy in theri last scenes that make you think they didn't get anywhere, they didn't become a family, the scattered, Hera didn;t make it out of her 20's probably...and then to make her any 'Eve' at all was like, 'here, we are passing our problems on to you' and Eve is the one who picked the fruit and condemed man....it just could have felt a heck of a lot better.

-and they introduced 'crossing over' @ 8 eps earlier and there was none of that reintroduced or confirmed either...like 'god' still has a place for everyone to come together again...They made a series full of ' a bigger force of work' = God in the machine' and then lets forget the characters, what 'plan'?!, = God out of the machine

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby leoff on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Decent finale, but flawed as the series had been for the last couple of seasons. BSG strong suit are the characters and most of them were nice handled. (Except Baltar. Writers didn't know anymore what to do with him since S3).

The mythology, however, was poorly planned and executed. The Deus Ex-Machina was a convenient excuse to tie the plot. See, I don't care with the religious tone; it's been there since the beginning. But the Starbuck thing was too much. And considering how slow and character driven were the last episodes, I would love to see them elaborate the colonials giving up their technology. That came out of nowhere.

Did they ever explained why humans left Kobol and went to the 12 colonies? Or why there was a temple in Kobol with information about Earth's location? (Considering Earth was a cylon colony and cylons and humans never spoke to each other since the cylons left Kobol.)
leoff
Extra

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:15 pm

leoff wrote:Decent finale, but flawed as the series had been for the last couple of seasons. BSG strong suit are the characters and most of them were nice handled. (Except Baltar. Writers didn't know anymore what to do with him since S3).

The mythology, however, was poorly planned and executed. The Deus Ex-Machina was a convenient excuse to tie the plot. See, I don't care with the religious tone; it's been there since the beginning. But the Starbuck thing was too much. And considering how slow and character driven were the last episodes, I would love to see them elaborate the colonials giving up their technology. That came out of nowhere.

Did they ever explained why humans left Kobol and went to the 12 colonies? Or why there was a temple in Kobol with information about Earth's location? (Considering Earth was a cylon colony and cylons and humans never spoke to each other since the cylons left Kobol.)

I am hoping the plan explains that more and that maybe the ending we saw is not really the ending, as I read that the Plan goes through various scenes before the mini-serires and then at least up into season two...

I am also curious because Inner six also told Balter that he is to 'write' the final chapter of man (which it isn't, but for their species as it was, it is) ... I keep thinking that Earth one and two are somehow innertwinned more, becuase they were next to a worn whole....kind of like the cylon earth is somehow our future, and earth two, our past.

I mean I get that humans on Caprica made the final 5 with the first centurtians, who ran amock, then they left and found Kobal? and then earth....and then they were forced to make the 8 by the other centurians, so they stopped the first cylon war so that the centurians could make the 8, and the 8 went back to nuce the 12 colonies just to spite the 5 and all of their forfathers...then somewhere 'Johns' killed the 'Daniels'!....but how did pythia's scripture get made and by who?

I would be curious to see if the Cylon Plan co-insides with 'God's Plan'....the last scene in BSG makes me think so because inner Baltar says, "You know he doesn't like it when you call it that (refering to inners six calling it 'the plan')::inner six flashes a look:: Oh silly, silly me." -as if there is something we don't know about all of this.

like I said I was a-ok with it's mythology until they took it all away...like bagavad-gita or original Buhddist thought...have nothing to free yourself, which I thought for a series that made obvious by visions and structures and base-star ramblings and utter pain, that the conclusion should have been more about unity and not seperationism/pass the torch, let the child die young and don't let us know if we 'found peace' with the aberiginies!

I want to be able to enjoy watching Caprica, but knowing how it ended with Bill and Lee, makes it hard to stomache
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Bill and Joeseph....ugggg.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JediChewy on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:23 pm

I don't hate the ending, but I do have mixed feelings. However talking about it with friends, the question came up. HOW WOULD YOU WRITE THE ENDING THEN?

It can be easy to complain about this and that now that its played out.

I think the writers had to hit several points as well as wanted to arrive with a realistic yet epic ending.
I have to admit though with every great TV show, most of the time the last episode of the entire series is usually the worst, not because it has ended, but usually because it is as if creators are trying to wrap up everything they talked about in the last seasons all within the time frame they have to tell it and leave not only a strong statement or memorable scenes of some sort but also address the characters leaving an end for them or which characters will live on, what will they do now, etc.

Don't know if this was explained well, but I guess just ask yourself How would you address and change the complaints that you have about the ending?

Oh also I don't think the Plan or Caprica is going to explain anything. The show will be kinda like the Razor miniseries I have a feeling. I think BSG has said all they wanted sorry to say. Which if I'm correct(and I'm not always), that means they won't address Who or What the frack is Kara Thrace really? :( But I am hoping....
JediChewy
Guest Star

Next

Return to Battlestar Galactica Discussion [No spoilers!]